Author Topic: Recent Purchases  (Read 94550 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Recent Purchases
« Reply #255 on: December 31, 2008, 01:00 AM »
I'd love a Cairo Thugs 2-pack, but unfortunately there aren't any here.  :(  Was hoping to make some "bad guys" for my modern military figures to basically shoot at.  They're looking lonely on the shelf here.   :-\

I did, however, get about $70 worth of fodder tonight... 

I would love to find that 2-pack and Cemetary Warriors, and some Russians...  Unfortunately though, those aren't common here.  They're all great fodder, and none around.  Also not many TLC figures at all here...  Wouldn't mind finding some of those too.

I picked up a Cairo Thugs two-pack for sale/trade the other day at TJ Maxx.  You're welcome to it, JJ.  Let me know.  Also have an Elsa and two Vogels that are up for sale/trade (and are going back to Target by January 9 if nobody wants them).  Again, let me know and they're yours.

Took advantage of the Walmart clearance today.  Finally picked up a bunch of Crystal Skull garbage that I'd been refusing to buy at full price.

Spalko
Mutt Shirt
Mutt Jacket
Ugha Warrior
German Soldier

Deluxe German w/motorcycle ~ $7

Still need the Dovchenko, Russian Soldier, Cemetery Warrior, and Indy Jacket from the Crystal Skull wave.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 01:01 AM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 31, 2008, 01:10 AM »
Hey Jesse - want to hear something really cool?

The heads from the Monkey Man, Cairo Swordsman and the Cairo Thugs (of course) are all inter-changeable.

So to add some variety to my Cairo Street "scene" which includes the vintage cart & fruit stand, I have the Monkey Man head on a Cairo Thug body (since some of the Cairo Thugs didn't have face coverings). I've got a thug in all black and red with his face covered. I've got a tan Cairo Thug w/black headdress but his face exposed and I have a Cairo Thug with his face fully covered wearing a lovely purple & tan number.

I know these head swaps aren't anywhere near movie accurate, but for $13 tonight I added four more "bad guys" to my little display.

I'm tempted to go out and see if I can score more Cairo Thug 2-packs and Cairo Swordsman figures so I can make the head swaps that way and give the main Cairo Swordsman his own little squad of faceless backup warriors.

For me it all just depends on how long the Walmart clearance prices hold and the stock remains in the stores.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 31, 2008, 01:15 PM »
JJ, I have a Target that has nothing but Cairo Thugs. Don't think they're on sale though but I can snag a bunch if anyone wants them.

I also have an Elsa and a Henry Jones for sale if anyone still needs them.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #258 on: December 31, 2008, 02:20 PM »
Went to WalMart tonight to get some soda and other items. I stopped by the toy aisle of course and found a treasure trove of clearanced IJ figures!

I picked up: Cairo Swordsman, Monkey Man, Elsa Schneider, Colonel Vogel, TLC Indy and Grail Knight all for $3 and I also grabbed a Cairo Thugs 2-pack for $7.  ;D

Since this purchase netted me six more stickers, I'm going to get my butt over to the post office tomorow morning and send out one more Crystal Skeleton certificate, bringing my grand total on those up to 12. How many were in the chamber at the end of the movie, 12 or 13?

Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #259 on: December 31, 2008, 02:36 PM »
Picked up an extra Adventure Heroes Last Crusade Grail Knight/Vogel for trade today.  Looking for an Indy/Henry set.

I've been to every TJ Maxx store in the state and have found multiple Indy/Elsas, several Knight/Vogels, but not one Indy/Henry.  That particular gap in my collection is driving me nuts.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 02:37 PM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 1, 2009, 01:54 AM »

Ok cool - thanks for the info Pieter.

I'll wait a while - make sure I actually get all 12 that I sent away for and then I'll buy what I'm short off eBay or get it through trades.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #261 on: January 1, 2009, 11:41 AM »
Got another German Motorcycle yesterday, my third, at Wal-Mart for $7. Clearance has been kind to me as I estimate I've paid full retail for only about 25 percent of my collection.
I'd love to see some of those head swaps on the Cairo folk, Pete. Wish I'd known about that a little bit before the deadline, however, I haven't seen any Cairo Thugs in a while, so it'd probably been a bear trying to get another certificate's worth outta them.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 1, 2009, 06:41 PM »
I hit my local WM yesterday and found that they'd discounted the Indy line.  They also pulled some Deluxe sets out of the back, where they've been for 4 months or more, and I snagged another German w/ motorcycle and both Indy w/ trap sets.  I had been waiting on the trap sets but glad to add them.  $7 each.

And today my stalking of TJ Maxx paid off, I found the truck with cloth top for $12.99.  They had the figures earlier in the week but no vehicles...wasn't sure if I'd find them but did.  Also picked up a couple Dark Knight figures for $5.99 each so it was a good trip.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #263 on: January 1, 2009, 10:25 PM »
Picked up an Indy w/ temple trap at K-Mart, where this stuff is also on clearance. $8 for Deluxe, $5 for Adventure Heroes, and $4 for figures.

Shockingly, one of my local WMs blew through ALL their basic figures at $3. I was stunned, especially since I was looking for a really cheap RPG Indy so I could make the German disguised Indy. Guess I'll have to go to the other WM across ton to get that one.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 2, 2009, 08:21 AM »
I noticed all the Indy stuff was on clearance at our local WM as well, for basically the same prices people have been mentioning ($3 basics, $7 deluxe, etc.).  I was debating if there were any extra singles I wanted to pick up for $3, that German uniform Indy idea isn't a bad one.  Our store seemed to primarily have waves 1 and 2, as well as a few Young Indys.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 2, 2009, 03:55 PM »
I bought a basic German soldier today for $3 at WM (all figures were that price), but the deluxe were not marked down yet.  I'll wait until they're $5 to get one or two more of those.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 10, 2009, 05:31 PM »
I went to check out TJ Maxx today and sure enough I found a ton of stuff on clearance. I scored the cloth top Cargo Truck, Elsa, and Grail Knight. I'll probably sell the figures but it's nice to finally have that truck. ;D
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 10, 2009, 08:14 PM »
Went back to TJ Maxx to pick up another cloth top Cargo Truck, I figured what the heck, it was their last one. I'm gonna sell it.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 08:15 PM by David »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 11, 2009, 11:10 AM »
Picked up a ton of clearanced stuff on the way home from a JD get together yesterday - Indy/Horse, Mutt/Motoer Bike, Spalko, Dovchenko, Ucha warrior, Cemetery warrior, Russian Soldier, the Cargo Truck (cloth) and trooper car. All I really want or need now is Elsa.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 11, 2009, 08:36 PM »
Picked up a Grail Knight at WM for $3.