Author Topic: EE "Joker Squad" 6-Pack  (Read 114450 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: EE "Joker Squad" 6-Pack
« Reply #225 on: March 11, 2009, 06:02 PM »
I don't order from EE that much, but does anyone know if the free shipping would work for this set and a pre-order item?  I need me my w5 Joe vehicles, but they're not in yet.  Can't see anything else at EE that I'm interested in at the moment.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #226 on: March 11, 2009, 06:17 PM »
does anyone know if the free shipping would work for this set and a pre-order item? 

Nope...

Details: Offer valid on new orders placed from the Entertainment Earth web site between March 4, 2009 and March 31, 2009. Order must total $99 before shipping and tax and must include at least $99 worth of qualifying in-stock merchandise. Free Shipping credit applied to Super Saver USPS Parcel Select shipping only. Valid only to deliveries in the United States. Free Shipping credit does not apply to pre-order items, pre-order items will be charged standard shipping rates. Standard shipping time estimated to be between 9-12 business days. No backorders or rainchecks will be issued for this offer. Not applicable to previously purchased merchandise. This offer does not apply to EE Distribution orders. This offer cannot be used with any other offer. Offer may be modified or cancelled at any time. Offer not valid on phone orders.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 11, 2009, 06:54 PM »
crap.  Guess I'll have to order the set from another site then.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #228 on: March 11, 2009, 09:38 PM »
Just got notice that my order has shipped.  8)

Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 12, 2009, 12:07 PM »
Got mine and opened it up yesterday. It's a nice set, but I have to say that it bugs me that none of the helmets are designed to fit.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 12, 2009, 12:27 PM »
I got my shipping notice yesterday evening.  Can't wait for this thing to arrive!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 12, 2009, 05:17 PM »
My set was dropped off last night at my house. I opened the box from EE, but haven't open the toy yet. Going to do that tonight when I get home.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 13, 2009, 06:23 PM »
We had some requests for people wanting a discount on a case, so now we got one.   $219.94 for 6 sets, save $20.  Plus there's free shipping still. 

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS87923A
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 13, 2009, 06:57 PM »
We had some requests for people wanting a discount on a case, so now we got one.   $219.94 for 6 sets, save $20.  Plus there's free shipping still. 

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS87923A

Ouch.  That would have been helpful back in September for the MN contingent.   :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 14, 2009, 03:26 PM »
Anyone get these yet or even notice that they are shipping?  It's been "in-stock" for a week now, and my order is still marked as "processing."  Card was charged a week ago, so this is pretty dissapointing.   >:(

Same situation here.  My card was charged on 03/07/2009, and I have yet to receive any kind of shipping notification whatsoever.  It's been sitting on "Processing" since the set was listed as "In Stock" last week, so I'm getting slightly irritated and/or worried myself.   :-\

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #235 on: March 14, 2009, 08:40 PM »
Question for Adam: I've seen a few in hand pics of this now. Why the changes for Darth Maleval's lightwhip from the blue to the black string? Are there plans to correct it to match the original pic or is the black string the final product.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #236 on: March 15, 2009, 01:02 AM »
At Toy Fair, someone with better eyes than me (I really can't remember who as it's all sort of a blur now) noticed that the updated "final product" pic that they showed in the presentation had the whip changed to the black string version.  When he asked them about it in the showroom tour, one of the Hasbro guys (again, can't remember who) said the change was made to accomodate the cost of adding the Sith's lightsaber to the set.

Also, they said the "string" portion was designed to be removable (the string plugs into the hilt like a lightsaber blade) so customizing a poseable "lightwhip" with colored string should be easy if you can find a bit of colored/coated wire to stick in the hilt.  ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 17, 2009, 11:08 PM »
Ok - got my set today.

Anyone find a great substitute for the dark-light-whip?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Satria Libra

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 17, 2009, 11:18 PM »
Got mine and opened it up yesterday. It's a nice set, but I have to say that it bugs me that none of the helmets are designed to fit.

Is the helmet too loose? or to tight?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #239 on: March 17, 2009, 11:46 PM »
I'm going to wager it's too tight...  Adam Pawlus mentioned one figure's being too tight to fit, but I'd guess the helmets are almost all re-used from other figures (most likely the removable helmet Stormtrooper we got in the last couple years there).

That helmet's designed to fit a small, smooth-headed, cowl wearing character...  Some of Joker Squad, if not most, seem to have a boofant of hair...  That's a problem if the helmet's not made to fit all that bulky hair-did.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77