Author Topic: Beasts/Creatures - Do They Need Redos?  (Read 11606 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Beasts/Creatures - Do They Need Redos?
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2008, 03:20 PM »
We will confirm there are some other beasts we are looking at updating first.

That's good to hear. They probably mean the Rancor repaint but hey, it's a start. :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2008, 06:07 PM »
Cool... other beasts that they want to update first?  I wonder what they could be?  I'd say the Dewback is a good possibilty... maybe Jabba too?

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2008, 06:32 PM »
They of course mean the rancor, but i could also see them meaning a dewback too.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2008, 09:38 AM »
I would think the dewback is on the short list. Don't ask me why.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2008, 07:58 AM »
I could see the Dewback being on the short list as well - mostly because of the trooper aspect of the piece. Over the past two years, Hasbro has released a wide variety of Sandtroopers and there hasn't been a Dewback on the shelf in 11 years. Even if it's the same sculpt we got back in 1997 with updated jointed legs, I would be happy with a new version. They could probably also paint it A LOT better than they did 11 years ago and that would be a welcome update.

Personally, I would prefer that they started to show some love to the Rebels on Hoth which should include an all-new Tauntaun, but that's just me.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2008, 09:29 AM »
I think you guys are right, they are most likely talking about the Rancor - and I for some reason think the Dewback might be on its way as well.  That one fits pretty well into a Battle Pack if they want to go that route.  The Wampa was just updated a few years ago, and I wouldn't think they would be updating prequel beasts already (although you never know).  As we've discussed in this thread, although most of the beasts are pretty well done - they could probably do some pretty spiffy stuff with them these days.  There are a lot of figures that seemed pretty nice until we got new versions, and it was surprising how much better they looked.  The Taun Taun has always been one of my favorites, so I sort of hope we see a new sculpted, more articulated version in the not too distant future.