Author Topic: Legacy Collection Rumors  (Read 60930 times)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Collection Rumors
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2008, 02:40 PM »
Interesting list... Cool that they're making a TIE Defender. Hopefully it's not an exclusive.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2008, 03:04 PM »
I'll take nearly every single figure on that list. That will get me a long ways towards finishing the stuff I want.

Dagobah Creatures Pack and Tatooine Creatures Pack are new ones by me. Maybe no reason to buy the Homestead Scene if you're only interested in the Womprat. The Dragonsnake resurfacing as well?

Imperial Techs in multiple jumpsuits? White/grey and black are the only ones I can think of...

I'd like to see the TIE Fighter and Defender in the basic vehicle line, and if I figure right the straight repack allows for the new tooling for the Defender.

Mr. May is still hanging on to his Death Star Playset (phase I) for this Christmas, eh? I still bet this will be a relatively small piece of the other Target Battle Pack, with the real Death Star Playset showing up for Christmas '09, but I would love to be proven wrong.

And a tease of a Dagobah playset as well? Hope they choose to reuse the vintage mold as opposed to going the way of the planned POTF2 version.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2008, 03:28 PM »
Worthy of note is that Banthaskull is backing the list, adds a little more credit to the rumors.

I'll believe all of this when I see it. Half of it is too good to be true.

Now that you mention it, this rumor list almost sounds too OT heavy to be true. I admit, I bought in a little too quick for the heavy OT factor, is Banthskull even a credible site for news?

GH gets some credit for breaking the Falcon story first but until I see a DS instruction sheet I will be skeptical. 18 months covers a lot of speculation, guys like Han Bespin and a few others have already been confirmed in Q&A's. Diddly brought me back to reality.

Anyone else not crazy about the Tie Defender? I think it's a pretty weak design. I rather see a rerelease of real vehicles like the Hoth Troop Transport before more EU vehicles. Figures are one thing, new vehicles are another.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 03:28 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2008, 03:51 PM »
I will agree that this is sounding too good to be true. If I had to bet money on it, I'd say that these figures are definites for being on tap from now up until late 2010... maybe 2011. I doubt that these figures could fill up slots for a year (Even a year and a half) cuz you still have to add in EU, Prequel Movies, and CLONE WARS.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2008, 04:01 PM »
Phase One?  I really wish this was 2002.  It's nice that they're finally getting around to making all of this great (BIG) stuff, but I'm running out of room..

In a way wish they had started putting stuff like that out then too, but I don't think they would have done it justice back then... heck, even then they didn't understand the concept of army building!

If we had something made like this back in 2002, it would probably just be another piece of junk right out of the old formula they used to use for their playsets.  It took them a long time to finally start changing their business model in terms of the bigger items, in making them actually look like something from the films and not overloaded with aesthetic distracting action features.  They've proven they can do things right with the Falcon and AT-TE... and also on the Lars homestead and Sarlacc Pit (though overpriced, but the playset-diorama stuff itself is solid).  Hopefully a Death Star, if done, will be given justice.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2008, 04:10 PM »
In a way wish they had started putting stuff like that out then too, but I don't think they would have done it justice back then... heck, even then they didn't understand the concept of army building!

Ya - remember that movie....ATTACK of the CLONES  ?  What'd we get - two clones in 02?  That never made sense to me besides other army building aspects.

If we had something made like this back in 2002, it would probably just be another piece of junk right out of the old formula they used to use for their playsets. 

You're absolutely right.  Guess I forgot to add the I wish I didn't have all this junk I now have in my collection spanning the past 6 years part.    ;)   
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2008, 04:13 PM »
^ I hear you buddy.   8)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2008, 07:01 PM »
I think Hasbro needs to be careful.

They really are running a risk of having too many big things at once.

I'm glad they're doing them, but I don't want to see them crash and burn like they did during the EP1/end of POTF2 era.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2008, 09:50 PM »
I agree, even now, there's just too much stuff hitting.  In fact, I skipped the new comic packs that I saw the other day.  I felt as if I hadn't really digested what I'd bought last month.  One I skipped them, I didn't miss them at all, and now I think I might pass on ALL comic packs.  And the thing is, I think they're kind of cool, but I can only buy so much stuff.

As far as the Death Star playseset goes, the way to make this thing work is to make it so that a cunsumer can buy multiples to create a larger DS.  For instance, I have no reason to buy 2 Falcons.  But a 75.00 DS set with a Control Room, Detention center and some hallways, well, maybe I'd buy 2.  I don't need two Conference rooms, or Trash Comapctors.  Make them seperate, smaller sets.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2008, 11:05 PM »
What would be the harm in them keeping the Falcon hitting the shelves from now until the end of the holiday shopping season?

It makes no sense to me at all to have roughly $250 of product come out now only to have a completely new set of $250 worth of product coming out for Christmas.

Can the collector community bare the burden of this much product? Perhaps, but I think the size of that community is definitely pretty small. How many kids are going to get more than one $100 - $150 items? Not too many.

They should let the BMF and AT-TE sit on shelves as long as possible so that their sales numbers can benefit from the holiday shopping season. Let the Death Star and Juggernaught be the big items in 2009.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2008, 11:35 PM »

Ya - remember that movie....ATTACK of the CLONES  ?  What'd we get - two clones in 02?  That never made sense to me besides other army building aspects.

There was a very different team running the Star Wars group back in 2002.  Truth be told, I think that the current group (Derryl DePriest) is much more in touch with the collector mindset than Jeff Popper (brand manager back in 2002) ever was.  Probably because Derryl is a collector and seems to be approaching the brand from the vantage point of what he would like in his own collection.  At the very least he understood the troop building concept.

As for the new rumor list?  It's looking pretty cool.  And it's consistent with a previous rumor list or two as well as some Q&A session hints.  Especially with regard to the TESB figures.

Regarding the Death Star?  I'm of a wait and see kind of attitude.  Rumors are cool and all, but anything can happen.  Adam May himself has said that he'd been following the development of the BMF Falcon for at least a couple of years.  So if it takes a while for any kind of Death Star, so be it.

The Clone Turbo Tank is something that I've been thinking could be on the way since this past Toy Fair.  I had a chat with a Hasbro Star Wars team member and the Turbo Tank seemed to be on their radar screens.  Especially in light of the Clone Wars series.

The TIE Defender is a little bit of a head scratcher.  Perhaps it's something that Hasbro thinks they can get into the Assault Vehicles line?  It does seem like Hasbro has had a tough time fitting new ships into that price point.  Maybe this TIE would fit in that line.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2008, 09:30 AM »
I'll believe all of this when I see it. Half of it is too good to be true.

Same here. I love the list though.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2008, 11:43 AM »
A very nice list.  I am with others though that is really OT heavy and who knows when most of that stuff is coming out. 

Death Star - I wonder if this is going to be like the ultimate packs or what they have planned?  I am just happy to hear this keep popping up. 

Creatures packs - This sounds interesting.  Dagobah - I guess it would be the swamp monster, snakes, etc.  Tatooine - Womp Rat and Worrt maybe? 

Yoxgit - This is the rabbit from the comics right?  LOL!  Why not? 

Cantina patrons - They have been cranking these guys out lately.  I am always in for those.  I sure hope Bom Vimdin and the Saurin finally get out to us.  Danz would be fun I think.  Finally we may be getting the other Duro. 

Rebel Fleet Troopers - Definately hope they do the head variants.  I am hoping for the grey haired rebel as one of them. 

Oola - This has been rumored for what 7 years now?  It sure seems like it.

Wooof and Kithaba- PLEASE be true!!! 

Sim Aloo - I sure hope so. 

Imperial Techs - I did not see that coming so that has to be legit! 

Turbo Tank - That would just about complete the big items from the films.  Except of course a bigger Tri-Droid and Destroyer type ships.  Unless they actually ever make a dropship for the AT-TEs. 

TIE Defender - For some reason I really like the look of that ship.  I wonder if they would make this small for the $20 range or go for the $40 "big wing" version of the TIE fighters lately? 

Dagobah Playset - Hey, finally a place to put those Saga Dagobah figures into.  I assume this is going to be true if they release that Dagobah creatures pack.  That would make sense anyway. 

E-3PO - I thought for sure they would just add this into the B-A-D.  But if it comes single packed that would be fine of course. 

Fett ROTJ -  I am guessing this will be an Evolutions re-pack in Jedi colors. 

Needa - I never really thought they would get to Needa.  Nice. 

Remaining ESB characters - Those are all welcome of course.  I just hope Farr comes with a control panel/screen of some type. 

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2008, 03:01 PM »
The Marvel rabbit was Jaxxon. Yoxgit is the Jabba's Palace ugnaught.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2008, 10:55 AM »
Oh, okay then.  LOL.