Author Topic: Sideshow 12" Darth Vader  (Read 37649 times)

Offline Phatty

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • The Imperial Ship Yards
Re: Sideshow 12" Darth Vader
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2008, 11:38 AM »
I'll definitely reserve my judgement until I see the full 360 on it.  However, I'm definitely in on getting this one.  I wonder what it'll go for price wise...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2008, 11:43 AM »
Yeah, I'm curious what the price will be on this one too.  I have a feeling it won't be pretty (especially after that Snake Eyes preview for their Joe line), but we'll see.  From the preview, it looks pretty good, but I look forward to seeing better pics as well.  Like others have mentioned, I'm surprised they didn't make this (and the Stormtrooper) inclusive orders.  I'm not nearly as familiar with all of that as those of you who have been actively collecting this line, but from what I understand that might have been a good idea for characters this popular.

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2008, 01:06 PM »
My guess is $129.99  ::)

Offline Phatty

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • The Imperial Ship Yards
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2008, 05:24 PM »
I just saw some close-ups from SDCC, and I'm very happy with him.  However, I'm sure there are many out there who will pick it apart based on such trivial flaws that the average collector won't ever notice or care.  Like every other Vader ever produced.  I'm still going to have to get this one, and I'm definitely afraid that the $129.99 prediction is an accurate one!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2008, 02:57 PM »
The regular edition of Darth Vader is now up for preorder (the exclusive that goes on sale next week includes a "force choke" hand).  This version is $124.99, shipping 2nd quarter of 2009.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2008, 03:11 PM »
Thanks for the heads up, Brian.  I'm away next week on vacation and the exclusives for both Vader and the stormtrooper aren't that special, so I went ahead and ordered the regular editions of each.

Now I just have to worry about the Obi Wan character key and Lobo for items that go up for sale while I'm away.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2008, 03:14 PM »
Thanks for the heads up, Brian.  I'm away next week on vacation and the exclusives for both Vader and the stormtrooper aren't that special, so I went ahead and ordered the regular editions of each.

Now I just have to worry about the Obi Wan character key and Lobo for items that go up for sale while I'm away.

Yeah, I went ahead and ordered the regular versions as well.  The exclusive versions would be fine, but if I'm honest with myself I won't necessarily display them with those accessories anyways, so I'll be fine having the regular versions on order and not stress about it next week.  I'm glad there is at least some space between the two releases, so it isn't as difficult to afford.  I've gotten Han and Leia via BBTS this week, and I'd really like to continue getting the "core" OT characters if possible.  I figure I just as well preorder them now, and I can always cancel them if it turns out I can't afford them or whatever.  Now I just need to pick up Luke and Obi-Wan at some point.

Back on topic, but looking at the gallery, both of these (Vader/Stormie) look pretty nice to me.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2008, 05:20 PM »
Not a bad price overall for a new, armored figure with nothing from previous figures.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2008, 12:38 PM »
Quick question sort of relating to this...I haven't kept up on this line really until recently when I ordered the ANH Han and Leia from BBTS.  My only order through Sideshow previously was the Bespin Han, so I don't really remember.  What is shipping like for these figures from Sideshow?  I ask because I noticed that BBTS put Vader and Stormtrooper both up for preorder as well, and their prices are $10 and $6 cheaper, respectively.  I didn't know if shipping would even it out or not, but if I can save a little, I might switch my preorders.  Anyways, just wondering if there was any differences.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2008, 01:34 PM »
$7 - $8 for me (from California to Mass via UPS).
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Heart_of_Darkness

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2008, 03:18 PM »
Wow darth Vder is $120 that's a lot of money....

oh well I'll only be able to buy ki adi mundi :(

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2008, 10:17 AM »
I am going to hold off and order Vader on Friday.  I want the 'choke' hand - that's the one I will use.  As for the other two....I might order them from SS or wait and see if I can get them cheaper elsewhere.  I still haven't gotten the Endor 3-pack or any of the Empire guys.  I dunno...I didn't even order the latest Luke.  I am holding out hope for Lando and a Padme in one of her beautiful gowns from AOTC.
Beth

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2008, 08:58 PM »
Just saw Darth Vader at Comic-con and I am impressed with him.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2008, 12:51 AM »
I was able to order the exclusive version at SDCC already (same with the Stormtrooper, RFT, and Medicom Jawa)
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2008, 08:58 PM »
Was that possible? ::)