Author Topic: San Diego Comic-Con 2008  (Read 22869 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: San Diego Comic-Con 2008
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2008, 01:38 AM »
Thanks for the great pics JayDoub, they're great to look through.

I'm loving the Christmas Galactic Hero 3-packs.  :D

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2008, 05:04 PM »
Nice pics! I'm curious, though, as to what this one is:

Probably Sideshow or something. That stormie is spot on!

Offline Heart_of_Darkness

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2008, 05:50 PM »
Probably Sideshow or something. That stormie is spot on!
[/quote]Check the "12 figure board for more info on the stormies and darth vader. And they are sideshow.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 10:47 PM by Jeff »

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2008, 02:48 AM »
Thanks for the great pics JayDoub, they're great to look through.

I'm loving the Christmas Galactic Hero 3-packs.  :D

Thanks.

Me too.

Offline Theo Zissou

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • My myspace page
« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2008, 03:32 AM »
hey all. sorry i didn't write anymore while i was at the con. i took my laptop on Friday to all the starwars events, but the net wasn't able to connect. i figured people were really dragging down on the free net. anyways by now i figure you have seen and heard about all the starwars stuff. still I'll share a few things. :)

lucky for us we we able to get the marriot which was pretty built into the con.

once again at this years hasbro presentation they started late so they had to rush through the presentation. all the new stuff was at the end. The new muggs were the coolest thing to me. no Q&A at all  :roll:

At the big starwars event in hall H they had a few really cool clips to show. They showed 2 really spoiler-ish force unleashed cut scenes. then a clip of a battle scene from the clone wars film, and even better a clip from a luminara themed episode from the fall series. Oh i did starwars trivia again this year. I didn't win, but it was still fun.

Some of the best panels i went to were Heroes. They showed the full first hour of the 2 hour season 3 episode. which was awesome! The whole cast was there too.

I was able to get a Dharma interview and i passed so i was pretty much sold on going to the LOST panel over the office panel which i was sad to miss. matthew fox was a suprise guest and they gave out all kinds of cool stuff to question askers. i didn't get to ask one though.

It's always sunny in Philly was really great too. we got to see a new episode. Mac and Dennis: Manhunters :) I also got to meet, shake hands, and talk to charlie day, Glenn Howerton, and Rob McElhenney. Also one of the coolest things i got to do was do a promo for sunny in Philly where they asked me why i liked the show, who my favorite character was, and favorite episode. When i said "Charlie goes America" the camera man asked for a rock, flag, and eagle shout. So i think that might land me on FX :) lol

I met so many more people this year then last year. I spent about 30 minutes talking to Scott Adsit from 30 rock at this adult swim party we were able to get into on Friday night. At the same party they had all kinds of free food which was a nice break from all the big tabs we ran up at the rest of places we went like hooters. Also one of the most memorable moments was one my friends that was with us jumped up on stage with David banner and was rapping all over the place. David banner even handed him $200! lol

you can watch the video here.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhtjkD6Df9U BEWARE it does have CURSING so i'm not sure how long until it's deleted. you can see me just on the right side on the screen up right in front of the stage.

Me with Scott Adsit

I was also able to meet and talk with clonewars director Dave Filoni and writer Henry Gilroy. Ray park, Seth green, The RZA, Sam Jackon said what's up to me, and some pretty cool costumed people.

Me with with clonewars director Dave Filoni

I got autographs from Dave Filoni, Henry Gilroy, Quinton Flynn, and Michael Hollick who plays niko from gta4 who was a really nice guy. well pretty much everyone i met was cool. Hollick signed both my game case and on the last day my hat. really cool he wrote "Life can complicated" :)

I really hooked up my friend Joel and this crazy timeline fell into place. I went to the fringe panel where JJ Abrams announced 3 winners of a autographed bat robot statue. my firend was named he wouldn't of found out otherwise. he went to pick it up and then on the way to hotel he ran into JJ. crazy eh? :)

I stood in alot more lines this year too. i had to get my daughter the pony this year so from about 7am to 11am i was in 3 diffrent lines all for hasbro toyshop. on preview night i spent a good hour and a half in 3 lines to put together a joker Lego in order to get a batman one with a box. The heroes line was rather long too. it went all the way around the convention center 2 hours before it started.

anyways this year was even better than last year. Got a ton of cool posters, stuff, and all the meet and greets. I did get con crud :/ but i didn't let it hold me back. next year i want to work on getting sketch's as my new addition to the experience. i'll post some pics of stuff on the floor a little later.

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2008, 03:47 AM »
 Oh i did starwars trivia again this year. I didn't win, but it was still fun.

i was there, i was the guy with the big guy that was passing out tickets for the raffle.i was holding the tickets for the SDSWS to pick out.i was wearing a black hat and a black SDSWS shirt. did you see me?

He's no good to me open

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2008, 03:58 AM »
on sunday i dressed my 2 1/2 year old son in a jawa costume. the local news interviewed me about costuming and activities , everything was going great but then she called me a star wars nerd on camera and i replied " huh I'm no nerd" and she just made a weird face and stopped talking. i never made it on the news but they did play a little of my son in the costume. here it is, its about 1m 48 second into the clip.

http://www.sandiego6.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=487254@video.fox6.com&navCatId=137&articleID=487584
He's no good to me open

Offline Heart_of_Darkness

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2008, 05:36 PM »
on sunday i dressed my 2 1/2 year old son in a jawa costume. the local news interviewed me about costuming and activities , everything was going great but then she called me a star wars nerd on camera and i replied " huh I'm no nerd" and she just made a weird face and stopped talking. i never made it on the news but they did play a little of my son in the costume. here it is, its about 1m 48 second into the clip.

http://www.sandiego6.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=487254@video.fox6.com&navCatId=137&articleID=487584
Aren't you proud to be a star wars nerd  :o just kidding

Wow you guys get to do a lot of stuff at the con maybe next year I'll do some more exploring :)

Offline Theo Zissou

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • My myspace page
« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2008, 10:12 PM »
yes i do remember. that's cool. yeah after everytime i was out i kinda just waited to the left of the stage until the next round started. one of the funest things to do at the con. :)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 1, 2008, 10:17 AM »
Sorry I missed just about everyone down there. Getting down to the con this year was a little trying and when I got there on Thursday, I was really having a horrible time. However, by the time I left in the wee hours of Sunday morning, I was having a blast.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #70 on: August 3, 2008, 09:12 AM »
I just got back late last night. Here are a few pics. Not sure what else everyone has been posting.

Handing in the Wishlist and a little breakfest meeting. AWESOME!

« Last Edit: August 3, 2008, 09:13 AM by evenflow »
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Theo Zissou

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • My myspace page
« Reply #71 on: August 3, 2008, 05:27 PM »
That looks like the line into the heroes panel to me :) great panel. so awesome to see that new episode.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 5, 2008, 09:37 AM »
I got to hang out with Zachary (the guy who plays Sylar) at a party, he said it was awesome to see the episode with fans, kind of reminded him of this theater days.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Theo Zissou

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • My myspace page
« Reply #73 on: August 8, 2008, 12:54 AM »
nice :) was that the one at the hard rock? we went to the one at petco put on by adult swim. ran into scott adsit from 30 rock and my friend rapped and got paid $200 by david banner.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2008, 10:39 AM »
We were at the Sci-fi Chanel one.