Author Topic: Recent Purchases  (Read 94753 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Purchases
« Reply #15 on: May 6, 2008, 03:30 PM »
Picked up a ROTLA Indy today. It was tough finding one that had passable eyes and wasn't pillaged for its mail away sticker.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: May 6, 2008, 09:53 PM »
Finally got a $20 vehicle at Target and a pile of basic figures using coupons.  Love coupons.

Target here is still hit and miss if they even have Indy toys out though.  One had a bit, the other 15 minutes down the road hasn't even reset.  I really have come to hate both Target and Wal-Mart equally at this point.  Target's only consistancy is that they're all inconsistant on putting **** out.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 6, 2008, 11:17 PM »
Just the GH sets, I like them better than the figures.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: May 7, 2008, 01:30 AM »
Opening the German Car...  It's really quite nice and it's a vehicle based on a real-world German 4-WD car, kind of like a jeep but not really, used in earlier years of the war.  Not many pictures I've ever seen of these vehicles (there's 2 larger variants of the same vehicle) in Europe, but Italy, North Africa and other campaigns seemingly saw them used heavily.  I saw a picture of one with Russian paint on it somewhere (red star, etc.) as well.

It's surprisingly accurate and the 1:18 military figures fit in really nicely.  It looks large with IJ figures in it though, which are a bit smaller.  They mix well enough but they're noticeably smaller.

I have a guy in it now with goggles on.  Very cool looking...  I have to fix that BFG in the back though.  That's beyond silly looking and needs a scaled MG-34 back there.

For the curious...

The German car is supposed to be either a

http://www.4x4abc.com/bmw/index.html BMW 325 4x4, or it's supposed to be a...

http://www.4x4abc.com/G-Class/g5.html Mercedes Benz G5

The trunk area might be a TAD long on it, however I'm more than willing to overlook that flaw...  It's to accomodate the figure and the lameass action feature, so I can look beyond that.  Shorten up that trunk though and this baby's spot-on.  It just needs painted properly.  I may nab one to cut the convertible top off and build a functional canvas top with canvas doors.  That would rock balls.
« Last Edit: May 7, 2008, 01:58 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 7, 2008, 09:25 AM »
I was surprised to see that the indy figures were cheeper at TRU, so I picked up another Raiders Indy for a friend.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 7, 2008, 02:16 PM »
One Walmart put out some more stuff today (the other two WM had either nothing or only Taters of the Lost Ark) and had some KOTCS stuff.  They also had the deluxe at only $12.92 rather than the $16.99 they were initially at a different Walmart ??? ::)  I picked up both KOTCS Indy's and the German Motorcycle but still passed on the Indy with horse because the eyes.... :o
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 7, 2008, 03:27 PM »
I stopped by Target and they finally put out their Indy stuff.  They were stocked pretty well with everything that I could see.  I picked up the ROTLA Adventure Hero sets, so I'm caught up with those.  They also didn't have the Indy w/horse or German w/motorcycle deluxe sets (no one in town has had them so far that I've seen), so I think that's all I'm still looking for from what's out.  They had the Tater there, and I was tempted - but left it for now.  Oh, and these were just in the normal aisle, next to Star Wars (which hasn't been stocked in ages).

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: May 9, 2008, 01:27 PM »
Head's up for a $5 off $25 purchase coupon at TRU.  But it's only good today and tomorrow (5/9 & 5/10). 

I used the coupon to buy the DLX Indy on Horse and DLX German Motorcycle sets, along with a basic figure Mutt (Jacket).  :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2008, 02:38 PM »
Picked up another German w/Motorcycle Dlx and one more Russian Soldier yesterday at TRU. Wish I had known about the TRU coupon... oh well..
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2008, 04:21 PM »
I picked up a Russian Soldier and the Deluxe Indy w/Horse this morning.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2008, 05:37 PM »
german 2pk
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2008, 01:09 AM »
I picked up the German Soldier and motorbike today.  I have more deluxe figs than basic ones!

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2008, 10:35 AM »
I got the German car yesterday, and JJ, the first thing I did was replace the ridiculous gun with a SW MG (I think it was the one from 4-LOM) and it looks fantastic!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2008, 02:37 PM »
Picked up the Cairo Indy, Indy w/ crystal skull, Mutt Williams, and Indy w/ horse yesterday.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2008, 05:34 PM »
Started my Indy collection after stopping at TRU and picking up a ROTLA Indy w/ Ark, and a KOTCS Col. Dovchenko.