Author Topic: JD Fantasy Football 2008  (Read 61379 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: JD Fantasy Football 2008
« Reply #105 on: August 22, 2008, 08:20 PM »

If you have 5 fantasy titles drafting against guys who take Desean Jackson in the 4th round, then I'm not real impressed Dresser.  

We have always had a vast array of talent in these fantasy leagues of ours.  But I assure you, just because some guy who I never heard of and who's never been in one of our fantasy leagues before took DeSean Jackson in round 4, there is and was never a shortage of stiff competition.

Moss if going to run circles around Owens this year

I don't know about circles.  Flip a coin, it's a toss up.  Owens has been better than Moss a couple times.  Moss better than Owens a couple times.  Really depends on Romo and Brady too.

so I'm not sure how think you're going to get past my team this year. 

Because you suck.  And I get past almost every team almost every year.  That's how.

R. Bush, L. Johnson, Roy Williams...those guys are all on the way down, not the way up. 

Let's see, all on the way down?  23, 28, and 26 respectively.  No problems there. 

If Bush plays 16 games, he's good for 1,300 yards rushing PLUS receiving and 8 TDs.

Larry Johnson has EVERY chance to be THE best running back in the game this year.  He was GREAT 2 of the last 3 season, but not last year because he had a broken foot.  Watch out for LJ.  That's all I'm saying.

Roy Williams and Calvin Johnson both will be as good as John Kitna is good or bad.  But both are very reasonable locks for 1,200 yards and 6 to 10 TDs.  He's a very good WR2 so I don't know what your problem is there.

Dallas is not going to have 11 TDs again - those TDs are going to A. Gonzales in 08,

Dude, seriously.  Who the hell knows.  Wayne could catch 20.  Clark could catch 10.  Gonzalez may catch 3.  Nobody knows.  Marvin Harrison looks healthy so don't be on Gonzalez just yet.

so I guess you think Coles and Kevin Smith are going to have a big year?

Coles could be big with Favre throwing the bombs.  Come on, weren't you the one who told me how wrong I was that the Giants were going to get past the Pack last year in the NFC Championship game, touting the merits of Brett Favre?

Kevin Smith could be great or could suck, I don't know.  Looks like he beat out Tatum Bell for the starting job, so if Kevin Smith is my 3rd string RB, I'll be able to sleep at night.  I'll project a modest 900 yards and 7 TDs and hope for more.

Between Matt Forte and R. Moss, I've got about 40 TDs coming your way

Wait, what's a Matt Forte?  And I doubt you'll have 40 TDs if you combine your best 3 players.

Ahhh...smack talk is the best part of FFL and I need to get in as much as I can before my team really starts to stink it up.   ;)

Finally you're right about something.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Theo Zissou

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • My myspace page
« Reply #106 on: August 22, 2008, 08:43 PM »
if i had live drafted i would of taken desean alot later. i thought i had him low enough in the rankings to get him around the 7th or 8th. :)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 24, 2008, 11:43 PM »
Dressel - you know I'm just giving you crap for fun, right? 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 25, 2008, 12:11 AM »
It's a lot more fun if you give him crap for real though.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #109 on: August 25, 2008, 12:26 AM »
And it is yet even more fun beating him a championship game with studs like Pierre Thomas and Chris Redman...
"This is the way."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 29, 2008, 08:33 PM »
Dressel - you know I'm just giving you crap for fun, right? 

Of course.  If it wasn't fun I'd have better things to do, and I wouldn't be here.

Here's looking forward to our regular season matchup!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 2, 2008, 10:18 AM »
Okay, where's the "who's hot" section?  I lean on that thing a lot and can't find it for the life of me.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 2, 2008, 04:18 PM »
Okay, where's the "who's hot" section?  I lean on that thing a lot and can't find it for the life of me.

Okay put your mouse cursor on "Research" and the 3rd one down is "who's hot" and the 5th is "mvp"s.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 2, 2008, 04:27 PM »
Okay, I checked there and I checked Transaction Trends.  But all I'm seeing is advertisements for the stat tracker.  Do you guys see anything different or do they just not show that stuff until the regular season starts?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 2, 2008, 11:58 PM »
Okay, I checked there and I checked Transaction Trends.  But all I'm seeing is advertisements for the stat tracker.  Do you guys see anything different or do they just not show that stuff until the regular season starts?

Sorry, all of the Who's Hot players are already on my team.   ;D
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 3, 2008, 06:32 AM »

Rob you're in the right spot - but you have to wait until some actual regular season games start, because those lists are formulated by analyzing which players appear most frequently on the 500 best Yahoo fantasy teams.  (The 500 teams that have the most distance between their first place status and the 2nd place team in their league)

The lists will probably fill out Tuesday morning.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 3, 2008, 06:33 AM »

Sorry, all of the Who's Hot players are already on my team.   ;D

This actually happened 2 years ago with my team, Rob posted an image somewhere.

EDIT:  Found it.

« Last Edit: September 3, 2008, 06:43 AM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 3, 2008, 09:55 AM »
Rob you're in the right spot - but you have to wait until some actual regular season games start, because those lists are formulated by analyzing which players appear most frequently on the 500 best Yahoo fantasy teams.  (The 500 teams that have the most distance between their first place status and the 2nd place team in their league)

The lists will probably fill out Tuesday morning.

Weird, I thought those lists were formulated based on the number of teams adding and dropping a given player, and that they should apply in the pre-season too - like if a piece of news comes out that so-and-so is out for the year, everyone and their mother would be dropping him and adding his back-up.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 3, 2008, 09:56 AM »

That was some freaky fantasy football voodoo type stuff right there.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 3, 2008, 05:12 PM »
Bah, Colston was never a TE and Dressel knows it.   :P
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.