Author Topic: Indiana Jones in Legacy?  (Read 6656 times)

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
Re: Indiana Jones in Legacy?
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2008, 06:37 PM »
Yarna is sitting her fat ass on the pegs....

There's a Huttsex joke there, but I ain't making int.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2008, 09:49 PM »
I think that the "period piece" might be a reason kids don't get Indy.  If they only wanted wild CGI, Speed Racer would have been the biggest film of the year, not Batman.

In an odd way, I think Indy is too sophisticated for kids.  For instance, I teach High School in NYC and I was talking to some kids about KOTCS, and they hated it.  But they had no idea what it was about!  They had never heard of Area 51.  They didn't know about the Cold War, they knew nothing of Inca/Mayan lore, and they didn't understand the Indy/Marion stuff.

In a way, Indy asks you to bring some knowledge of history and legends with you into the theater, while SW just asks you to bring your imagination.

Another point...I don't think that movie popularity and big toy sales go hand in hand.  A few years back Hulk Hands were a huge seller, and the movie tanked.  And I bet that SW made more money on toys in August that The Dark Knight makes all year.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2008, 09:01 AM »
I think that the "period piece" might be a reason kids don't get Indy.  If they only wanted wild CGI, Speed Racer would have been the biggest film of the year, not Batman.

In an odd way, I think Indy is too sophisticated for kids.  For instance, I teach High School in NYC and I was talking to some kids about KOTCS, and they hated it.  But they had no idea what it was about!  They had never heard of Area 51.  They didn't know about the Cold War, they knew nothing of Inca/Mayan lore, and they didn't understand the Indy/Marion stuff.

In a way, Indy asks you to bring some knowledge of history and legends with you into the theater, while SW just asks you to bring your imagination.

It all boils down to wether or not the story is well told or not. Humans have a natural instinct for crap.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."