Author Topic: What are your collecting goals?  (Read 4386 times)

Offline chris solo

• Youngling
  • Smuggler
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Outpost
What are your collecting goals?
« on: June 23, 2003, 09:38 AM »
The way I look at collecting is having a collection inside of a collection. Some people have alot of Star Wars stuff but they specifically try to collect a set of something.

Myself I have alot of figures moc from the different series-just the ones I like. My collections inside of a collection would be trying to get one of every loose vintage figure, all Ep.1 moc, and one of every different R2-D2 card variation that ever came out.

Realistically, what are your immediate goals (not like "I want one of everything"). What is your collecting passion?
Laugh it up fuzzball !!! Bleep, Bleep

Jango Fettish

Re: What are your collecting goals?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2003, 09:49 AM »
I'm trying to build the World's Largest Jango Fett collection..and actually be able to prove it.

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2003, 11:27 AM »
What are my immediate collecting goals? Aside from finding 2003 product at retail?  ::)

I managed to collect almost one of everything during the vintage years. My goal when that line stopped was to go back and get the two or three figures that still elude me. (Blue Snaggletooth, Yak Face, and a dianoga from the Death Star playset.)

Then came the modern era and I stuck to the "one of everything" loose collection formula. Little did I know how ambitious that would be. I never thought we'd be offered truly obscure figures like BoShek or ridiculously scene-specific figures like Emperor's Wrath Vader. I was used to having ONE Chewie and ONE Vader over THREE films, not a seemingly endless variety of resculpts and repaints.

So now I'm into monkets.

Almost any anthropomorphized ape will fit into my monket collection. For example, space monket Pericles from Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes or the monket in a business suit from Playmates The Simpsons "Deep Space Homer" set. I might even pick up the stone monket from Tomb Raider since it's on clearance.

Another sub-collection is the random cantina patron cameo. I would LOVE to see the MTV Movie Awards lampoon the cantina scene someday, but while I wait, I'll do it myself. Lately Homer and Barney from that "Deep Space Homer" set have been sighted bellying up to the bar, and if you watch the back room, you'll see Stitch skittering about, blaster drawn read to rumble.  A couple of Kenner's Aliens figures might start trouble, too.  :o
Post sober.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2003, 01:33 PM »
Some of my collecting goals would be:
Finsih off my Bonus Pit Droid collection (I have all of them but one Obi and I need to repalace a Holo Sidous that got damage in shipping)
Finish of my Bonus Battle Droid Collection( Need about a dozen or so)
And finally starting to catalog my collection so I know what I have and what I need.

Offline Depmode

• Jedi Initiate
  • Utinni!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2003, 01:54 PM »
having fun.
James
DepmodeETS@aol.com
AIM: DepmodeETS
My lego collection: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Depmode

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2003, 03:42 PM »
To find all the super rare, hard to find variations like the "clonetrooper with dark colored sand markings on the back of his left calf in lieu of the lighter colored sand marking" and hoard them all and make a killing on ebay.  Its gold baby, I'm telling you.

Seriously, I don't have any specific goals in mind other than getting one of every regular carded fig to open.  I do buy all vehicles and pick and chose on the deluxe and other lines.

I would like to start a Gamorrean Guard collection (I know, I know - I've been talking about for months now, but it will happen I promise  :-*)

I would also like to add the Lego Star Destroyer, Tantive IV and UCS Xwing to my collection but they're just too damn expensive.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2003, 04:15 PM »
Besides just having fun with my hobby, some of my goals would be finding:

1) Eopie w/ Qui Gon
2) European Pit Droid 2 packs
3) BTVS Spike action figure
4) Anything 2003 at retail

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2003, 04:30 PM »
My goal for the last 7 months has been to finish opening and set up every single one of my figures. Alas, I still have a bunch in the packages, and I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I want to hang the rest of my ships from the ceiling (I already drilled the hooks and everything) ....and when that's done, I'll be pretty close to finished.

THEN...I can worry about what to buy again.
Got Clones?

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Re: What are your collecting goals?
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2003, 04:37 PM »
I'm trying to build the World's Largest Jango Fett collection..and actually be able to prove it.

I don't think anyone is even remotely close to your collection Cory.   8)
dustrho

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2003, 04:42 PM »
I've just recently decided to start focusing on collecting anything Darth Maul.  It's a shame he died pretty easily in EP1, but I've read his book "Shadow Hunter" and the TPB (trade paper back) called "Darth Maul," and he is one bad-ass!  He's absolutely amazing, and I think he's one of the best characters in the Star Wars line.  Yes, there were many figures made of him that a lot of people didn't like, but I'm not one of those people.  I like all the figures that he's been made into.  And like Cory & his Jango Fett collection, I would like to someday have my collection done like his.

That's the main reason why I changed my avatar to Darth Maul.
dustrho

Offline CyberScout

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2003, 04:58 PM »
My goals are to complete my vintage carded biker scout run and and to also complete my vinty loose collection.

When thats done I'll probably take a break for awhile then pick back up where I left off and work on my carded ROTJ collection.

Offline BushiFox

• Youngling
  • Say no to Priority mail.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2003, 07:11 PM »
I've mainly been working on my padme shrine.  :)

Aside from that, I just horde stuff that looks cool.
Optimists believe this is the best of all worlds.  Pessimists fear the same may be true.

Offline Mandalorian Madman

• Youngling
  • He's no good to me at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2003, 07:18 PM »
I used to have a focus...vintage sw.  now, man, it's a beast.  anything and everything that catches my fancy toy-wise.  mcfarlane, kubricks (which is the new insanity...plastic crack), d&d figures, lotr, dune, tron, dragon and bbi military 12'' lines.  been eyeing alot of anime related stuff also like jin-roh, neon genesis, etc.  need...bigger...office.  a.d.d + money = crazy, eclectic mess.  that and I'm addicited to opening things.  my goal would be to get it back under control and narrowed down to a few things so I can actually display everything and look at it without my head hurting.  
« Last Edit: June 23, 2003, 07:22 PM by Mandalorian Madman »
JD

"Open them.  All of them."

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2003, 01:29 PM »
I'm trying to find Yoda and the Younglings now, as well as a bunch of Unleashed figures I foolishly didn't order online, seeing as how not a single store here carries that line anymore.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2003, 01:40 PM »
I've also been a huge Kubrick run lately since I have almost completely finished Vintage, I am caught up and have preordered all that I want Modern SW and Simpsons as well as LOTR, Marvel Legends and MOTU.  So those little Japanese boogers have been my bane

I have the Bounty Hunters, some Marvel and Sesame Street ones.  I still need an early bird set and then Wave 2 (or 3) of SW is coming soon.