Author Topic: JD Fantasy Football 2008  (Read 61548 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: JD Fantasy Football 2008
« Reply #120 on: September 5, 2008, 02:46 PM »
Not doubting you here but A.) Why doesn't the wording at the bottom match up inside versus outside of your blck box and B.) Yawn.

Just looked at the site - are we using decimal scoring?  I've never seen that before...
« Last Edit: September 5, 2008, 02:47 PM by JediJman »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 5, 2008, 03:03 PM »
Yup, decimal scoring.  Wait until you lose by 0.2 points, it's a real blast.   :-X
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 5, 2008, 03:53 PM »
I'd rather do that than lose by 1 even point after some guy rushes for 9 yards that he doesn't get credit for because he didn't rush for the 10th.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 5, 2008, 04:40 PM »
Not doubting you here but A.) Why doesn't the wording at the bottom match up inside versus outside of your blck box and B.) Yawn.

Not doubting that you're doubting but A.) I don't know, ask Rob, he's the one who created it and brought it to my attention and B.) I won the Super Bowl.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 5, 2008, 05:00 PM »
A)  I don't understand the question?  It's just a screen grab from Yahoo that year.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 5, 2008, 09:06 PM »

Not doubting that you're doubting but A.) I don't know, ask Rob, he's the one who created it and brought it to my attention and B.) I won the Super Bowl.

Yeah yeah yeah.  Talk is cheap.  Let's see what you can do when you play me.

A)  I don't understand the question?  It's just a screen grab from Yahoo that year.

read along with the text at the bottom of the screen shot.  It doesn't synch up when you get to the part in the box.  I'm sure its real and could really care less if it is or isn't since I don't get what it means, but you could also photo shop a screen cap to look like that in under five minutes.   ;)
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 5, 2008, 11:03 PM »
Well you could, but that was Dressel's team.  LT with first pick, Colston off waivers, Holt might have been #2 pick and McNabb was actually pretty late.  Defense is defense, who knows where he took it (though I could look if I wanted to). 

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 6, 2008, 01:08 AM »

read along with the text at the bottom of the screen shot.  It doesn't synch up when you get to the part in the box.  I'm sure its real and could really care less if it is or isn't since I don't get what it means, but you could also photo shop a screen cap to look like that in under five minutes.   ;)

Yeah, I'm not sure what I did there - I probably copied something and accidentally made it bigger.  And you're absolutely right that I could Photoshop the hell out of it and do so a lot faster than 5 minutes, but I certainly wouldn't fake anything that would help my fantasy sports arch rival show how awesome his team was.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 7, 2008, 08:16 PM »
Tom Brady most likely done for the year:

So says Rotoworld.com, via Michael Silver from Yahoo Sports. He most likely has a torn ACL plus cartilage and ligament damage.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 7, 2008, 10:20 PM »
Looks like Favre will be my go to man for the rest of the year... :-\

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #130 on: September 7, 2008, 10:26 PM »
Brady owners took a huge hit, but so did Moss and Maroney...not cool but I passed on both Moss and Brady in another league at pick 5 in another league, sure am glad I did that

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 7, 2008, 11:10 PM »
Brady owners took a huge hit, but so did Moss and Maroney...not cool but I passed on both Moss and Brady in another league at pick 5 in another league, sure am glad I did that

Losing Brady sucks, but that's just another example of why you never take a QB in the first few rounds.  I wouldn't say that Maroney and Moss took huge hits - Moss had 116 yards and a TD, which would project to an 1800 yard season with 16 TDs...that's still first round material IMO.  And Maroney may get more use with Brady out (though looks like Sammy will be poaching TDs again this year).

I think the biggest surprises of the day were Willie Parker and Micheal Turner.  I avoided Parker, but managed to land Turner in a few leagues.  Actually the biggest surprise for me was CBS Sportsline posting an article most of the day that they were the one stop source to find out who is or is not starting on gameday, then featured a picture of McGahee stating he was starting.  Thanks guys!   ::)

Offline Matt Carroll

• Jedi Initiate
  • Who shot who in the what now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 7, 2008, 11:30 PM »

I managed to land Moss in the second round of another league - I figure there already was a discount on Moss due to the uncertainty of Brady's foot in the preseason.

I figure the bigger problem with Maroney's value going forward is Sammy Morris. He took a number of key carries away from Maroney today.

Matt Carroll
udflyerman (at) gmail (dot) com
Always looking for rare/unusual Darth Vader items to add to my collection

Offline Theo Zissou

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • My myspace page
« Reply #133 on: September 7, 2008, 11:43 PM »
yeah i took Maroney in my money league as a pretty late pick, around 50th overall. not feeling so good about that pick now. they look like they want to use a diffrent back every series. plus faulk is back next week :/

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 8, 2008, 12:04 AM »
I figure the bigger problem with Maroney's value going forward is Sammy Morris. He took a number of key carries away from Maroney today.

Which is exactly what happened last year prior to Morris getting hurt.  He poached all the TDs in the first five games, same as I expect him to do again this year.  I had both last year.  And I can't believe how long this league let him sit out there in the draft. 

yeah i took Maroney in my money league as a pretty late pick, around 50th overall. not feeling so good about that pick now. they look like they want to use a diffrent back every series. plus faulk is back next week :/

Nope, they want to use Maroney to run the ball down the field (when they don't pass) and then use Morris to punch it in.  Faulk/Jordan are nothing but extra bits in the background.

Sorry, I suffered Maroney last year, no way was I picking him again.

I think the biggest surprises of the day were Willie Parker and Micheal Turner. 

I don't think Turner is a surprise at all.  Every opportunity he ever had at SD was awesome when they sat LT.  He averaged over 5 YPC in a backup roll.  The only and I mean only reason I didn't take him was because I already had two guys (Westbrook and MJD) with the same bye week as Turner.