Author Topic: Recent Legacy Purchases  (Read 192594 times)

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Legacy Purchases
« Reply #555 on: August 23, 2009, 10:25 AM »
I picked up the Grievous/CB-3D and DM/I-5YQ Droid Factory sets at a local WM.  This is the first I've seen them in a while.  Now I've got to track the other 3 down.  I have not seen all 5 together.  Also, at $17 each, it was tough to pull the trigger.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: August 25, 2009, 06:58 PM »
Picked up a Legends Chewie (sandstorm version) so now my correct VOTC version can make fun of the sandstorm version.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #557 on: August 27, 2009, 01:44 PM »
Picked up Ambush on the Vultures Claw Battle Pack. (I just missed the Gunship Pod BP saw it walk away...... >:()
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: August 28, 2009, 10:57 AM »
I picked up the Jedi Training Academy set yesterday.  I'm kind of regretting it.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: August 29, 2009, 10:14 PM »
Bought the Yuuzhan Vong/Katarn comic pack and Gunship pod battle pack at TRU tonight.  Love them both, and also I love clone cash.

I left the rest of the comic packs, they're priced okay at 12.99 but the only other figure I'm at all interested in was the Darth Krayt.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #560 on: August 31, 2009, 12:06 PM »
I picked up and set of three of the new comic packs for customs and army builders. The crazy thing is people on eBay are paying $28-$37 for Darth Krayt loose and $20-$27 for Lumiya. I plan on buying a lot of the Darth Krayt pack to customize the female Imp Knights so I can get you hooked up DR with the next set I get at cost opr I would be happy to buy the Imp Kight figure from you. I also plan on getting 1-2 more of the Lumiya packs for that Luke head to replace all of my VOTC Bespin Luke heads, it's a huge improvement from that lop sided eye head it has currently.

As for the extra Lumiya & Krayt I currently have I could not help but post them on eBay. My Lumiya already has a bid for $21.99, this crap is expensive and if someone is willing to over pay that much right now I am more than happy to oblige them. Feel free to throw stones but that one figure already almost paid for 2 of the 3 packs on it's own so I have no regrets.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: September 1, 2009, 05:18 PM »
Scored two of the Target Exclusive Wedge Antilles X-Wings this morning.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #562 on: September 1, 2009, 06:36 PM »
I only scored one Wedge Fighter and I picked up x2 Imperial Knight comic packs for customs. I have done more than my part to clear the shelves for new figures thanks to customs.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: September 1, 2009, 09:56 PM »
Picked up all three Wal-Mart exclusive Evolutions packs today.  $21.76, plus the Governor's drapery cleaning share.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: September 2, 2009, 10:48 AM »
Picked up the following this morning:

3x WM Evolutions Imperial Pilots Series II
2x WM Evolutions Rebel Pilots Series III
2x WM Evolutions Clone Commandos

Unfortunately when I got there, it was an incomplete case of them, otherwise, I would have picked up a third Clone Commandos set.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: September 4, 2009, 10:41 AM »
I found the WM Evo sets, had to convince them that they wern't recalled, then the said they were "on-line exclusives" and shipped to the store by mistake. Got 'em for regular Evo price.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #566 on: September 4, 2009, 10:55 AM »
I scored x2 WM Octapurra Droids. No signs of the Evo's. The Droid box is pretty heavy so this has some weight to it. It should for $35 a pop.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: September 4, 2009, 10:57 AM »
I found the WM Evo sets, had to convince them that they wern't recalled, then the said they were "on-line exclusives" and shipped to the store by mistake. Got 'em for regular Evo price.

The bs debates we have to get into with these Wally employees to buy these are crazy.

The damn things are right there on the sales floor, we pick them up and bring them to the register and then we have to spend 15 minutes fighting over everything from convincing them they're not recalled to convincing them they're allowed to sell them now to what the price is.

They need to get their **** together.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: September 4, 2009, 11:53 AM »
Got X-wing Wedge, Kyle & imperial girl comic packs, I pass on Dark lady with luke.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #569 on: September 4, 2009, 03:27 PM »
I think a lot of the reason WM's aren't letting them go out the door is because of toy recalls in the recent past.  That's been a big thing, and I think it's made many managers gunshy to let something that isn't in the system go, or that's bringing up a code.  It used to not be this much of a stone wall when something wasn't in their systems...  Now, not so much.

They obviously don't know one item from another.  I tried picking up a regular Evolutions set when they weren't in the system yet prior to the launch of the Legacy line, and they gave me the same run-around.  I know the manager at my nearest store and explained to her what the deal was, so she let me pick it up at the time, but she said all the toy recalls have caused them to be gunshy about just "pushing it through" the system.

I can believe that.  It makes sense.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77