Author Topic: Fracture!!  (Read 2627 times)

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Fracture!!
« on: May 28, 2008, 11:53 AM »
Lucas arts new game!

Jim ward thinks terrain deformation is brilliant!

Looks to be a great new shooter from Lucasarts
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 12:38 PM by Smartypants1635 »

Offline bamaker

• Youngling
  • Hey, look at this...
    • View Profile
Re: Fracture!!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 12:15 PM »
Link?

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 12:38 PM »
shoot bad link It's fixed, the first video was what i was linking too but oh well.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 08:08 PM »
Impressive!  I like how they have Dale Dye consulting on the gameplay features.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 09:14 PM »
Looks cool.  Now I just need to buy my flat screen and PS3.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 01:29 AM »
I'm personally hoping it comes out on PC. TFU is but not for another 3 months after the initial launch
I think I'll get that on my xbox.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 08:47 AM »
It's multiplayer enabled. I hope that means XBOX LIVE. If so then I'll get this game. If not then I'll wait 6 months and pick it up for $30 or less.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2008, 09:54 AM »
The terrain deformation is pretty cool except it makes the ground look like your running on jell-o. It also looks like if I throw a bomb I get a hill created in front of me. Why is it always a hill? Isn't there any kind of underlining geologic structure where if I throw a bomb, it will make the area that I'm standing on cave in? That would make it risky to throw a bomb it the ground might colapse below your feet and you fall five hundred feet into a cavern.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2008, 10:58 AM »
Check the video again. There are vortex sinkholes, as well it looks like in the video you can make a hill with one type of "grenade" then with another make it collapse on itself. Also there is another one that makes the ground come up in a big column.

So I'd have to yes, there are other type of weapons that terraform in different ways, other than a hill.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2008, 12:02 PM »
So these are not regular weapons. There is no chance that throwing on one these grenades will possibly kill you by doing something you weren't expecting? It seems like it would be more fun if there was somekind of risk here. For example, I need to make a hill to hide behind. I throw a hill building grenade. It creates the hill but it took the dirt from the place I'm standing to make the hill.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2008, 12:23 PM »
So these are not regular weapons. There is no chance that throwing on one these grenades will possibly kill you by doing something you weren't expecting? It seems like it would be more fun if there was somekind of risk here. For example, I need to make a hill to hide behind. I throw a hill building grenade. It creates the hill but it took the dirt from the place I'm standing to make the hill.

They don't necessarily show that of the payer, but it does affect AIs as well as buildings and equipment. I'd imagine if you throw a grenade at your feet you'll get messed up.

I think I'll wait for the reviews to come out to decide when I'm going to buy this. I'm not much for buying games on first day of release (with a scant few exceptions). For the most part, I'm happy with waiting a few months and getting them for half price or less.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2008, 03:11 PM »
It's multiplayer enabled. I hope that means XBOX LIVE. If so then I'll get this game. If not then I'll wait 6 months and pick it up for $30 or less.

It is Multiplayer enabled. I read a review on IGN when some of the guys got to play the deathmatches. They said that the grenades get way over the top early in the game if your a new player. After they played a few they started using them for strategy. They also said the smaller maps need less grenades because you destroy the map in 1 minute if there's too many. There is a totally open field map that is straight across just a couple of trees and rocks. This is the map they said that really brought the grenades to life allowing them to make the map how they wanted.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2008, 01:06 PM »
New Site is up! Got some really cool features

Fracture

Still No PC Announcement. I'm getting tired of companies traditionally being a PC developer, not releasing on PC. One of LA's staff said that they new that most People who play PC games play MMO's and RTS or TBS. BUT the guys out there that shell out 900 or more on a custom built(IE they build it at home) PC Can handle games like Crysis that the Xbox and PS3 can't even handle.

TFU is rumored to be coming for PC and I sure hope fracture does too
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 01:40 PM by Smartypants1635 »