Author Topic: Recent Purchases  (Read 94556 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Recent Purchases
« Reply #240 on: December 16, 2008, 06:14 PM »
Nice scores...  I'd like to line up some figures actually for customizing.  I'm hoping to get an RPG Indy or Deluxe Ark Indy and a regular Indy to do a Cairo Indy w/out jacket that's decent.  In general though, I'd love to have jsut about every figure from the line extra in some form for customs...  Especially that guy with the skull mask.  That's maybe the coolest fodder figure in the Indy line.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 17, 2008, 12:47 AM »
I scored a Snake Mutt, Cemetery Warrior, and Russian for $3.80 each at Target then turned right back around and returned my extra Indy's from the TOD case I ordered using the receipt. Whoever thought of that is a GENIUS.

I also saw the soft top Cargo Truck. Would have snagged it and some Battle Packs if they were on sale.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 17, 2008, 07:50 PM »
I bought a 12" whip-action Indy at Target for the clearance price of $10.48. It looks really cool with my other stuff. :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 19, 2008, 09:25 AM »
I picked up the Cairo Swordsman.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 21, 2008, 09:56 AM »
Managed to find a Young Indy and Grail Knight.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 23, 2008, 06:57 AM »
Picked up another TLC Indy and Henry Jones, Sr. so I could make the boil-and-pop custom of Indy in a suit. Sorry, I can't give credit to the person whose post I saw this in, but thanks for the idea! It was REALLY easy and it looks really good.

I also picked up another Indy w/Ark deluxe hoping to do the head-swap with a spare Indy & Temple Swing figure, but the heads don't match. I thought the heads were compatible between the three deluxe figures. I guess it's just Ark Indy and Temple Trap Indy? I'm going to pop the head off my Temple Trap Indy to be sure, before I spend $9 on another Temple Trap set. I would like to make that easy custom Cairo Indy figure at some point.

I think I might go score a couple more Cairo Thug 2-packs - one of my local WMs is loaded with them.

After that, I think I'll finally put this line to rest, there's really nothing else I would need until they hopefully fire it up again for a fifth Indy movie.  :-\
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 23, 2008, 07:22 PM »
I found an Elsa today. Gonna sell it to anyone who needs it.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 26, 2008, 03:33 PM »
Took advantage of the Target clearance today and filled the last few holes in the Indy basic figure collection. Bought Fertility Idol Indy, Hangar 51 Indy, Mutt w/Snake, and another Cemetary Warrior at $4.18 each.

Once the ToD wave I'm buying from Morgbug arrives I'll have every figure in the Indy line. Very cool, but kinda sad at the same time considering the line's dead. At least until Indy V that is. :'(

All that's left now for me is the second wave of Muggs, the EE exclusive Muggs, and possibly the Titanium Series....
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 03:35 PM by David »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 27, 2008, 11:10 AM »
Picked up the Raider's Target set on clearance.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #249 on: December 27, 2008, 12:43 PM »
Got a little silly with the TJ Maxx deals yesterday and today:

Adventure Heroes Indy & Elsa x 2 (all Adventure Heroes $3.99 each)
Adventure Heroes Grail Knight & Vogel x 2

Cloth canopy Cargo Truck (all vehicles $12.99)
Jungle Cutter

Deluxe Indy & Ark (all Deluxes $6.99)
Deluxe Indy & Horse
Deluxe Indy Pitfall Trap
Deluxe Cairo Thugs
Deluxe Mutt with Cycle

Basic Vogel x 2 (all basic figs $3.99 each) (for trades)
Basic Elsa (for trades)
Basic RPG Indy (for customizing)

The Elsa and Vogels are up for trade, if anyone needs them.  I'm currently needing the Adventure Heroes Indy/Henry to complete my Adventure Heroes set.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 27, 2008, 02:32 PM »
All figs are $3.00 at Wal-Mart. I finished off the basic line snagging Cairo Indy, Dovchenko, an Ugha Warrior and found a Henry Jones for trade purposes.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 28, 2008, 03:40 PM »
Found the Crystal Skull Target set.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 29, 2008, 07:17 PM »
Bought TLC Indy and Henry Jones at Wal-Mart, $3.00 each, and a Cairo Thugs 2-pack for $7.00. ;D
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 30, 2008, 11:47 PM »
Went to WalMart tonight to get some soda and other items. I stopped by the toy aisle of course and found a treasure trove of clearanced IJ figures!

I picked up: Cairo Swordsman, Monkey Man, Elsa Schneider, Colonel Vogel, TLC Indy and Grail Knight all for $3 and I also grabbed a Cairo Thugs 2-pack for $7.  ;D

Since this purchase netted me six more stickers, I'm going to get my butt over to the post office tomorow morning and send out one more Crystal Skeleton certificate, bringing my grand total on those up to 12. How many were in the chamber at the end of the movie, 12 or 13?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #254 on: December 31, 2008, 12:20 AM »
I'd love a Cairo Thugs 2-pack, but unfortunately there aren't any here.  :(  Was hoping to make some "bad guys" for my modern military figures to basically shoot at.  They're looking lonely on the shelf here.   :-\

I did, however, get about $70 worth of fodder tonight... 

I would love to find that 2-pack and Cemetary Warriors, and some Russians...  Unfortunately though, those aren't common here.  They're all great fodder, and none around.  Also not many TLC figures at all here...  Wouldn't mind finding some of those too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77