Author Topic: EE "Joker Squad" 6-Pack  (Read 114462 times)

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
Re: Entertainment Earth 6-Pack
« Reply #150 on: June 10, 2008, 12:49 PM »
Adam, I have a question for you:

Why only one pack this year? All of your past exclusives had 2 different deco packs. Was it a production capacity issue from Hasbro with the CW stuff coming or EE just scaling back with a soft economy to play it safe?

Just curious.

The nature of this set and the tooling used didn't really lend itself to a variant.  (That and Battle Damage probably wouldn't have been too exciting for these figures.) There's also a good amount of new, character-specific tooling here.  The Star Wars line in 2008-- well, after July-- will be anything BUT soft, as there's a lot of great stuff coming out for fans to buy in he mid- to high-end toy arena.   Once you see what the exclusive is, if you like it, you'll probably immediately see why two different deco packs probably wouldn't have been too great for fans.  I usually like to say "more is better" but in this case, what comes in the box will be a good selection.

If you look at the web site, we're doing a decent amount of exclusives this year-- Funko, Round 5, Diamond Select, Bif Bang Pow, Acme Archives, other stuff I'm not yet at liberty to announce, and so on.   I think we're actually probably doing more exclusive products in 2008 than any previous year I've been at the company, it's just with a big range of stuff and not all Star Wars.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #151 on: June 10, 2008, 03:10 PM »
Got it.
Thanks for the response. I look forward to it as I have purchased your exclusives every year and have always been happy with them. I already ordered two sets last week, when do we get the one teaser figure image before SDCC?
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 10, 2008, 05:15 PM »
Hmmm, character-specific tooling and lack of battle damage.  So droids are out, and likely no pilots either?  Would all female characters make sense?  Battle damage wouldn't work with female characters.  Going by the teaser image, you could probably eliminate the troopers and maybe pilot as contenders then.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 10, 2008, 05:47 PM »
Got it.
Thanks for the response. I look forward to it as I have purchased your exclusives every year and have always been happy with them. I already ordered two sets last week, when do we get the one teaser figure image before SDCC?

The teaser image is in the shadows-- we just don't tell you which one it is.   Any guesses at this point are kinda on your own, unfortunately.

Hmmm, character-specific tooling and lack of battle damage.  So droids are out, and likely no pilots either?  Would all female characters make sense?  Battle damage wouldn't work with female characters.  Going by the teaser image, you could probably eliminate the troopers and maybe pilot as contenders then.

Anything can be battle-damaged.  A figure's armor can be redecorated quite easily, soft goods can be torn, droids can have energy blasts (I had an idea sketched out to do painted-on energy damage on a figure like what they did with Transformers Universe a few years ago), pilots have all sorts of smudges on the helmets and/or dirty flight suits.  There are lots of interesting ways to paint the chest control unit thing to make it look like it got blasted.   It's just that battle-damage deco isn't always compelling, especially if clean and dirty versions are sold side-by-side.  I don't think people would have been particularly pleased to have had the Republic Elite Forces come out in standard and dirty/damaged versions all at once, for example.  But maybe they would-- variety is nice to have.

I'd loooooove to see some battle-damaged astromech and protocol droids some day...
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 18, 2008, 12:07 PM »
So can we expect some sneak-peek images of this set as we creep towards SDCC Adam?  That's what we had last year with the Mandalorians.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 18, 2008, 03:27 PM »
So can we expect some sneak-peek images of this set as we creep towards SDCC Adam?  That's what we had last year with the Mandalorians.

From the sounds of it, showing one of them will pretty much give up who the rest are in the set.
That makes me strongly believe these are pilots of some sort.

Someone mentioned Rogue Squadron. That would be cool. Make those that have not been done before. or make Hoth pilots when only the X-wing pilot uniform of a character has been made before and vice versa.

I think it would be nice to see actual MOVIE characters made instead of the EU pilots we are already getting in the EVO set. (Though I wouldn't mind Wraith squadron.)
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 19, 2008, 09:27 AM »
Someone observed that the question mark is on the Brasso silhouette. Could that be the hint?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 19, 2008, 10:01 AM »

Anything can be battle-damaged.  A figure's armor can be redecorated quite easily, soft goods can be torn, droids can have energy blasts (I had an idea sketched out to do painted-on energy damage on a figure like what they did with Transformers Universe a few years ago), pilots have all sorts of smudges on the helmets and/or dirty flight suits. 

Yeah, that's what I was getting at!  You mentioned in an earlier post that "battle damage wouldn't have been too exciting" for this set, so I was speculating about which characters wouldn't be in this set based on that criterion.  Troopers usually look better with battle damage, as do droids.  So I was saying that troopers and droids are probably out of the line-up for this set.  Pilots maybe, since like you suggested, can have some battle damage.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 10:02 AM by Daigo-Bah »
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #158 on: July 24, 2008, 10:37 AM »
Someone at RS was able to see the shelf tag in the display case...it said Joker Squad...must be trying to capture the success of the summer's biggest hit

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #159 on: July 24, 2008, 10:51 AM »
No surprise there if it's true. The B-wing looks better than anticipated, I like the pilot with scars. Something the Mando heads should have had.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 24, 2008, 11:55 AM »
Joker squad eh?
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Jokers.jpg
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 24, 2008, 11:58 AM »
Ahhhh.  It's a Dark Horse Legacy themed pack.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 11:59 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #162 on: July 24, 2008, 12:30 PM »

Oh...those Jokers...I have no idea who those guys are...and I have enough Stormies, easy pass

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 24, 2008, 12:32 PM »
Well, that's an easy one for Hasbro to crank out...

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 24, 2008, 12:35 PM »
is the one with the rocket launcher a female?
I guess that would be kinda cool to get.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D: