Author Topic: Recent Purchases  (Read 94548 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: Recent Purchases
« Reply #180 on: October 28, 2008, 12:14 PM »
I picked up Sallah and the Cario Swordsmen at WM today. I held off on all secondary characters because I was not interested in the line. With my TOD case arriving any day I figured I can return the 6 useless Indy & Mutts that take half the case up in favor of guys I passed on. I will have to figure out the other 4 characters I am going to buy to retun all of the crap I do not need.

All of the Cario dudes can make great G.I.Joe Taliban villains maybe I will army build with them....
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #181 on: October 29, 2008, 09:18 AM »
I got the TOD case last night - WOW.
This line is sure ending on a high note as the six new figures are truly the best in the line! I even lucked out and got perfect paint jobs/figures on all of them. It's a real shame they did not case pack two of every figure this wave could have helped save the line.

Anyone waiting on buying this case where they can should not wait, it's truly worth it. I plan on buying some figures I passed on then exchanging the extras from this case in their place so it's makes buying it less painless.

GO FOR IT!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #182 on: October 29, 2008, 08:29 PM »
I've been playing catch up on the line as I just now decided to get in on it while it is still around at retail. One of the local Wal-Marts has basic figures marked down to $5.44, which really isn't a bad deal.

Yesterday I picked up:

Sallah
Belloq
Cairo Swordsman
Deluxe Indy with the Ark of the Covenant

I may end up biting on the TOD wave case from EE as well. The crappy case ratio is the only thing holding me back. And Hasbro really wouldn't have done anything differently? ::)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 08:31 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #183 on: October 29, 2008, 10:33 PM »
Received my absurdly expensive Elsa from an ebay seller today. It cost a lot of money, but it's worth it to finally put the Last Crusade wave behind me. Now for ToD.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 30, 2008, 01:16 AM »
I got my Temple of Doom case today.

All I need is the Elsa and Vogul to show up in the mail and I think I'm all done.   :)

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 30, 2008, 07:56 PM »
I picked up the Indiana Jones Mighty Mugg on clearance today at Target.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 31, 2008, 04:12 PM »
Found a new case of figures at WM today and picked up a Henry Jones and a couple army builders.  This was one of the refresh cases that only had the Indy, Young Indy and Henry, not the full TLC wave.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 31, 2008, 10:31 PM »
I received my TOD case from EE today.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #188 on: November 1, 2008, 12:22 AM »
I finished of the Raiders wave today and picked up Monkey Man and Marion. I also nabbed a deluxe Indy w/ Horse.

I'm getting there... I just need to grab the OT German vehicles. And finish off the TOD and TLC waves.
"This is the way."

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #189 on: November 1, 2008, 06:42 PM »
Wow...on this page alone there are 3 collectors that are just picking up figures from May.  No wonder this line tanked. 

I buy every carded SW figure (except repacks) that comes out.  Sure there's a figure here and there that doesn't interest me.  But I know that if I support figures like Mon Mothma and Sio Bibble, Hasbro will make figures like Bo Shek or Woislea.  I understand finacial limitations, but it's no wonder Hasbro started shipping full Indy cases when people were not buying Marion and other secondary characters.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #190 on: November 2, 2008, 12:49 AM »
Received my motorcycle w/sidecar from Marauder Inc. today. Henry Sr. fits perfectly in the sidecar. Sucks Hasbro couldn't get this set made, but at least there's this set to fill the void.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 2, 2008, 11:53 AM »
Received my motorcycle w/sidecar from Marauder Inc. today. Henry Sr. fits perfectly in the sidecar. Sucks Hasbro couldn't get this set made, but at least there's this set to fill the void.

I got mine the other day. I'm very, very happy with it! ;D
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 2, 2008, 12:19 PM »
Wow...on this page alone there are 3 collectors that are just picking up figures from May.  No wonder this line tanked. 

What can I say?  I wasn't impressed with the line until I saw the later figures, and the $5.44 price point at Wal-Mart.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #193 on: November 4, 2008, 10:23 AM »
I picked up x2 fabric hood cargo truck, deluxe Mutt, Monkey Man, Grail Knight and when I came home my 3rd Skeleton came. I just mailed away for two more that to my TOD case. It's a shame this line is dead I was starting to come around to it a bit.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 4, 2008, 06:01 PM »

I got mine the other day. I'm very, very happy with it! ;D

Are you guys talking about this?

I know it's only $5 but any photos you can share with Indy and Henry Sr. in the vehicle would be very helpful.

Thanks!
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!