Author Topic: Gamecube Game Boy Player  (Read 3510 times)

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Gamecube Game Boy Player
« on: June 23, 2003, 09:50 PM »
All hail Super Game Boy! :) I loved it on SNES, and it's updated version for the Cube should be pretty cool.

Just saw over at ebworld.com that they have finally been released, but only in Jet Black?? Anyone have any idea if they will be released in Indigo, or Silver? Or whatever other colors Gamecubes are available in?

Its weird, the Official Nintendo Power guide for Donkey Kong Country on GBA has a picture of the "systems" you can play DKC on, it shows the GBA, GBSP and GCGBP, and all in silver. There is also an auction that shows one in Indigo, but the image appears to be taken from some sort of news/online source as its not a photo of the in hand product.
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Gamecube Game Boy Player
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2003, 09:59 PM »
I don't have the Gamecube, but that Player looks like a cool addition to the 'Cube.
dustrho

Offline Gamorrean Jedi

• Youngling
  • a llama bit my sister!
    • View Profile
    • Gamorrean Jedi.com
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2003, 03:15 PM »
well I know I'm looking forward to picking one up tomorrow it should be the best choic for playing metroid and and other dark games ;D
Seen any Star Wars figures lately? I haven't.
This years running of the Bulls score: Bulls 11, Humans 0 :D

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2003, 03:22 PM »
My question is: Why is the damn thing so HUGE? I know the Gamecube is purse-sized, but this thing is the width of the whole console. That's weird considering they've got Gameboy technology smaller than a deck of cards now.
Got Clones?

Offline Gamorrean Jedi

• Youngling
  • a llama bit my sister!
    • View Profile
    • Gamorrean Jedi.com
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2003, 03:48 PM »
well the exspantion port for the GC os on the bottom so they made it a bace for the system I'm shure on the inside it's just as small as the GBAsp
Seen any Star Wars figures lately? I haven't.
This years running of the Bulls score: Bulls 11, Humans 0 :D

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2003, 04:30 PM »
Target has a great deal, buy a Cube get the GBA player for free! :) Im going to go for that deal, and just sell my old Cube (I want a black GC anyway, to match everything else)

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2003, 04:35 PM »
Target has a great deal, buy a Cube get the GBA player for free!  Im going to go for that deal, and just sell my old Cube (I want a black GC anyway, to match everything else)

I don't know if that's a "great" Deal. Weren't they giving away the free games with the gamecube up until this month? So....either way, it's a 49.99 value, right?

I'd wait a month for that thing to drop to 39.99.  Or 29.99 even.
Got Clones?

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2003, 05:12 PM »
Maybe you can hoodwink a stupid employee into giving you both ;) Actually I had completely forgotten about the game pack ins, and was thinking that the ol Cube was still $150 sans extras.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2003, 05:52 PM »
Yeah. I bought my Gamecube when Sunshine came out, only to lose interest in it before Christmas came around.

I sold my Gameboy Advance a few months after I got it, because I just wasn't playing that enough either.

I don't think marrying the two is going to get me anymore excited about my little purple purse.

For me...the last hope for my Gamecube is Mario Kart. I'm really betting my whole system on that one game. If it sucks, I'm selling the stupid thing, because right now it's just collecting dust with my PS2 anyway.
Got Clones?

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2003, 05:58 PM »
I have a GB-ADV and like the games. But I hate how small the screen is. I have been wanting to sell my GBA now I can. I will be buying the GameBoy adapter for my Cube tomorrow at Target. I will probably buy a new GB game also.

JoshEEE - keep your Cube. The new Rouge Squad game that is coming blows away any game the system has thus far.

For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2003, 06:44 PM »
JoshEEE - keep your Cube. The new Rouge Squad game that is coming blows away any game the system has thus far

That's what they say about every Star Wars game to date, and the only two that have lived up to it (IMO) have been the original Rogue Squadron and Shadows of the Empire for the N64.

Everything else has been rather ho-hum, or better on another platform.

I'm hanging onto the cube at least until Mario Kart though. That is my one shining light at the end of the tunnel for this system.

Got Clones?

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2003, 07:49 PM »
Its an aquired taste for many, but have you played either of the Super Monkey Ball games? Quite addicting.

What about Legend of Zelda or Metroid? What kind of games are you in to?

I like the intense hardcore games that you get with XBox or PS2, but its always fun to go back to lighthearted and nostalgic games, not to mention all of the cool rehashed SNES games on GBA right now

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2003, 12:40 PM »
Theres no denying, what I got today, was in fact, a great deal :) Went to Target since they were offering the free GBA player, but instead of picking up a standard GC, I grabbed one with a game prepacked in the box (Smash Brothers). So, I ended up getting a free game and a free GBA player :)

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2003, 10:37 PM »
I hooked my GB-Player up. It works real well. Now I can at least see what is going on, on the screen. A nice addition to the Nintendo family. :)
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2003, 11:26 PM »
I need to get out and get some new GBA games, its been a long while. I want Mario Advance 3, Sonic 2, the two latest Castlevania games, Advance Wars 2, DK Country and a few others. Im totally addicted to this now! :)