Author Topic: Is the line a Success?  (Read 65888 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Is the line a Success?
« Reply #120 on: September 16, 2008, 10:32 PM »
I knew it'd be a short-lived line, but May-December? That's got to be some kind of record. Not even Mattel screws up their lines so quickly.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #121 on: September 17, 2008, 12:22 AM »
I'm pumped for clearances actually.  Great custom pieces here so I'm at least taking some solice that I'll get a lot of crap for cheap.  I just hope the really good stuff is left.  Irina Spalko's arms and lower body are good pieces to make the grey imperial chick in the comic packs have the proper "Jagdpur" pants Imperial Officers wear.  Her head fits the SW chick's body too.  So does Marion's...  Makes for a couple more chick Imperials if you can find Juno Eclipse bodies cheap.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 17, 2008, 12:24 AM »
Could they please release Toht with the TOD figures.  That would be the nice thing to do Hasbro.  Kids would love melty head figure. 

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #123 on: September 17, 2008, 06:56 AM »
Doesnt surprise me...too bad we couldnt get that last wave.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 17, 2008, 09:17 AM »
This is disappointing, but expected, news if it turns out to be true.  I also didn't think this line would go on for a real long time, but like it was mentioned - May to December?  That's quick.  Its really disappointing that we might not see that next Raiders wave.  Heck, at this point I really don't expect to see the ToD wave (or TLC) at retail here locally.  WM is still packed with the first figures, TRU doesn't seem to care about Indy at this point (hidden in the back of the store), and its been quite some time since Target has had anything new on the pegs.  Like I said before, I'm glad that I ordered the ToD wave online, even if it is pricier.  Hopefully all those preorders will be able to go through.  I'm happy with what we got from this line, but its too bad there are so many great characters (Toht, Brody, Mac, Crystal Skull Marion, Tux Indy, etc.) that we'll be missing out on.  Heck, you could argue that we really didn't get a "definitive" Raiders Indy, due to the wonky heads/paint on those.  I will say though, I continue to check the Indy pegs for anything new (wishful thinking), and I don't think anything moves around here anymore.  It seems to always be the same stuff on the pegs, in the same places - at least for the most part.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 09:18 AM by Brian »

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 17, 2008, 10:06 AM »
Crap.  It's not like we didn't see this coming two months ago when the stores were already backed up with the first 2 waves of figures.  The terrible case assortments available now don't make sense and now finding out that we won't get to the second Raiders wave, which is arguably better than the ToD wave, just sucks.

IMO Hasbro should solicit that RotLA wave as an online exclusive and only in case assortments of 2X each new figure, no repacks.  It would make it more appealing for people to buy by the case from EE or BBTS and those, and other e-tailers, could also split cases and sell sets of the wave. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 17, 2008, 04:19 PM »
Yeah, but that would make sense and you know the kids couldn't access the online stuff as easily and they drive this line.  ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 17, 2008, 07:32 PM »
Only a matter of time till kids can get their hands on a Mutt version of one of these sweet deals.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 17, 2008, 07:51 PM »
I'm guessing this will also mean we won't get that other wave of 12" figures which was supposed to have a Mutt w/ jacket and the Crystal Skull accessory.  I was actually planning on picking that one up.

I don't even want to think about it...it's just depressing.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 18, 2008, 04:20 PM »
Just saw all this today. Hasbro, YOU SUCK. I'll say more once it's official, but I'm pretty disappointed. :'(
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 22, 2008, 09:53 AM »
I guess I should just go ahead and purchase the Mutt w/Motorcycle and Cloth Top Truck from HTS now before those disappear from the site and I can't even get them there. I should probably also pick up a Akator playset at TRU before those disappear too.

I've said this before, but I'll say it again, perhaps this could be passed on to Hasbro...

Put two items up on HTS:
1) a complete set of ROTLA Wave 2 figures
2) a complete set of ROTLA Wave 2 figures w/an extra Toht figure (so people can have a "Melty" Toht to display as well)

Make it well known that this will be the only way to get the figures. Let people pre-order from now until the end of October. When the pre-order period ends, start production on the wave making only a small percentage more figures than the amount you took pre-orders for to account for damaged product/returns/etc...

When you get them from China in the HTS warehouse, charge people's credit cards and ship them their figures.

At this point, the expensive part of this wave is done: sculpting & tooling. Why purposefully NOT release them?

Heck, if packaging is an issue, surely you can package all five figures in a battle-pack-like box and for everyone that orders a set with an extra Toht, just put the second Toht figure in a clear plastic bag.

Even better - to make sure that you sell as many of these as possible, let all of your accounts have the ability to buy these ROTLA "battle packs" by the case and sell them at bulk purchase prices if the account buys 500 sets or more.

*ugh*
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 22, 2008, 01:07 PM »
Wow.  This weekend I've seen well over a dozen Henry Srs. in various Wal-Mart stores, and even more Young Indys.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 22, 2008, 06:53 PM »
I was in a WM today in a small town that I don't get too very often.  They were PACKED with that crappy wave of TLC figures, the one with Indy, Young Indy and Henry along with all the earlier figures.  And I gotta tell you, Hasbro ****** their retail partners on that one.

I actually feel bad for the WM stores that got stuck with what appears to be 4 to 6 cases of that ****** case pack.  This makes it three of the closest WM stores to me that got that case.  All three stores have put up and end cap or one side of a 4-way aisle display and all three are going to be stuck with **** that wasn't moving before they got this stuff in.

There are a lot of times when I feel that Hasbro gets blamed for things beyond their control like store distribution (or lack of it) and web site availability of store exclusives, among other things, but the debacle that the IJ line has become is completely a Hasbro problem, was completely avoidable and, even this late in the game, somewhat fixable. 

I won't accept the argument that kids and collectors didn't come to this line like Hasbro expected.  We're here, Hasbro let us down.

E...

PS - The bright spot today was that I picked up the deluxe RotLA Cairo Thug 2-pack.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #133 on: September 22, 2008, 10:04 PM »
Yeah-We're here and we want to buy.  But there's nothing to pick up.  I still have not seen a Grail Knight or Mutt on bike...

I was very lucky to get Elsa and Vogel at Forbidden Planet in NYC.  But they only had one of each.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #134 on: September 22, 2008, 10:45 PM »
I've yet to get Henry Sr., Elsa, or Vogel myself...  Mutt on Bike, I'd live without.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77