Author Topic: Willrow Hood  (Read 129010 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Willrow Hood
« Reply #810 on: June 22, 2016, 11:22 PM »
Currently there's one going for $17.39 loose with 3 1/2 days left to bid. MOC have sold for $30.

I remember a few rows of unsold Willrow's at toys r us.

So, I ask where were the bidders when he was everywhere? Maybe he was rare somewhere? Not around here.

Newcomers to the hobby? And willing to spend $30 on THE BEST CHARACTER EVER  ;D

Just the end result of the gradual end of Super Articulation that everything's gonna go up on the aftermarket.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #811 on: June 22, 2016, 11:31 PM »
He wasn't "rare" here but he sold...  Steadily.  Far better than Yarna, and Naboo Guard guys.  IIRC TRU had the most Wilrows I ever saw, but never saw them between sales and such.

I never saw rows of them though, ever.  Almost every wave of Legacy stuff was a steady seller, did ok...  Not much lingered endlessly for my neck of the woods.   It's like everything else.  If one area got too much, it doomed other waves. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Online JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: June 23, 2016, 12:02 PM »
Yeah, I don't think its so much that he was hard to find, but years later someone looking to back-collect an item would have much more trouble finding it.  The vintage POTF figures were $1.99 when I was a kid - they obviously cost a lot more now.  The 6" Maul and R2 Black series figures were piling up on the shelves a few years ago, but now they too sell at a premium. 
"After Tuesday even the calendar goes W T F. "