Author Topic: Is the line a Success?  (Read 65871 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Is the line a Success?
« Reply #165 on: November 5, 2008, 03:27 PM »
Not to add fuel to the fire, but on Halloween I saw more Indiana Jones' than Iron Mans (men?) and Hulks combined...

I think the marketing and kids were there, I think the execution was botched...

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 3, 2009, 06:52 PM »
Well after new years and christmas my targets and walmarts are still full of mutt williams figures. People seem to have avoided Indy like th pleague.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 3, 2009, 08:49 PM »
Not that I collect this line, but my WM's are LOADED with clearanced 3 3/4 figs, but Target seems to have been selling out very well.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 8, 2009, 09:18 PM »
My Targets still have tons of indy figures and vehicles at full price. They do have the indy volcano playset and whip in clearance. Walmart still hasn't moved any of their indy figures and they arn't on clearance.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Captain Piet

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #169 on: January 18, 2009, 11:58 AM »
The fact that they apparently ran out of Crystal Skeletons and needed to order more to meet the demand might indicate this line had a modicum of success.
Co-founder and contributor, PhGeek.com
"Dissertations in geek culture"
Podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or http://phgeek.podbean.com/
Like us on Facebook, follow on Twitter @Geekswillrise

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 18, 2009, 03:30 PM »
I think everyone jumped on the $3 and less clearance figures and some may have even decided to try for all 13 Skeleton figures.  Unfortunately, I don't think the success of the mail-in necessarily correlates to the success of the line in general.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 18, 2009, 07:14 PM »
The fact that they apparently ran out of Crystal Skeletons and needed to order more to meet the demand might indicate this line had a modicum of success.

This is obviously due to the increased sales of Mutt figures over the holiday season.  The kids love Mutt, and parents bought Mutt figures for gifts in droves.  The kids are what drive the Indiana Jones line, and the kids' love for clones in Star Wars has spilled over, with some children buying as many as 20 Mutts at once so they can have their own Clone Mutt army!  This is why Hasbro continued to ship Mutt in every single action figure case from the start of the line to the end, you see; because MUTT = SALES.

[/Hasbro delusional thinking]

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 20, 2009, 08:48 AM »
Unless they just relocated the figures to somewhere else, our local WMs and Targets seem to be all but sold out of the Indy stuff shortly after it hit clearance.  Its always tough to tell with WM, as they seem to stick clearance toys about anywhere in the store, but I saw all their figures marked down to $3 and a week and a half later - they were gone.  At Target all I've seen is a couple of the common Adventure Heroes packs, and some of the 12" Mutt Williams figures.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 20, 2009, 09:22 AM »
There's a large group of about 30 Mutt figures that being transplanted from Target to Target around here. I know that these are the same figures due to certain packages being wrecked in a particular way.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 20, 2009, 09:51 PM »
There's a large group of about 30 Mutt figures that being transplanted from Target to Target around here. I know that these are the same figures due to certain packages being wrecked in a particular way.

Hilarious, in a sad sad way. ;D   :-\
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #175 on: January 20, 2009, 10:15 PM »
It's like a game of hot potato.  Nobody wants to be stuck with that ****.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 20, 2009, 10:34 PM »
It will be even funnier when it's the Goodwill stores start shuffling the Mutts. If the financially not-well-off don't want them, that's even worse. Hell, I half expect the garbage man to "forget" those bags of Mutts on trash collection day.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #177 on: January 20, 2009, 10:55 PM »
We've still got random figures on the pegs, but selection is definitely dwindling.  I really had hoped to see some old stock roll out, Russians and Cemetary Warriors, but saw neither.  I'm shocked.  I'm not angry to not get the stuff at this point, and needed to save something anyway since I've spent way too much in the last month on just basically "junk", but yeah I really expected to see more than I saw.  Go figure.

Again though I'm thankful I got a softtop truck cheap, and a couple staff cars cheap.  I feel blessed at that, and that I had a lot of help from various parts of the continent to get my collection 100% complete.  I don't own whipping action Indy, and that's it, nor do I plan to buy one till it's cheaper than $3.  I'll make a Cairo Indy that's 10x better in every way than that figure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 24, 2009, 04:17 PM »
Is there anyone who can pick me up a cheap German with Motorcycle? I kept holding off on getting one for whatever reason and now Indy has vanished from ever store near me. If anyone could pick one up for me (for retail or under) it would be appreciated. :)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 2, 2009, 09:29 AM »
I've been slowly opening stuff up over the past few days, German soldiers, TLC Target pack, Cloth top cargo truck, Salla, Belloq, Grail Knight with more to go. All very decent stuff. I'm a little disappointed that the line wasn't better received.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."