Author Topic: Recent Legacy Purchases  (Read 190242 times)

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Recent Legacy Purchases
« on: June 13, 2008, 08:47 PM »
Time to start one up.

Picked up the BMF! :o 8)
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: Recent Legacy Purchases
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 02:22 PM »
WM Droid Factory Han/R-3P0 x2 sets. Both were non-chrome. Bought online but picked up in store today.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 09:43 AM »
Not a purchase, but an observation - one of my Targets put out the peg hanging clone wars light sabers yesterday. Leaks anyone?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 09:11 AM »
Picked up the BMF Yesterday at Target. It is awesome.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 09:13 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 10:43 AM »
None of my targets have anything in stock yet. Anyone on the east coast finding anything ealry?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 12:22 PM »
I stopped by Walmart today in central Jersey and they had new GH figures out.  Passed on them.   other then that I've seen nothing.
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 12:27 PM »
It kind of sucks every since I found my BMF I havent seen a thing(that is new) on the pegs. It is kind of depressing but at the same time I am hoping that will just mean more on the shelfs come July 26. My olny question (of course directed at CDN collectors) is how good has the quantity of figures been on the first day of release? I know we dont get MM but we are basically just getting opening hour madness(I think..) is there usually a lot of product or am I gonna end up getting there only to see 2 of each box put out on the shelfs :-\
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 03:04 PM »
It kind of sucks every since I found my BMF I havent seen a thing(that is new) on the pegs. It is kind of depressing but at the same time I am hoping that will just mean more on the shelfs come July 26. My olny question (of course directed at CDN collectors) is how good has the quantity of figures been on the first day of release? I know we dont get MM but we are basically just getting opening hour madness(I think..) is there usually a lot of product or am I gonna end up getting there only to see 2 of each box put out on the shelfs :-\

I'm sure that in August through December you are going to get whatever you want in the quantity you want it, no matter what you see in July.  By September this **** will be all over the place and then some.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 04:50 PM »

I'm sure that in August through December you are going to get whatever you want in the quantity you want it, no matter what you see in July.  By September this **** will be all over the place and then some.

That's what I'm hoping for.

I expect to get most of what I want from the 7/26 release, but it will be a few weeks after that before we start seeing anything newer than that. So none of us should really have a hard time at finding any of this.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline tonphanan

• Jedi Initiate
  • " Has anyone seen my wits?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 07:28 PM »
Saw this endcap at my Wal-mart today. Mostly re issuse stuff but Legacy non the less.

Hit another Wal-mart at 11pm one nite and they had a full pallet of the new legacy items, but nothing hit the shelfs
Throw an Ewok at him

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2008, 07:31 PM »
I sorta wish the V-Wing had been a snazzy repaint instead of a re-issue...  Love the ship, just would like a nicer paintjob on it I guess.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2008, 08:16 PM »
so the ships are going to be $30.00 now?
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2008, 08:38 PM »
so the ships are going to be $30.00 now?

I noticed that too...yikes! I sure hope not.

Today I went to Target and entered the Legacy DPCIs into the price scanner. Sure enough, they were in the stockroom. I asked if they could bring anything out for me, and the man I asked said he would. He came out two minutes later and gave me the whole 'we don't want your money until July 26th' thing. For those of you who have heard about this happening but have not yet experienced it for yourselves, I can tell you YES...it is just as enjoyable as it sounds.  ::)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2008, 11:35 PM »
And I did NOT notice that...  Guess I just scanned to boxes.

Holy ****.  A 50% price hike?  Uh...  Seems more than a  tad excessive if that's the case.  Methinks I'll be getting one of each too, if that's the case, and passing on many, many repaints of the future.  Nix the V-Wing repaint suggestion too if they're gonna be $30.  Piss on it...  Hasbro/Retail are getting greedy if they're gonna spike prices that much.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2008, 11:41 PM »
Hope those vehicle prices are only at WalMart.  That photo makes me want to run the vehicle DCPI at Target and see what the price point is for the assault vehicles.  I really want the Homing Spider Droid and V-19, but $30 each?  Ouch.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback