Author Topic: Legacy Collection Rumors  (Read 60952 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Collection Rumors
« Reply #90 on: October 14, 2008, 09:43 AM »
Yeah, I'm kind of anxious to see what the ANH X-Wing w/Wedge is like too.  That's one thing on the list that I could see being made with what Hasbro has said recently about getting Wedge out there next year again.  It would still be nice to see an all-new, "ultimate" Wedge Antilles in the regular carded line though - he really is a character that is somewhat neglected in that sense.

On a side note, excuse me for being dumb on this, but what are the differences between the various X-Wings (Luke's, Wedge's, Biggs', etc.)?  Are they very significant?  I bet if those had been made in this day and age they would all be different colors like the Jedi Starfighters ;).
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 09:43 AM by Brian »

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 14, 2008, 09:49 AM »
The stripes that run front to back on the S-foils (wings).  The number of stripes denotes which X-wing it is, Red one has 1 stripe, Red two has 2, etc.
I am not the Stig

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 14, 2008, 10:03 AM »
Soooo...since the beginning of the thread here...RS has rumored the following:

- AT-ST
- Clone Turbo Tank
- E-Wing Starfighter
- Landspeeder
- Sith Starfighter
- Slave I
- Star Destroyer
- TIE Defender
- TIE Fighter
- TIE Interceptor
- X-Wing Fighter
- Rogue Shadow
- Clone Turbo Tank (ROTS)
- MagnaGuard Fighter (ROTS)
- Republic Tank Fighter (Clone Wars)
- Confederacy Tank Droid (ROTS)
- Wedge Antilles' Red Two X-Wing Fighter with Wedge (ANH)

Give me a break ::) ::)

It does eventually get to be like the case of the boy who cried wolf.  After a point you don't know what's legit and what is not.  And because in most if not all rumor report cases, the reader isn't privy to the sourcing.

Still, it does make for something to talk about on the message boards.  Perhaps that's the motivation for this?  And who's to say that some of the vehicles on these lists aren't Titanium renditions, and not versions for the 3.75" figure line?  At least a few of the vehicles on that list did wind up in the Titanium line.  The Rogue Shadow, most notably.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 14, 2008, 10:13 AM »
Yeah, it does give us something to discuss if nothing else.  I'm guessing that the majority of new vehicle toolings are going to be dedicated to ships that appears in the Clone Wars series, and in many cases will also be vehicles that were at least making background appearances in the movies.  Sprinkle in an exclusive OT ship re-release here and there, and some other repackaged vehicles, and that is likely what we'll see.  I'm hoping we'll get a resculpted, all-new OT vehicle here and there as well.  An all-new Snowspeeder is high on my personal list, and something that could fit in the regular $20-$25 starfighter line I would think.  Anyways, I think the majority of what we'll be seeing in the next couple of years will come from the Clone Wars, and there's a lot of nifty stuff there.  It makes me hard to cut back on prequel vehicles though, that's for sure ;).

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 14, 2008, 04:58 PM »
The Legacy Star Destroyer will be a real challenge for Hasbro. Which figures must include? Imperial Technicians, imperial officers, an evolution Vader? It must be larger than BMF because the scale is being updated constantly.

Will they arrange the meditation chamber, the bridge, the guns, the same place as vintage Star Destroyer?

As the first Star Destroyer of a new line, must include the name of this ship, for example "TLC Executor Star Destroyer"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 14, 2008, 05:25 PM »
Any kind of Star Destroyer set is almost invariably a Battle Pack.  What else could it be?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 15, 2008, 08:50 AM »
Here's a small pic of Wedge's x-wing from POTF2.com.

I'll wait for a bigger picture.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 08:52 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2008, 12:16 PM »
I really do not need another X-Wing.  But of course they never want to release Wedge on a single card it seems.  Unless you count the super high priced internet exclusive.  Maybe I will just buy it and sell the X-wing? 

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #98 on: October 20, 2008, 02:59 PM »
I actually welcome this X-Wing repaint as there are (technically) only two distinct ones: Luke's and Red Leaders. With all the variants of Ties and Jedi Starfighters I am actually more than ready to add Wedge's, the ship that took out the DS2! I am so utterly sick of Prequel ****...bring on more OTC!!!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 20, 2008, 05:22 PM »
The stripes that run front to back on the S-foils (wings).  The number of stripes denotes which X-wing it is, Red one has 1 stripe, Red two has 2, etc.

Never understood that, don't they go all the way the 12?  I can't see there being 12 stripes on one wing.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #100 on: October 20, 2008, 08:53 PM »
We never see Red 12 to know, but that's the theory the model makers were going with...  Personally, it's hokey to me too...  The stripes had no rhyme/reason in ROTJ.  Also ships would get passed around so routinely save for "special" squadrons.  It's more likely ships would see rotations in their squad and you'd fly whatever ship you were assigned for whatever mission.  Or so goes EU...  Only the special guys have their own fighter, basically.

I think it's a good ship to have at retail, but it'll inevitably be overpriced.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 29, 2008, 06:52 PM »
New "rumors" from Scum:

The Legacy Collection
Rebel Pilot fans rejoice...as those Dagger Squadron Pilots are reportedly on tap for possible exclusives. Since the latest B-Wing Fighter includes one pilot already, it's not hard to fathom who the others might be.

The "Ultra-Articulated" Clone Trooper will be the Phase 2 Trooper from ROTS...although certainly a simple head/helmet swap could be done to make him a Phase 1 Trooper.

The "Ultra Articulated" Stormtrooper looks like it has been put on hold for now until some things are fixed. No further info on what that really means...but we'll be trying to ferret out more details.

We might see 2 Evolutions waves in 2009...spring and fall. No word on which figures will be included if these come to pass, but they are always a hit with collectors, and several rumors already abound.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 30, 2008, 09:14 AM »
Always wanted a ultra articulated Stormtrooper. Even though it's delayed, nice to know it's in the pipeline.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 6, 2008, 12:14 PM »
What are they going to do?  Articulate the fingers?

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 6, 2008, 12:18 PM »
What are they going to do?  Articulate the fingers?

I think he'll speak more articulately...  ???