Collectibles > Power of the Force 2

POTF2 Playsets: Thoughts?

<< < (2/4) > >>

JediJman:
I'd love to see interlocking death star and other playsets.  Not sure why we've never gotten anything like this - seems to come up often enough.  I'd take almost anything between independent sets or pack in figure items.  Heck, the ROTS bases would have been pretty awesome if you could just fit them together properly.  Ideally, I would love to get a $20 "base" playset and then the figures all come with small add-on sections to expand it, but I really doubt we'll ever see that come to fruition.

Muftak:
I enjoyed the Death Star Escape set enough to build an entire Death Star playset around it...

I was a big fan of all the playsets back when I got them, but they haven't come back out of storage since I moved.

Actually, I think I much preferred the Cantina and Jabba's Palace pop-up displays to any of the plastic playsets. If they were looking to go back to a line of environments, I'd prefer them to explore them more to the playsets.

JediJman:
That's awesome!  What did you use for the base structure?  Looks very Death-Star-ish.

Muftak:
Thanks. I don't mean to highjack the thread, but that Death Star really is a love-letter to the POTF2 Playsets, so I had to share.

--- Quote ---That's awesome!  What did you use for the base structure?  Looks very Death-Star-ish.
--- End quote ---

Everything except the detention block, compactor base, and the bridge platforms (from the 25th anniversary Luke and Leia set) is hand made (by me) out of foamcore, foamies, and odds-and-ends. The thread detailing the creation of each level (with many more pics) can be found right here. The bottom level will be five years old next month, holy crap!

Darth_Anton:
My thoughts on the POTF2 playsets can be summed up in the difference between the Vintage and POTF2 Hoth sets. The POTF2 one just screams cheep and for some reason, kind of lazy. When you put the two side by side, you can see a vast difference in quality in terms of design and materials used.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version