Author Topic: Take a look at what I got!  (Read 3036 times)

Offline ezehogan

• Youngling
  • Blast them!
    • View Profile
Take a look at what I got!
« on: June 22, 2003, 01:00 PM »
Today started off like any other day. I woke up, goofed off around the house, watched some TV.

Then, dad came home from a flea market and called me in to see something. At first I was annoyed, as I thought it would be something I had no interest in.

What he did was present this to me:

(Click Here for Picture)

He had bought me a lot of vintage Star Wars figures. All of the original 12 (including an extra Stormtrooper and Jawa) along with 2 other non-Star Wars figures and a generic Star Wars case (which I will bring up in another thread).

I had stayed out of vintage for a long time due to high costs. However, here in one fell swoop, I have the original 12. He presented it to me as a (very) early Christmas present, as he wanted to be sure I wouldn't buy any of these by Christmas time.

Anyway, as for the figures themselves, they are in great shape for the most part. The Vader's cape is torn unfortunately, and one of the Jawa's, Han Solo, Princess Leia, the Death Squad Commander, and Chewbacca are missing their weapons.

I didn't think it was bad considering only 5 of 14 figures were missing weapons.

Anyway, it looks like I am now into the world of Vintage Star Wars collecting, as I can right now picture my shelf being completely filled with the entire vintage collection.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2003, 01:02 PM by ezehogan »
Mr. Burns:  "Use an open faced club!  A sand wedge!"

Homer:  "Mmmmmm open face club sandwhich...."

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Take a look at what I got!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2003, 01:10 PM »
Those look great. A nice way to start off & very a nice early Christmas gift.  ;)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2003, 02:09 PM »
You have an awesome father for doing something like that for you.  AWESOME score and tell your dad he did very well.
dustrho

Offline CyberScout

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2003, 10:40 PM »
Nice score to start out with Eze,thats a great gift.Looks like you have plenty of display area to work with which reminds me I need to get more room.I'm also currently trying to complete my loose collection.Enjoy the hunt! ;D

Offline Lemon-Viper

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mudhole? Slimy? My home this is.
    • View Profile
    • Son of Bob.homestead.com
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2003, 03:36 PM »
Excellent wooden display case.  I've got the same one for my Star Wars figs.

Oh yeah, and GREAT score too!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2003, 03:58 PM by Lemon-Viper »
Stressed out?  Poop.  It'll make you feel better.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2003, 03:49 PM »
I'd like to congratulate you on that score as well, that is really cool that your dad found that for you as well.  Vintage figures are always fun to collect, and really bring back the nostalgia.  My goal is to someday have a loose complete vintage collection as well, and I've been picking up figures here and there over the past year or so.  Another great thing about (most of) vintage collecting is that the figures are pretty much always there if you want to pick something up.  You don't have to wait for them to hit stores over a period of several months (if ever  :)).  Anyways, congrats on that score, and the display looks great!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2003, 04:20 PM »
Good score EZ, or should I say EZ's dad...   ;)  Nice way to start out on a loose Vintage collection!  But there's no turning back now...

Just stay away from the Yak Faces for another month or two, 'til I've finally secured my last remaining missing piece!  Thanks.   :-*