Author Topic: 2008 DVD Releases Thread  (Read 8488 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 DVD Releases Thread
« Reply #45 on: July 9, 2008, 11:48 AM »
The Crow: Wicked Prayer

You paid money for that film?
   E...

It was buy 2 get 3 free.  I couldn't find anything better for my final selection.  I've never seen it and I think this is the first movie that EF has been in since T2 so I thought I'd give it a shot.  Haven't watched it yet though, but thanks for letting me know it sucks ass.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Knight
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 9, 2008, 04:15 PM »
Anyone pick up Gotham Knight today?

I plan on grabbing it tomorrow when we stop by Target, but haven't decided on which version.  Is there a big reason to grab the 2-disc over the regular release?  I usually grab 2 disc version of my favorite movies, when possible, but kind of take it on a case by case basis on these sort of sets.

Well it's worth it alone if you love Batman: The Animated Series like I do. The bonus disc has some sort of story about the creation and evolution of Batman, a feature on Gotham and its heroes/villains/citizens and 4 of Bruce Timm's favorite episodes of Batman:TAS. Haven't gotten to watch it yet but I plan on doing so soon.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 9, 2008, 04:20 PM »
Anyone pick up Gotham Knight today?

I plan on grabbing it tomorrow when we stop by Target, but haven't decided on which version.  Is there a big reason to grab the 2-disc over the regular release?  I usually grab 2 disc version of my favorite movies, when possible, but kind of take it on a case by case basis on these sort of sets.

Well it's worth it alone if you love Batman: The Animated Series like I do. The bonus disc has some sort of story about the creation and evolution of Batman, a feature on Gotham and its heroes/villains/citizens and 4 of Bruce Timm's favorite episodes of Batman:TAS. Haven't gotten to watch it yet but I plan on doing so soon.

I just saw that in the review over at IGN, it sounds like the special features are pretty spiffy overall (10 out of 10 from IGN I believe).

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 9, 2008, 05:20 PM »
Transformers DVD w/Tranforming Megatron Case

I'm glad I went the Best Buy Route and didn't get the Optimus case at Target as I'd be compelled to buy this one to go with it.

Blue Ray
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 05:48 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2008, 04:25 PM »

It was buy 2 get 3 free. 

That's one heck of a deal.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2008, 04:53 PM »
Picked this up a while back:

Best TV show ever.  :)  Just started season 4 the other day.  Kind of bummed that I'm almost done with it...it's become regular viewing over the last few weeks.

John

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2008, 11:48 PM »
Iron Man is supposed to come out September 30. While Indy comes October 14.

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/rumormill.html

KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2008, 11:50 PM »
Anyone out there with HD-DVD players?  I got a couple of extras to off load.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2008, 12:16 PM »
Just saw some more rumors/pics of the Indiana Jones DVD release(s) over at TheRaider.net.  I think this is for an overseas release, but the set with the Crystal Skull replica does look pretty spiffy.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2008, 12:58 PM »
I don't usually buy those box sets but can see myself picking this one up.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2008, 04:02 PM »
Even though I'm sure it'll just be a small, plastic bauble, I'm a sucker for those types of boxed sets.  I'd buy it.

I don't know if I'd buy a boxed set of all 4.  I already bought the "Complete" series set of 3 films...

E...
"Microsoft and Sony are acting like divorced parents fighting over kids.  MS tries to lay down the law, Sony buys them beer and pot." - @DanStapleton

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2008, 03:09 PM »
Just saw some more rumors/pics of the Indiana Jones DVD release(s) over at TheRaider.net.  I think this is for an overseas release, but the set with the Crystal Skull replica does look pretty spiffy.

From the SDCC floor preview & it looks like to be a Best Buy exclusive from Sideshow. I so want that DVD set.  8)

« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 03:18 PM by DSJ™ »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 4, 2008, 06:13 PM »
I see that Starship Troopers 3 is coming out tomorrow.  Has anyone even seen ST2   ???  I heard that movie sucked, but it obvioulsy must have made some dough to warrent another sequel.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 4, 2008, 07:54 PM »
I haven't seen the second film.  I've seen a couple clips from it and it didn't look all that good.  Not sure how this one is.  I know that just having Johnny Rico (Casper Van Dien) in it again wasn't really enough of a draw to make me want to run out and buy it.

I really loved the first film so eventually I ought to track down 2 and then this one and watch them.  Matter of fact, I don't even own the first film on DVD yet... Should probably fixt that some time.

E...
"Microsoft and Sony are acting like divorced parents fighting over kids.  MS tries to lay down the law, Sony buys them beer and pot." - @DanStapleton

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 4, 2008, 08:51 PM »
Starship troopers was a lot of fun, but I think it's stretching the boundaries a bit to call it a film.....:)
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.