Author Topic: Hello from Theo Zissou :)  (Read 2706 times)

Offline Theo Zissou

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • My myspace page
Hello from Theo Zissou :)
« on: May 29, 2008, 08:33 PM »
Hello there jedi defenders. some of you might know me if your ever at the yakface forums. I mainly only posted over there about my star wars collecting for the past 2 years. They are having a little downtime right now so i thought i'd see what you guys were up to over here.

I collect the basic figures. I used to keep most of my stuff carded, but i've gone complete opener now. I've been collecting most of the sideshow 12" figures. I'm trying to even it up between those and the animated statues from GG now. and like alot of star wars collecters i've started to get the new indy stuff.

:)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Hello from Theo Zissou :)
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 09:25 PM »
Hey Theo...

Welcome to the site first, but welcome to the world of opening figures second and more importantly.  It's liberating, it saves space...  Turn your plastic into the recycler along with the cardboard backs and it's even somewhat rewarding.

Anyway, welcome aboard JD...  things are going pretty good even for a slowdown period in the hobby, so that's positive.  A good sign to the hobby's life, even as us old timers sort of lose interest in the line here and there.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 01:35 AM »
Welcome Theo, make yourself at home!

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 02:03 PM »
Welcome to JD!

I collect the basic figures. I used to keep most of my stuff carded, but i've gone complete opener now.

Same with me, it makes the hobby immensely more enjoyable. :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Theo Zissou

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • My myspace page
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 03:44 PM »
thanks everyone :)

yes I've found it alot more enjoyable as well. It also frees you from feeling like you have to get every single new and diffrent carded figure.