Author Topic: 2008 DVD Releases Thread  (Read 30070 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 DVD Releases Thread
« Reply #150 on: November 13, 2008, 07:45 AM »
The sale ends on the 23rd, so ordering Wall-E with the discount shouldn't be a problem (although you might run into the out of stock scenario).  I'll end up placing three orders in total:

Order #1 - Batman: The Complete Animated Series, Mask of the Phantasm, Rodan / War of the Gargantuans, All Monsters Attack and Terror of Mechogodzilla

Order #2 - Kung Fu Panda / Furious Five and Hellboy II

Order #3 - Wall-E

Anything else worth getting with the Wall-E order next week?  Tropic Thunder worth a blind buy?  How about Forgetting Sarah Marshall?  I was always interested in seeing that one, but after seeing the pic of Kirsten Bell having acrobatic sex in the latest issue of Playboy, my interest has risen more.  :P
Common sense isn't so common

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 18, 2008, 12:56 PM »
Just picked up Wall-E from Target.  Forgot about the free seedling thingy.  Didn't Circuit City have a Rubick's cube or something?  Oh well.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 24, 2008, 09:16 AM »
Does streaming movies count? We netflixed the King of Kong, a fist full of Quarters to the xBox. Great documentary. Can't recommend it enough.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 24, 2008, 09:30 AM »
We picked up Wall-E last week, and just got a chance to watch it over the weekend.  This is one that we didn't make it to in the theaters this year - and I have to say I really enjoyed it.  I think it might be one of my favorites of the Pixar movies.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 25, 2008, 11:03 AM »
Also, if anyone buys the Kung Fu Panda DVD and watches the Secrets of the Furious Five, it was created by the GG side of the studio I work for, and everyone is very proud of how it came out.

EDIT:  Turns out our guys only did the full CG parts with the students - the majority of it was done elsewhere.  Either way, everyone is still proud of how it turned out.

My kids and I watched the Secrets of the Furious Five last night.  Very well done!  I personally like the animation style better with the students than what was done for the individual characters.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 4, 2008, 01:25 PM »
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 4, 2008, 02:17 PM »
Howard the Duck on DVD in 2009?

Sweet.  Now I can finally sleep at night knowing I'll soon own this classic.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #157 on: December 4, 2008, 10:00 PM »
Good news indeed!  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #158 on: December 4, 2008, 10:07 PM »
I picked up the 3-Disk Prince Caspian yesterday, for $30. I think the blu-ray was cheaper... :-X
"This is the way."

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 4, 2008, 11:31 PM »
I saw The Dark Knight at a local coles store. it was the single disc version..was kinda surprised to see it considering it shouldnt be out till next tuesday! If they had the Blu-ray I would have bought it but they did not so they dont get my money.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 5, 2008, 09:15 AM »
Is it just me or does it seem like this year, the last 2 or 3 months to be specific, we've seen a lot of DVDs break the release date?  The new Star Wars sets jumped the gun at Target, Kun Fu Panda had an odd release date anyway but I found it early.  The boxed set of "Charmed" came out early at my Target and now you've spotted the Dark Knight 5 days early.

I don't remember ever finding a DVD early till this year and now I've seen at least 3 and heard of more.  I'm starting to think the stores are doing it on purpose to generate foot traffic in the bad economy. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 5, 2008, 09:24 AM »
Howard the Duck on DVD in 2009?

Sweet.  Now I can finally sleep at night knowing I'll soon own this classic.

So will I & Brent will be ape**** over this!   :D

Finally! Howard the Duck Comes to DVD!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 8, 2008, 04:51 AM »
So the Dark Knight comes out on Tuesday, up here Futureshop has the steelbook & Best Buy has a bobblehead.  ::)

Any exclusives down in the US better than this.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 8, 2008, 10:13 AM »
one of the two you mentioned also has a model of his little bike. Saw it in a flyer last week
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 8, 2008, 10:35 AM »
Futureshop & Walmart on Blu-Ray which I don't have.  :-\

Walmart also has an exclusive with commemorative Harvey Dent's coin & comic book.