Author Topic: EE "Joker Squad" 6-Pack  (Read 114453 times)

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
Re: EE "Joker Squad" 6-Pack
« Reply #210 on: March 5, 2009, 06:56 PM »
They're finally here! 
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS87923

I just got mine.  Interestingly, there's slightly better than I expected-- there's more to them than initially proposed.

I should note that the human heads for the Stormtroopers are GREAT.  They're molded in a good flesh color that isn't translucent (like the PX Crimson Empire heads), so you should like these.  I do.  The exception is Jes Gistang, more below.  (She still looks good.)  And the holsters still don't work, just like the recent Han/Luke figures.

DARTH MALEVAL
WOW.  Includes lightsaber (new!), a whip (can be broken apart), and removable robe with wire around the neck and the base that drags on the floor.  As hoods go, this one is easier to position and isn't too huge that you can't make it look decent.  The whip splits in two, so there's a knotted piece of string inside the grip rather than hanging out of the bottom.   This is the best figure in the set.  One of my recent favorites, period, but I'm a sucker for Legacy too.

JES GISTANG
Her head was molded in flesh color, but her face was painted over and given make-up.  She looks a little more doll-like, but it's a very expressive face.  Helmet's a little snug, body seems to be either 100% new or just new except for the legs.  She has a 2008 copyright on the legs, the rest are 2005.   Her giant gun is indeed a reuse of an older G.I. Joe weapon.  I approve.  Does not have a holster.

SGT. HARKAS
Usual body, new head, AOTC-ish (movie/Gentle Giant) colored stripes.   Helmet is VERY snug, but that's just as well because as far as I can tell we never saw him with his helmet in the comics. 

HONDO KARR
Usual male body, new head. Blaster, GI Joe 25th Anniversary Cobra Trooper knife (you're welcome), Stormtrooper helmet.  While he does look a little like Luke, I should point out it's NOT the same head and he totally has a mullet.  The hair goes down long enough to stick out of the back of the helmet, which you will either find obnoxious or delightful.  I think it's awesome.   He will cutchoo, man.

VOX POTORR
It's a bald trooper.  It looks good but it's basically a bald trooper.  So the helmet fits just fine, and I'm not 100% sure if it is or isn't a repainted Basso head.  Even if it is, it looks perfect.

ANSON TRASK
Bowl haircut looks like Skafish from some shots.   Basically looks like the guy from the comic-- helmet fits perfectly.

GENERAL COMMENTS
- The 4 male troopers have white plastic holsters for the blasters.  The weapons don't really fit, so it's just like the rest of the figures based on this body type.
- All troopers have a Stormtrooper blaster, the same size we've seen since about 2001 with mini Bespin Leia.
- It's a big box of stormtroopers with some new tooling and a (as far as I can tell) completely new Sith Lord.
- And yeah, I work at EE and am totally biased.

So yeah, there you go.  It be out, finally.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 5, 2009, 07:33 PM »
It's out?  Wow.  Totally forgot about this set.  Thanks for the input AP.   :)

Going to have to dig something else off your site to get the $15 off it seems.  02/28 exp?  I just got this mailer a few weeks ago....oh well   :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 5, 2009, 07:54 PM »
There's a free shipping offer which may be good if you plan to go in on an order with anyone... just sayin'.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 5, 2009, 10:00 PM »
What does one have to spend to get the free shipping?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #214 on: March 5, 2009, 10:01 PM »
A Hundo
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 5, 2009, 10:06 PM »
Thanks. 

Paging Paul... any interest in a split order?  I'm up to $66 so far (check your email).
« Last Edit: March 5, 2009, 10:06 PM by Rob »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 6, 2009, 09:15 AM »
Cool! Thanks for the heads up, Adam.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 7, 2009, 09:31 PM »
Has anyone actually received theirs other than Adam?  I placed my order pretty early, but it still just shows as processing on the site, despite having been in stock for days now.   :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 7, 2009, 10:30 PM »
Cool pack the action figures could serve as clasic stormies because they arenīt depicted with the same knee plate on both knees.

the main diferences between classic stormie was the same plate in both knees and the shoes white soles.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 8, 2009, 10:50 AM »
It's a bummer that the main office moved. I'm used to getting notification as soon as they come in and then running over there to pick my order up.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 8, 2009, 01:32 PM »
Does anyone know how long the free shipping thing lasts?  I was hoping to push my order until later in the week but don't want to miss out.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #221 on: March 8, 2009, 01:38 PM »
March 31
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 8, 2009, 02:54 PM »
Cool thanks. 

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 11, 2009, 02:33 PM »
Anyone get these yet or even notice that they are shipping?  It's been "in-stock" for a week now, and my order is still marked as "processing."  Card was charged a week ago, so this is pretty dissapointing.   >:(
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #224 on: March 11, 2009, 02:57 PM »
According to the tracking number, my set is someplace between New Berlin, WI and St. Paul, MN.  Should be here on Friday/Saturday.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender