Author Topic: Recreating Jabba's throne room  (Read 2354 times)

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Recreating Jabba's throne room
« on: June 15, 2003, 01:49 AM »
I know this will be expensive, do any memebers know exactly who was there, or a link to somewhere I can look?

Thanks,

Matt

Offline paploo

• Jedi Initiate
  • MORE EWOKS NOW
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: June 15, 2003, 08:19 AM by paploo »
The secret of success is to know something nobody else knows-Aristotle Onasis

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Recreating Jabba's throne room
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2003, 01:34 PM »
Thanks for the links Paploo.

Offline sp00ky

• Jedi Initiate
  • Scott McKenzie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2003, 09:38 AM »
You can check here too:

http://www.niubniubsuniverse.com/diorama/ep6/ep6.html/throne1.asp

Good Luck, and make sure to post some pics when you are done.

Scott
The space left intentionally blank.

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Recreating Jabba's throne room
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2003, 02:16 PM »
You can check here too:

http://www.niubniubsuniverse.com/diorama/ep6/ep6.html/throne1.asp

Good Luck, and make sure to post some pics when you are done.

Scott

Thanks Scott - how do I attach a special picture like yours?  Very cool.  Where would one look to find choices?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2003, 07:19 PM by FishEyedLouie »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2003, 06:46 AM »
You should really check Red 6's site out Matthew - it's one of the best reference sites on the net.  He's got a whole page dedicated to all of the characters hanging out out Jabba's pad, right down to the most obscure and inconspicuous ones that you probably never even saw on the screen.

But Matt, are you only going to be using vintage figures in this diorama, or modern era figures as well?  Obviously the vintage ones will cost you a pretty penny - especially EV-9D9 and Yak Face, whereas most of the modern ones were peg warmers that can still be had for relatively cheap still.  You'll have to definitely go with the vintage Jabba for the time being though, since there's no modern counterpart that even comes close (though a nice one is rumored to be coming...)

You'll also get a much greater character selection if you go with the modern era, which will include several figures that weren't available in the vintage line, like Ephant Mon, Slave Leia, Oola, Ishi Tib (wrong outfit though), B'omarr Monk, all the Special Edition dancers (3-pack) and band members (2-packs), etc.  Not to mention the modern figures generally have better, more accurate sculpts and paint jobs of course...

If I recall correctly, the only vintage figure from Jabba's Palace yet to be remade was Klaatu, so you might have to track him down from the vintage line as well, though he shouldn't cost too much for a loose one.  Good luck!  Can't wait to see the finished diorama!

And for those who may have missed the Fish's previous thread like this one - recreating the Arena battle, asking for tips on a complete and authentic Arena diorama, let me tell ya', the thing turned out pretty awesome!   8)  I saw it in person over at Matthew's house last month, and it came out very nice - much better than the picture looks in that earlier thread.  Looking forward to your next attempt Matt!  Are you going to go all out and have an underground Rancor pit and everything?

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2003, 09:26 PM »
Thanks for the link Matt - that is alot of information.

If I decide to do the diorama I will go vintage.  Slowly...Rancor = yes.

As far as the arena diorama, I added some more stuff, and will get a decent picture up soon.  

Fish-

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Re: Recreating Jabba's throne room
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2003, 04:25 PM »
Thanks for the link Matt - that is alot of information.

I'm always a plethora of information... or incessant babble.  Take your pick!   :P   ;D

But I still say that Jabba needs at least one of his little skimpily attired mistresses on hand.  Maybe you could just put a modern figure or two in with the Vintage stuff, if for no other reason than to keep the fat slug happy...  

LMK if you want me to get another pic up for you Matthew!