Author Topic: Indiana Jones Peg Warmers?  (Read 6654 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Indiana Jones Peg Warmers?
« on: May 29, 2008, 04:38 PM »
Yeah, it's early, but I like starting these. 

I hadn't seen all that much lying around for tremendous periods of time but when I went out today, I was sort of amazed to see one thing at each and every store and each store had lots of them too:

Deluxe Indiana Jones and Ark. 

Honestly, I thought this would be a top seller because it's a good Indy figure with a pretty much madatory accessory to collect.  Can't not have the Ark or this version of Indy because they were both in the vintage line.  And the Indy figure is one of the best facial paint jobs I've come across consistently. 

Aside from that there's no shortage of vehicles up here either and lots of both versions of Mutt to be found.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Indiana Jones Peg Warmers?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 05:29 PM »
Biggest basic figure pegwarmer - Mutt with snake

Biggest deluxe pegwarmer - Indy w/ Ark

The vehicles sell damn fast around these parts. 

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 06:35 PM »
It's a little early but I've been seeing a lot of Cairo Swordsmen and Mutts w/Snakes. I'm also surprised by how easy it's been to find German 2pks but I would call it a pegwarmer just yet.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 07:21 PM »
It's REALLY been hard to determine pegwarmers because each store has a different sized selection of Indy. Wal-Mart has pretty much everything, TRU nothing, and Target is in between. I'll have a definate answer in about a month or once Wave 3 hits.

Basic - Belloq

Deluxe - Indy with Ark, Indy with Idol Trap, Vine swinging Indy

12 inch - Everything

Everything not in the 3.75 inch line (Potato Head, FX Whip, etc.) is actually selling well, much to my surprise.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 08:43 PM »
Basic Figures
Belloq
Monkey Man
Cairo Swordsman
German Soldier
Mutt w/ Snake
Mutt w/ Sword
Indy w/ RPG

Deluxe
German Soldier 2-Pack
Marion & Cairo Swordsman
Indy w/ Ark

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 09:23 PM »
For basic figures, I see more Raiders figures of all kinds than Kingdom figures...  For Kingdom figures I see Mutt Williams around the most though, and probably more than any Raiders figure.

For Deluxe, I see Marion/Arab, German 2-pack (go figure), and lately I too see Indy w/Ark but that was after many reshipments it seems.

I see NO vehicles in the $20 line anywhere, and no German w/Motorcycles.  I also see very few of the trap or Indy/horse, and I see no Russian soldiers and few Dovchenko figures.  Cemetary warrior is equally tough to grab here.

I think as a limited line, Indy can work.  I think as a movie blitz though, it's time is short.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 10:54 PM »
I just got back from Target...it was pretty much enough whip action Indys and Cairo Swordsmen to fill up Hangar 51. Yikes. :-\
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2008, 11:54 PM »
Mutt w/snake. Also, the only basic I don't have yet.

The Deluxes sell pretty fast around here, but I do see Indy w/ark more than the others.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2008, 09:50 AM »
Aside from the vehicles, it doesn't seem like anything is too difficult to find right now.  At the beginning, the deluxes (Indy w/horse and Germans w/motorcycle) were nowhere to be found - but I've seen them a few times the past couple weeks.  Our local Target actually was stocked to the gills with basic, deluxe, and Adventure Heroes yesterday when I stopped there - and had 2-3 each of the aforementioned deluxe packs.

As far as overall pegwarmers, I think I'd offer the same ones mentioned.  For deluxe, it seems to be (somewhat surprisingly) the Indy w/Ark figure, although most of the others aren't too tough to find either.  For the basic line, probably Mutt Williams (the shirt one in particular) although none have been too overly difficult to grab.  I'd say that Marion, Irina, and the Cemetary Warrior seem to be the most difficult to find.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2008, 09:45 PM »
Basic Figures
Belloq
Monkey Man
Cairo Swordsman
German Soldier
Mutt w/ Snake
Mutt w/ Sword
Indy w/ RPG

Deluxe
German Soldier 2-Pack
Marion & Cairo Swordsman
Indy w/ Ark

Around here, it's pretty much the same story except also throw in Whip Cracking Cairo Indy.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 2, 2008, 09:30 AM »
When I check out the Indy stuff, Mutt (both versions) is the figure I see most of, that and the deluxe German w/ motorcycle.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #11 on: June 2, 2008, 10:11 AM »
Ugha Warrior and the German Deluxe figure with Bike
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #12 on: June 2, 2008, 08:04 PM »
Well, considering today is only the 1 month anniversery, I wouldn't count anything as a "pegwarmer."

Endor 3PO on the Saga Card, or VOTC Endor Leia...now those are pegwarmers!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 2, 2008, 08:15 PM »
I would say both "Mutt"s are the dogs of this line...

And you guys are seeing Germans on bikes peg warm?  I guess it is regional.  The most seen deluxe for me are the two playset/gimick ones.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 3, 2008, 12:03 AM »
I was down throuh PA this weekend for Wizard World so I hit some stores there, in Binghamton and here in Ithaca. Plus I was in Elmira a week ago.  The figure I see the most often are the two Mutt figures with the jacket figure seeming to sell faster.

Depending on stores/locatsion, there are always Indy figures on the pegs but they're different versions at different stores. 

Honestly, I don't think any one figure stands out as a bona fide peg warmer yet but if I had to pick one, it'll be that jacketless Mutt.

One thing, I don't think there was quite as big of a rush on the figures after the movie opening as I was hoping for.  They're selling, but they aren't blowing out the door.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"