Author Topic: What kind of displays are you seeing?  (Read 4921 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: What kind of displays are you seeing?
« Reply #15 on: May 6, 2008, 09:50 PM »
A WM I hit tonight had a scant 8 figures, all Mutt Williams...

The next film title?  Mutt Williams and Pluggers of the Mass Retail Outlets.  Queue the Indy theme.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 6, 2008, 11:14 PM »
I checked out TRU tonight as I had to meet a friend there for his Kuby fix. I walked in & under construction around where the figures are. I walked all the way around the back of the store & nothing thus far so I venture off around the whole store & back to the figures. Not a bloody thing in that section. Then I spot them, 1 square island with Indy tucked away. This is the first time I have seen them, I never bothered to go out & hunt them down before.

1 side had the single figures, GH & 12". The other had the deluxe & truck. The rest was the electronic whip. Yep, pretty sad.  ::)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 7, 2008, 02:22 PM »
I would have to say that for the most part, the displays I have been seeing are pretty pathetic.

I'm glad that the stores really didn't seem to over-order. So perhaps they will come away from the situation looking that the movies lines and see that Indy is indeed a popular line.

For example, I was in TRU this morning when they opened, the Indy stuff is with Batman, Iron Man, Hulk and Prince Caspian stuff - meanwhile the Speed Racer junk takes up the marquee area across from these displays. The rest of the movie lines are fully stocked - plenty of things to choose from.

The Indy space on the other hand had the following: 2x Indy w/Bazooka, 1x Mutt w/Sword, 1x Mutt w/Snake, Deluxe Indy w/Temple Pitfall, a 12" Mutt Williams and the Role Playing Whip. That's it. No vehicles, no figures other than the ones I list. Nothing. Two days ago, this space was filled with product.

I'm really glad to see the line selling well - I really don't want anything to jeopardize the ToD wave.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!