Author Topic: Legacy Collection Rumors  (Read 60955 times)

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Collection Rumors
« Reply #120 on: May 20, 2009, 10:17 PM »
Has anybody got news about the rumored TLC At st and new Luke´s snowspeeder?

Hope these will be very evolved toys, the vehicle and snowspeeder without decals, all sculpted and decent pilot action figures.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 20, 2009, 10:33 PM »
The new snowspeeder isn't a rumor.  It got confirmed back in a fall '08 Q&A session.  And my own expectations are kind of high.

As for the AT-ST?  That rumor's been circulating for at least a month if not more.  I'm hoping that it'll fit Chewbacca and 2 ewoks.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline stan

• Jedi Initiate
  • Choose Your Destiny!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 20, 2009, 11:31 PM »
At-St (including At-St Driver) will be coming in October and will be a Wal Mart Exclusive and retail around 35-45 dollors.
The Snow Speeder is coming next year along next year.  Their will be three new vechiles that I know of so far.  2nd is the swamp speeder.
Hope this helps.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 21, 2009, 09:32 AM »
Thanks for the info Stan.  Glad to hear further confirmations on the new AT-ST, I hope it really is impressive.  Plus, a sub-$50 pricepoint is always welcome.  I'm not crazy about it possibly being a WM exclusive though, since those have really become hit or miss around here (none of our three stores in town ever got the A-Wing in last year for example).  Hopefully, they'll make it readily available in store and online.  I really hope all these rumors of a new Snowspeeder are true for this year or next.  Next to the Falcon (and maybe the X-Wing), the Snowspeeder was my favorite ship as a kid - and I'd really like to see an all-new scaled version.

Hasbro has kept saying that "wait until you see our fall exclusive program at SDCC", or something to that effect, in regards to "where's the OT stuff?".  I wonder if we're going to see a number of OT exclusives with the rumors we've been hearing.  Isn't Wedge's X-Wing rumored to be set for Target?  If this new AT-ST is headed to WM, maybe each of the "Big 3" will have an exclusive vehicle this fall (although we haven't heard anything about a third/TRU exclusive).
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 12:35 PM by Brian »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 21, 2009, 01:48 PM »
So the swamp speeder news just flew in under the radar, huh?  Thanks for the info Stan!

Feedback

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 21, 2009, 02:21 PM »
Cool news, but who's Stan?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 21, 2009, 04:31 PM »
Okay so going off the post from Brian if the toys are Wedge's X-wing that represents ANH. The AT-ST would be for ROTJ. So I'd guess a new smaller (more accurate) snowspeeder is the ESB ship.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 2, 2009, 02:04 PM »
Listening to a special collector-focused Force Cast, and Mr. DePriest confirmed that there is a new Gamorrean Guard on the way next year (yay!).

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 2, 2009, 07:32 PM »
Hasbro has been hinting at a new Gamorrean in the Q&A sessions.  Nice to get that confirmed at last.

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #129 on: June 2, 2009, 11:16 PM »
He also more or less confirmed Zuckuss.  Finally!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 3, 2009, 01:39 AM »
Zuckuss got confirmed in the early May Q&A session. 

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 3, 2009, 09:58 AM »
I'm definitely looking forward to an all-new Zuckuss.  My bounty hunter lineup has looked incomplete, as I've been holding off on picking up the POTF2 version at this point hoping for an all-new one.  They also discussed improving Dengar, noting that while the sculpt on the SAGA version was pretty good - the articulation could be improved.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 3, 2009, 10:26 AM »
Listening to a special collector-focused Force Cast, and Mr. DePriest confirmed that there is a new Gamorrean Guard on the way next year (yay!).

Cool. Hope he finally comes with a vibro-blade in addition to the axe.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 3, 2009, 10:40 AM »
Did one (or both) of the Gam Guards that Luke choked (just before Luke is met by Bib Fortuna) have a pole-arm of some kind?  I think it'd be cool to get that, even if it is the only scene with that weapon.
I am not the Stig

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #134 on: June 4, 2009, 02:28 AM »
THey both did, as they crossed them in front of him.  Those weapons were given to one of the skiff guards in the old cinema scene I believe.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77