Author Topic: Sideshow 12" Princess Leia (A New Hope)  (Read 19471 times)

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Sideshow 12" Princess Leia (A New Hope)
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2007, 07:42 AM »
Mine is set to show up next Wednesday.  I'm surprised we haven't seen any 12" preorders for a while.  I think we only have Kenobi, Padme, and Praji left right now.

Offline Darth Gamboa

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Aren't you a little fat to be a stormtrooper?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2007, 10:37 AM »
I've preordered Palpatine/Sidious and Jango as well, and am debating on the RAH 501st.
...of the Fifth Southside Tactical Marching Squadron

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2007, 07:42 PM »
I missed the pre-order window on this one due to a meeting at work on the Friday it went up for sale. Just found out today that my wait-list request for the Sideshow Exclusive edition came through! woohoo!

I was getting nervous on this one! Hopefully I'll get lucky with that Imperial Officer too - same thing happened to me on that one.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth Gamboa

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 3, 2007, 10:55 AM »
Leia showed up Friday afternoon and i have to say I'm really happy with my purchase. The face sculpt looks a lot better person than the pictures and the hair sculpt which bothered me in the pictures actually works very good her outfit is very simple and I only have one gripe about the hood. The seam is very thick and runs down the middle, and I couldn't get it to sit right on her head.

The big surprise was the blaster rifle. The detail is incredible and the shoulder stock totally extends. I believe the scope is removable too but I haven't tried to yet.

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #49 on: December 5, 2007, 08:59 AM »
I may have to pick this up on the after market. I really did not care for the exclusive so why pay the premium.

Offline Darth Gamboa

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 5, 2007, 10:47 AM »
I may have to pick this up on the after market. I really did not care for the exclusive so why pay the premium.

I know what you mean the binders seem pretty insignificant. But as it turns out, for me, I picked up that RAH Stormie at SWS during the Black Friday sale and I intend to recreate a Leia capture scene using them.

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2007, 01:46 PM »
I thought I'd picked up the Exclusive but apparently not.  Oh well.   I really think the likeness is better in reality though I think the head is a little on the large side for the body and the hands also seem a bit big.  I too dislike the hood... very hard to get it to look "normal".. they could have easily done a better job with it.

All in all, happy with everything but the price...

Jeff
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 5, 2008, 12:55 PM »
Overall, what does everyone think of this Leia figure?  I haven't bought a Sideshow 12" figure since the Bespin Han (just couldn't keep up - financially), but recently preordered the Smuggler Han on BBTS (hopefully that works out).  It got me thinking about trying to just get an "A New Hope" set up of the main characters from this line, if I'm able to afford it.  Anyways, I was thinking about ordering the Leia and I was curious to hear everyone's opinions on this figure.  I thought a set up of Han/Luke/Leia (and maybe, in the future, the droids, Chewie, and Vader) would look kind of nifty.