Author Topic: The Legacy Collection - Vintage Rumor List?  (Read 11991 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: The Legacy Collection - Vintage Rumor List?
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2008, 12:02 AM »
I'd be all over the OT figures.  I'm not a carded collector for the most part these days, EXCEPT for figures on vintage style cards.  I really want these for the asthetics of the carded display - Hasbro can go ahead and rerelease the figures in 2010 on basic cards without the clamshell.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2008, 12:03 AM »
I just hope they make a retro 1978 style card for the TPM figures.  Seeing that lame red card from 99 again would make me all yucky inside.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2008, 12:27 AM »
Man, I can't wait to read the various forums when they announce plans for retro 1978 style card for the TPM figures.  I'm sure all the vintage guys will love seeing these on eBay...    :D

(card courtesy of FFURG)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2008, 12:38 AM »
When's the last time we actually got a figure of Jar Jar on a basic figure card?  2002?  I think the classic vintage card design has some serious appeal.  Prequel or not.

I like the ANH choices.  The TESB choices seem logical, although a bit weighted towards core characters.  No mention of an Emporer though, huh?  That's disappointing.

"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline IshiTib

• Jedi Initiate
  • The actual avatar is my newest figure:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2008, 07:49 AM »
i like this rumor list very much, because i want wicket and more characters, but not as expensive vintage figures >:(
Sorry for my bad English, i am German.

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2008, 08:30 AM »
I believe these was on the Vintage Retro List an long time ago, and probaby will be in the basic line next year because I wouldn't think hasbro will make us pay $12 for an Wicket, heck he wouldn't be worth paying $7 in the basic line. I think these are really basic figures for this/next year

ANH Wave: (including Stormtroopers Han and Luke, & Obi-Wan)
Walrus Man
Death Squad Commander
Jawa

ESB Wave: (including Willrow Hood)
Princess Leia (Hoth Outfit)
Zuckuss
Luke Skywalker (no specifics provided)
Han Solo (no specifics provided)

ROTJ Wave: (including Slave Leia and DS2 Luke)
Emperor's Royal Guard
Wicket
Gammorean Guard
Admiral Ackbar

TPM wave: (including Obi-Wan Kenobi)
Darth Maul
Jar Jar Binks
Queen Amidala (Theed Invasion)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2008, 09:15 AM »
Potentially exciting and yet potentially frightening. I will be disappointed if we get vintage style PT cards.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2008, 09:48 AM »
Until more of the recent Rebelscum rumors actually start coming true...color me skeptical :-X

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2008, 09:58 AM »
Man, I can't wait to read the various forums when they announce plans for retro 1978 style card for the TPM figures.  I'm sure all the vintage guys will love seeing these on eBay...    :D

(card courtesy of FFURG)

They'll probably put TPM figures on TPM cards, or at least I hope so.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2008, 10:01 AM »
If Hasbro decided to have a saga-wide regular line with this logo style and photo cardback, I think it would be nice.  But if they go for a Kenner reproduction card with prequel characters, that seems a little blasphemous  :-\
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2008, 11:14 AM »
Personally, I don't see what the big deal is about packaging.  I'd be fine if all figures came in plastic sleeves. 

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2008, 11:30 AM »
Personally, I don't see what the big deal is about packaging.  I'd be fine if all figures came in plastic sleeves. 
When Hasbro asks for an extra $5 just for said packaging just to rip it open and throw away, that's my only problem.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2008, 11:39 AM »
I can see these being carded like the 25th G.I.Joes.

I could see this being a possibility, with the big success of the 25th Joes this past year+.  If all the rumors of this report line up, I just can't see six waves of $10-$12 figures, in addition to the regular TLC line, and also the Clone Wars line.  Sure, its not like Hasbro doesn't like taking our money, but that's sure a lot of stuff/lines out at once.  Plus, with the figures listed, that's really taking a lot of the "anchor characters" for waves and putting them in this supposedly "vintage" line.

Its hard to say what this will be.  I don't think its the "main", regular line - because in this past week's Q and A, Hasbro said they had Build-A-Droids worked out to the end of 2009.  If these would continue the trend of being on a vintage cardback, they couldn't include those BAD parts.  To be honest, I'd be happy to see all of the figures on this list - but they don't need to be on pseudo-vintage cardbacks with premium pricing.  Putting some of those OT ones on the vintage cardbacks is always great (depending on how high the price goes now), but figures like the "ultimate" Jar Jar, Padme, etc. can just be put into the basic line.  Like its been said many times, that quality is in the basic line fairly regularly at this point anyways.  I do kind of like the big picture cardbacks (like the vintage days), but don't necessarily know how I feel about prequel (or even EU) characters being put on a true vintage cardback.  Like Daigo-Bah said, it seems blasphemous.  Its definitely a nice list (new Ackbar, hopefully new Bespin Han/Hoth Luke, etc.), and I do hope we get all new, "ultimate" versions of all of these characters.  Darth Maul is listed, and I always thought the Evolutions one was pretty good aside from adding ball elbows.  Anyways, I'm definitely interested, and hope that this list of figures turns out to be true if nothing else - even if its just in the basic line.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2008, 11:46 AM »
I personally don't see the big deal in putting prequel figures on a classic style card.  There's nothing sacred about the card.  It's a classic looking Star Wars card.  Would it be a little strange to look at?  Sure.  Other than that, I have no problem with having figures from the entire Saga on a unified looking line of cardbacks.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2008, 01:37 PM »
I don't really have any problems with it either.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!