Author Topic: Sideshow 12" Darth Vader  (Read 37664 times)

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
Re: Sideshow 12" Darth Vader
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2008, 08:27 AM »
I thought it was possible for Attendees to pre-order anything... Lots of my friends pre-ordered the Iron Spiderman there... just like when they did the Stealth Iron Man.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2008, 12:38 AM »
Yeah yopu could order anything you wanted that was on display. I actually thought about the Iron Spider-Man. I got my confirmation e-maILS for the orders i placed. It says i will also get the bonus points.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2008, 12:41 PM »
I'd be tempted if it was ROTS, ESB or ROTJ version. I don't like the ANH costume.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 1, 2008, 01:07 PM »
Just got my Order completed!  Didn't take too long either....  Rinse/Repeat in 2 hrs

Dang!  Missed the trooper... logged in and it took me straight to the wait list!
« Last Edit: August 1, 2008, 03:10 PM by Oboewan »
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 1, 2008, 01:10 PM »
Got mine too. I'm done for the day :)

Offline Theo Zissou

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • My myspace page
« Reply #35 on: August 1, 2008, 01:45 PM »
got my exclusive. wow what a price though. i used what little points i had left(i used points to fully pay for tat luke) still not sure on the storm. i have a medicom trooper i could use. the sideshow display makes you want to have 2 backing up vader. lol

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 1, 2008, 03:55 PM »
They went FAST too! !

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 1, 2008, 05:08 PM »
I forgot today was the order day for these.  Oh well, I wasn't planning on pre-ordering anyway.

Offline Heart_of_Darkness

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 2, 2008, 09:27 PM »
I had to get on wait list... >:(

also could someone explain what sideshow points are for?

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2008, 10:11 PM »
I snuck away with the reservation right before it sold out - can't wait to get my hands on this one!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2008, 10:30 PM »
I had to get on wait list... >:(

also could someone explain what sideshow points are for?

You build up points for every purchase.  The more you spend, the more points you get.  Next time you order, you can use your points to lower the cost.  I think you need like 75ish points just to get a couple bucks off, but if you order 2-3 figs, you can build up enough points to make it worthwhile.

WARNING: I found this out the hard way - save your points for cheaper priced items, not expensive items!  When you use points on an order, you don't collect ANY points for the remaining purchase price.  I used my points on the Clone Wars Obi Wan to save a few bucks, but now I'm not getting any of the points for him and he's worth quite a few.  You're way better off collecting points on the big tickets, then using them on something smaller.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2008, 07:28 AM »
WARNING: I found this out the hard way - save your points for cheaper priced items, not expensive items!  When you use points on an order, you don't collect ANY points for the remaining purchase price.  I used my points on the Clone Wars Obi Wan to save a few bucks, but now I'm not getting any of the points for him and he's worth quite a few.  You're way better off collecting points on the big tickets, then using them on something smaller.

Woah, I had no idea about that... Thanks.

Offline Heart_of_Darkness

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2008, 08:12 PM »

Yeah lol.
And I only have like 150 points so thats not that much i think.

Offline Darth Gamboa

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Aren't you a little fat to be a stormtrooper?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2008, 02:58 PM »

Yeah lol.

Take your points and divide them by 20 and you'll see your discount. Be patient, I'm getting my Rebel Fleet Trooper for $13.78, that's with tax, S&H.
...of the Fifth Southside Tactical Marching Squadron

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2008, 04:48 PM »

Yeah lol.

Take your points and divide them by 20 and you'll see your discount. Be patient, I'm getting my Rebel Fleet Trooper for $13.78, that's with tax, S&H.

The real trick, is that when you DO use your points to partial purchase something, that item becomes INELIGIBLE for the points it would be worth if you hadn't used your points :)
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"