Author Topic: Legacy Collection Rumors  (Read 60950 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Collection Rumors
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2008, 08:29 PM »
Some otheR Site has ANOTHER new rumor list up:

Basic Figures
According to our rebel spies, these figures will make up an AOTC wave in 2009

# Anakin Skywalker #1
# Anakin Skywalker #2
# Beru Lars
# Captain Typho
# Clone Trooper
# Jango Fett
# Obi-Wan Kenobi
# Own Lars
# Tarados Gon

Battle Packs
Only names so far, and these may end up changing...or possibly be in The Clone Wars lineup. Time will tell...

# Geonosis Assault
# Outer Rim Ambush
# Search for R2-D2

Evolutions
More SA army builder sets? Yes please!

# Imperial Pilots Legacy #2
# Rebel Pilots Legacy #3
# Evolution of the Commandos
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2008, 09:42 PM »
Anakin - Other than a new Outland Peasant Anakin and adding ball jointed ankles to the Evolutions one, I can't see what they could do with him.
Beru/Owen - Hasbro has hinted around recently saying they're pretty much coming so I hope they don't disappoint.
Typho - Sweet! Bring it on.
Clone - What? Unless it's an SA mini-Clone/Young Boba I can pretty much pick up Clones whenever I want them.
Jango - Like Anakin, besides giving him scars on his face and giving the Evolutions version a Kamino jetpack I don't know what else they could do with him.
Obi-Wan - Pleeeeeeeeeese have a good headsculpt.
Tarados Gon - Who?

The Evolutions sets sound intriguing, I'll probably pass on the Battle Packs.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2008, 09:59 PM »
That evolution of the commandos sounds interesting.

Maybe this is where we get SA Endor Rebels and Hoth Rebels.  Oooooohhhh maybe Dresselians?
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 28, 2008, 09:32 AM »
Yeah, I was most curious about the "Evolution of Commandos" set as well.  It would be great if it did include some Endor and other Rebel soldiers though.  The AOTC wave overall looks ok I guess.  I don't know if it will include any repacks/retools, but it certainly could.  We've pretty much already gotten "definitive" versions of Anakin, Jango, and the white clone (if that is what the clone is) - although I wouldn't mind seeing the Evolutions Anakin and Jango on basic cards with some new/extra accessories or something.  The Outland Peasant Anakin is a good candidate for a re-do as well.  I think Hasbro has hinted that we wouldn't have to wait long for Owen/Beru, so those figures make sense.  A new Typho wouldn't be so bad either.  The Obi-Wan is the star of this wave though, if its an all-new, "definitive" AOTC Obi-Wan Kenobi that we've been waiting for (and has been rumored/confirmed by Hasbro previously - was once part of an Evolutions set, correct?).

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2008, 09:39 AM »
The evo sets all sound like winners, can't not like more troops. The Bp's all sound like duds and the basic figures look to be okay.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #65 on: August 28, 2008, 09:45 AM »
I want Cliegg Lars too so not happy with the list. I fear if they dont do all 3 together we wont get him.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 28, 2008, 11:38 AM »
I want Cliegg Lars too so not happy with the list. I fear if they dont do all 3 together we wont get him.

He'll come in the repackaged Lars Homestead a years from now, with the same Owen and Beru from this new wave. Instead of a beast in the package, we'll get a burial Shmi Skywalker (I'ts not articulated-well not anymore...)

/sarcasm
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 28, 2008, 11:47 AM »
as far as Anakin goes I'm pretty sure we all basically thought the Evo ROTS was pretty definitive minus ball elbows but look what H pulled outta their pocket w/the first wave this year, even though he's still not definitive version that'll be next time  :-\  They could do something like that here, mod the Evo version w/ball hips maybe even ditch the soft goods.

and Obi-wan about freakin' time, but I wonder how much of him would use the ROTS mold, he really just needs different paint apps and new boots and the head from comic pack and you're done.

more rebel pilots-who's left beside new heads on the bodies that we NOW already have, hmmmm except the y-winger I guess.

Commando's could it be Republic commando's finally with ball knees?
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #68 on: August 28, 2008, 12:01 PM »
as far as Anakin goes I'm pretty sure we all basically thought the Evo ROTS was pretty definitive minus ball elbows but look what H pulled outta their pocket w/the first wave this year, even though he's still not definitive version that'll be next time  :-\  They could do something like that here, mod the Evo version w/ball hips maybe even ditch the soft goods.

and Obi-wan about freakin' time, but I wonder how much of him would use the ROTS mold, he really just needs different paint apps and new boots and the head from comic pack and you're done.

They could just use the TAC sculpts for Anakin and Obi-Wan since they are the most articulated figures thus far, both have ball-joint hips and ankles. Anakin though still lacks the ball elbows.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline mr director

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 28, 2008, 12:25 PM »
According to Wookiepedia....

Tarados Gon was a Klatooinian Jedi Knight active during the waning years of the Galactic Republic. He fought at the Battle of Geonosis.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tarados_Gon

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 28, 2008, 12:36 PM »
It's nice to hear the Bespin guards are on the list as I know lots of you want them. My only worry is the 'changeable heads' bit. What about hands? Neck? Can't have a skin tone clashings, can we?

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 28, 2008, 02:49 PM »

They could just use the TAC sculpts for Anakin and Obi-Wan since they are the most articulated figures thus far, both have ball-joint hips and ankles. Anakin though still lacks the ball elbows.

Too bad those are ROTS versions of the characters, and would look quite silly in a wave based on AOTC. ;)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2008, 02:54 PM »
Jayson might mean just new heads on the old bodies?  I could be wrong...  I'd hope for a bit more out of Obi though as his costume has differences...  Anakin, not so much though I guess.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2008, 03:45 PM »
Hmmm.  Interesting list this time 'round.

Basic Figures

Anakin Skywalker #1 - I think a new Outland Peasant disguise Anakin seems like a likely choice

Anakin Skywalker #2 - My guess is this might be an arena battle version, with the chains and possibly the green lightsaber

Beru Lars - Very welcome at long last.

Captain Typho - This has got to be Typho in his dress uniform from Padme's quarters.

Clone Trooper - I think we just have to expect a Clone Trooper in these waves.  Although I think I'd like to see this one either with sergeant of captain's markings in the EVO sculpt.

Jango Fett - I'm guess we get the EVO Jango, but maybe with the Kamino rocketpack and maybe the grappling line.

Obi-Wan Kenobi - A plain, Coruscant Obi-Wan w/ softgoods robes would be perfect.

Own Lars - Much like Beru, we've waited a while for this.

Tarados Gon - Cool.  Another arena battle Jedi.

Battle Packs

Geonosis Assault - This is making me think of the battle on the plains of Geonosis.  Figure 1 x Jedi, 1 x Clone, 1 x Battle Droid & 1 x Super Battle Droid

Outer Rim Ambush - I'm drawing a blank on this one.  A guess for me would make this Darth Maul attacking Qui-Gon and Anakin, along with the bloodfin speeder.  Hopefully with the new EVO sculpts on Maul and Qui-Gon.  But seeing how Hasbro did this exact same character lineup in the EPISODE I line Cinema Scenes, I don't know how likely this is.  But it was the only thing for me that fits an ambush...other than Anakin attacking the Tusken Raiders, which doesn't seem like an ambush per se.

Search for R2-D2 - My guess on this one is Luke w/ binoculars & rifle, C-3PO, a Tusken Raider and the Landspeeder

Evolutions

Imperial Pilots Legacy #2 - V-Wing pilot, of course.  Beyond that, I'm thinking Han Solo as a TIE Pilot and maybe a member of Black Squadron

Rebel Pilots Legacy #3 - I really didn't see this one coming.  Maybe this one is the vehicle for the new Wedge that Hasbro has been hinting at?  Beyond that, it's just wishlist pilots for me, like Davish "Pops" Krail, Theron Nett or grey leader from ROTJ.

Evolution of the Commandos - I see this one having an ARC Trooper (Advanced Recon Commando), a Republic Commando, and an Endor Rebel Commando.

"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2008, 04:00 PM »
Evolution of the Commandos - I see this one having an ARC Trooper (Advanced Recon Commando), a Republic Commando, and an Endor Rebel Commando.

Or the Shadow Stormtrooper for the 30AC line, and I think it was a TSC fanclub exclusive, right?
I am not the Stig