Author Topic: EE "Joker Squad" 6-Pack  (Read 114465 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: Entertainment Earth 6-Pack
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2008, 03:27 PM »
Read his first post again.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2008, 03:49 PM »
So we are getting a box of droids...
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2008, 03:58 PM »

Droids is what I'm guessing he's hinting... but that could mean just about anything... so what's really been revealed?  Yeah, there's a big "droid factory" theme this year, so I suppose it makes sense to do more droids, but I hope it's not astromech related again... I really don't want to see more astro droids at all... 

I do want more droids however, but am more interested in the KOTOR type models... maybe we'll get lucky and see some new sculpts thrown in here. 

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2008, 04:27 PM »

Droids is what I'm guessing he's hinting... but that could mean just about anything... so what's really been revealed?  Yeah, there's a big "droid factory" theme this year, so I suppose it makes sense to do more droids, but I hope it's not astromech related again... I really don't want to see more astro droids at all... 

I do want more droids however, but am more interested in the KOTOR type models... maybe we'll get lucky and see some new sculpts thrown in here. 

I was specifically referring to the original poster's comment that in our previous 2006 exclusive, "droids aren't a theme."  I say Droids are a theme.   YMMV.   Droids may or may not be in this set-- I'm not at liberty to discuss specifics.   Sorry if I wasn't clear earlier, I was just responding to the poster.

...but yeah, no KOTOR.  Not a big fan.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2008, 06:57 PM »
Hmmmm  I do remember that in Q&A Hasbro stated we'd be getting E3PO, U3PO and something else.  Most of us probably assumed it would be within this build a droid that comes with the figures, but perhaps these might be them.  A series of protocal driods.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2008, 08:54 PM »
A boxed set of protocol droids would be pretty dull, especially in light of this year's offerings.   E-3PO and U-3PO are both pretty similar to previous releases, so while I personally wouldn't hate seeing them, it wouldn't make for a thrilling boxed set.  Not to poo-poo it, but it doesn't strike me as something collectors, kids, or casual fans would jump on with any sort of fanatical rage.   (And I *love* this stuff.)  Hopefully the final product will tickle your fancy, it's plenty neat.
--AP

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2008, 08:59 PM »
Hasbro confirmed that E-3PO will be offered up as a Droid Factory build-a-figure.

I would say that we're most likely looking at a Clone Wars themed box set.  Especially with a September release date.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2008, 10:00 PM »
Adam, can you at least specify if it's OT, PT, or EU (or a combo)?  I'm getting so sick of the lack of OT lately!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2008, 10:40 PM »
Adam, can you at least specify if it's OT, PT, or EU (or a combo)?  I'm getting so sick of the lack of OT lately!

...and can you verify that these match existing 3 & 3/4" figure styles?  Want to make sure these are not Clone Wars Animated figures before ordering.  Thanks!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2008, 11:18 PM »

I was specifically referring to the original poster's comment that in our previous 2006 exclusive, "droids aren't a theme."  I say Droids are a theme.   YMMV.   Droids may or may not be in this set-- I'm not at liberty to discuss specifics.   Sorry if I wasn't clear earlier, I was just responding to the poster.

I know you can't go into details... but please tell me it's FORCE UNLEASHED stuff, with a Shaak Ti?   :-*

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2008, 12:36 AM »
...and can you verify that these match existing 3 & 3/4" figure styles?  Want to make sure these are not Clone Wars Animated figures before ordering.  Thanks!

That I can verify.  These are not animated-style figures.   As far as I know Hasbro will be limiting that style to Clone Wars for the immediate future.
--AP

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2008, 02:41 AM »

I don't think I was very clear then in my post with my point...

The point of a "theme" to me is maybe better phrased as a "cohesive story".  The astromechs are indeed all droids, and one could stretch their relation to include their manufacturing by the same company, but like my post noted, they're all from separate movies/timelines.

So what I was trying to ask I guess, will these characters all be part of one storyline, like the Mando/Clone sets last year (which I dug how the "story" tied them all together in the set)?  Be it a storyline made up by Hasbro/whoever, or EU, or the films...  I'm just curious if it's like last year's sets with the story then.

I hope that clarifies the question a bit.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2008, 09:26 AM »
I'm enjoying reading everyone go nuts trying to figure anything out about this set. ;D
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2008, 10:12 AM »
Yeah, it's been interesting.  Personally I hate it when company's do this crap.  Just say what the damn product is.  Ughh! 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2008, 10:27 AM »
Yep... and wouldn't it be to their benefit to reveal what it is regarding pre-orders so they don't end up with having them on back order again like they did with the Mando sets?  Maybe it will be revealed at Comic Con at least.