Author Topic: EE "Joker Squad" 6-Pack  (Read 114461 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
EE "Joker Squad" 6-Pack
« on: May 26, 2008, 04:39 PM »

"Stay tuned to the Entertainment Earth website for more information on our new 2008 Hasbro Star Wars exclusive! Purchase this item and you will receive 1 box of 6 all-new and different 3 3/4-inch scale action figures with accessories from the Star Wars saga.

$35.99."

Any guesses as to what's in here?

« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 08:51 AM by Jeff »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Entertainment Earth 6-Pack
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 05:13 PM »
Far left figure looks like a redeco of something from the Delta Squadron - Scorch's youngest brother.

Far right looks to be a clone/sandtrooper of sorts.  Tough to call, but armored, probably imperial.

Second from right appears to be a bald, female officer, also probably imperial. 

Second from left is a desert sniper or something like that - long rifle, looks to be a wrapped head.  Something Tatooine-ish. 

Third from left is a sandstorm or Hoth version of something (leaning more to the former), Han or Luke, whatever isn't released yet.  That would lend credence to the second figure as a sandtrooper of sorts. 

Third from right is a black Bespin security guard. 

They'll call it the Fan's Choice Hodge-Podge. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 06:40 PM »
My guess is six more figures based around The Force Unleashed video game.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 07:57 PM »
I hope it is something cool. I would think they would want something revolving around the Clone Wars not Force Unleashed.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 08:06 PM »
Yeah, I'll most likely pass on this, whatever it is. Would it have killed them to at least release a small tidbit of info about what we could be getting?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 09:05 PM »

Second from left is a desert sniper or something like that - long rifle, looks to be a wrapped head.  Something Tatooine-ish. 

I'm seeing a lightsaber in the hand of the 3rd from left woman rather than a sniper rifle in the second from left's hand.  I do love the idea of a Bespin Guard though, because that sure does look like it could be that type of hat!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 09:24 PM »
Second from right appears to be a bald, female officer, also probably imperial. 

The body is wearing armor of some type and I think the far right figure is an Evo Trooper silhouette.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 12:00 AM »
IIRC, in the past EE has used silhouettes of older figures that were unrelated to the multipacks in their advertisements.  It seemed like they were trying to throw people off the scent.  This might be the case here, too. 

I'm sure Adam Pawlus will turn up sooner or later to say something about this.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008, 12:39 AM »
In any case, the site that posted it seems pretty cool... the message boards are definitely worth a peek.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2008, 01:48 AM »
Yeah I don't think the silhouettes mean much for speculation.

I dunno, at this point not much is entertaining me with Star Wars.  These had better be nifty to get my dough I think.  I'm already thinking I'm gonna pass on things like the Mygeeto battlepack and such.  I was planning on getting those, but now I look around and figure, "why?", to myself.  I made an SA Bacarra , and I guess maybe time's catching up with me on this hobby.

Love what they do with new stuff, but a lot of the repainting they get to disappoints.

Last year's EE exclusive was cool to me for the most part, but there were little things that sucked to it too, like the lacking articulation on the arms of 2 of the characters, the sort of silly black ARC and bantha skull Clones (they're ok, but sorta meh too, at the same time).

I dunno...  The droids were more interesting I suppose, but we're getting lots of droids this year too, so I'm just not cartwheeling on the announcement of another set.  At least it's just one set this time though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2008, 07:44 AM »
I'm guessing its either a CW or TFU related pack.  Makes more sense to build excitement over those.  I'll probably pick up two of whatever is because I'm an addict...unless they are clone wars animated figures.  I'm still trying to not buy those, so if these are of the same ilk, I may be able to save $80. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2008, 09:14 AM »
Now that's bold, selling 6 figures without any clue as to who they are, what they look like or where they come from. What's that say about us who buys them sight unseen?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2008, 11:15 AM »
Not that these silo's mean much because we should all remember the last one had the Cantina Han as a silo.  But none the less it's kinda fun to play guess the figure.  That being said starting from left to right:

Repub Comm
unknown-but looks like a hood might be Nilius, spelling?
Comic Bultar Swann-check the wing blown hair
probably Pilot Biggs/somebody using the Dutch body.  check the hose on the right side and they all came with the "Rebel" blaster
stormie minus helmet, the little square dealy thing on the right hip is a give away.
and of course the Evo trooper, backpack and shoulder armor gives him away.

Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2008, 11:34 AM »

I'm seeing a lightsaber in the hand of the 3rd from left woman rather than a sniper rifle in the second from left's hand. 

You mean like the first McQuarrie Stormtrooper lightsaber?  Yeah, I can see that. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2008, 01:56 PM »
Well, I was thinking a flare silhouette more like this (though perhaps turned slightly):

Than like this (which seems too full to be that EE pic):

But like others have mentioned, it may be a moot point if they've been known to use old existing photos!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke