Author Topic: Recent Legacy Purchases  (Read 190225 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Legacy Purchases
« Reply #75 on: July 26, 2008, 07:46 PM »
Hit three stores this morning.  As much as I wanted the big ticket items, I'm going to spread those purchases out.  Maybe try to score some coupons for those.

FIGURES
-Legacy wave 1 (all)
-Legacy wave 2 (Quarren, Mon Cal, IG Lancer, Saesee Tiin, Scuba Clone)
-Clone Wars - Captain Rex
-Exclusives - 2 Thires, 2 holo Grievous

EVOLUTIONS - Padme & Rebel Pilots 1
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #76 on: July 26, 2008, 08:07 PM »
My damage:

Clone Armor Obi
Snow Bunny padme
Scuba Trooper
Quad Gun Clone
Quarren Soldier
Mon Cal Soldier
IG Lancer Droid
Clone Armor Saesee Tinn
Yarna
Leektar & Nippet
Ak Rev
Bane Malor
Vader
Padme Evolutions
Hoth Recon BP
Commander Fox
Slave Leia GH
Plo Koon GH
BSG Classic Cylon Raider Titanium (from out of nowhere!)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 26, 2008, 08:08 PM »
My TRU Midnight Madness stuff:

Clone Scuba Trooper x5
Mon Calamari Warrior x2
Quarren Soldier x1
Padme Amidala x1
IG Lancer Droid x1
Clone Trooper (3D) x1
Captain Rex (1st Day of Issue) x1
Yoda (1st Day of Issue) x1
AT-TE x1
Fett Legacy x1
Holographic General Grievous x2

And later at Target:

Yarna D'al Gargan x1
Bane Malar x1
Ak-Rev x1
Mola Ram Mugg x1
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 26, 2008, 08:21 PM »
1 underwhelming Target visit and a Wal-Mart after, and my haul was:
1 x BMF
1 x Rebel Pilots one (couldn't find #2)
2 x Ewoks
2 x Yarna
1 x Luke sandstorm
1 x Bane Malar
...and a GI Joe Vamp w/clutch  :-*

Approximately $250!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 26, 2008, 08:26 PM »
I went out again this afternoon to see if I could pick up some of the scraps left from my wants list. I managed to score the Hoth Patrol Battle pack (Han and Chewie one). Though I apparently missed the Hoth Biker set (I had received a tip form a local collecting friend about the battle packs being there, but didn't get there in time to get both of them as he reported to me that they were both there).

I got a call at about 6pm from another collecting friend. He found more figs at my local WM. Apparently there were more a few aisles down  from the main display and this time it WAS Legacy figs. (I had been there earlier in the day and either these weren't out or I missed them-but on a good note I found the Rebel I evolutions set and it rang up for only $15!) He picked me up the extra Mon Cals and Quarren I wanted, so I'm totally caught up on Wv 1 & 2 Legacy. In fact all I need is the Hoth Biker ste and the Rebel II Evolutions set (which I haven't seen anyone else reporting being found) and I'm totally caught up (for about two weeks until the next waves of new stuff roll in.

Including the two sets I got today and the figures I'll get from my buddy tomorrow, that's another $82.39 for a total of $803.13 spent this weekend.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 26, 2008, 09:28 PM »
Total 7/26 haul...

-Rebel Pilots Evolutions II x1
-Legacy Clone SCUBA Trooper x1
-Clone Wars R2-D2 x1
-Exclusive Holographic General Grievous x1
-Yarna D'al Gargan (1st Day Of Issue) x1
-Leektar & Nippet x1

7/26 Grand Total: $47.95

Pretty nice haul. Just need Ak-Rev and Bane, and I'll be done with what I want from Wave 1, and a Mon Calamari from Wave 2.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 27, 2008, 12:42 AM »
I was completly pissed off with Hasbro Canada yesterday.
I went to 4WM, 2 superstores, 2 zellers and 2 TRU. Only 1 TRU had anything while 1 of the zellers had 1 box of Legacy one out. Best part was that was the only case of Legacy figures between both stores. TRU only got the vehicles, evo boba/rebelpilot1, clone wars wave 1, and saga legends. I am happy with what I was able to find dont get me wrong BUT for such a big day that Hasbro was promoting they did jack s**t for us Canucks.

my haul did include
Clone wars figures:
Ani
Obi
Yoda
Grevious
BD
R2
Clone trooper x3

Legacy:
Yarna
Bane
Ak-rev
Ewoks
Vader.

Rebel Pilot set 1

Half the stores didnt even know what I was talking about. And the hologrevious...nonexistant up here.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #82 on: July 27, 2008, 12:43 AM »
Some more haulage today, as I went around to other stores:

Lancer Droid
Saesee Tiin in armor
Mon Cal Warrior
Quarren Soldier
Padme Evolutions
CW Grievous
CW Clone Trooper

I found everything I was looking for except a holo Grievous.  :-\
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 27, 2008, 12:53 AM »
I managed to find everything except the Mon Cal and Quarren soldier today. 

So, I picked up one of each Legacy figure except those two, one homing droid or whatever it's called, and one of each of the four evolutions packs. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #84 on: July 27, 2008, 01:16 AM »
I could not find (though the scalpers had them a-plenty at the Toy Show today):

-Rebel Pilots 2
-Imp. Pilots
-Clone Scuba Trooper
-Padme (CW2d)
-Sae Sae Tinn w/Armor
-Ewok w/Wokling

ALl those were pretty impossible to find for me, and I'm bummed out on the Evolutions sets as they were two I was probably most looking forward to actually.

However, I did get the first Pilot set for $16 because of a misprice at WM.

I was also extremely glad to see $6.77 and $6.99 figures between WM and TRU respectively.  Screw Target in the ear with a spork because they are selling for $7.99...  Their figures can rot on pegs till they decide to "compete" a bit for my dollar.

Sure it's only a buck, but $6.99-ish figures were a sight for sore eyes (and thinning wallets) to all of us I think.

Ironically Rob, I saw the two alien troopers.  If you want I can try to nab them for you...  PM me if you need me to.

TRU was the ONLY store here with Wave 2 as far as I know...  WM/Target only had Wave 1 of both lines.

VERY few Legends figures on pegs here...  I almost wanted to buy one just to see what the weapons pack was all about and if it is indeed what we pictured here earlier on JD.

Oh and I also picked up...

-1 AT-TE
-1 V-19
-1 Spider Droid/Homing Droid
-1 Hoth Recon
-1 Hoth Speeder Bike/Patrol
-1 Bane Malar (only wave 1 figure I picked up)

I didn't make it to TRU to see my buddies unfortunately.  Exhausted from all day Friday and couldn't handle the trip out.  Went to WM nearby and saw a scalper hoarding stuff that I know, but beyond wave 1 WM didn't have much.

Really bummed on those 2 Evo sets for the most part.  I think basics I'll be ok on.  The Evolutions sets have all been fairly rare here though, so I'm a little fearful I may miss those.  They had them at the show as I noted, and for $50+...  Disgusting.

But that's life...

Kudos to TRU's event(s).  They really seemed to have their poo together other than I hear there was confusion on holo Grievous figures.  Other stores were a mixture of confusion on what the actual date/time was to put stuff out, and people refusing to put it out till tomorrow morning (Target).

I lucked out at the store(s) I visited Saturday morning I guess.

Oh, and the Homing Droid and V-19 should be both nominated for toys of the year...  THe value is unmatched for the quality you get.  You really have to open these...  The V-19 even has a control stick...  FIrst I think I've ever seen that done in a starfighter from Hasbro.  True high quality work.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 27, 2008, 01:41 AM »
Thanks for the offer Jesse, but I'm not sweating it at this point.  It's only day 1.  I'm sure there will be plenty to go around.

This isn't the place to ask, but is there a good list anywhere of which ones the build-a-droid astromechs are and which movies they go with?  Or is Hasbro making them up?

And from the looks of your post I have a little more to pick up...

-1 Hoth Recon
-1 Hoth Speeder Bike/Patrol

« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 01:49 AM by Rob »

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 27, 2008, 02:53 AM »
Greg's July 26th haul:

TRU Midnight Madness:
AT-AP
Homing Spider Droid

Wal-Mart morning:
Homing Spider Droid x2
Clone Trooper (1st day)
Battle Droid (1st Day)
Speeder Bike Recon x2

Target:
AT-TE

Wal-Mart evening:
Speeder Bike Recon
Clone Trooper (1st Day) x2
Battle Droid (1st Day) x2
V-19 x2

I also have another Homing Spider Droid waiting for me in Raleigh (I'm on vacation in Atlanta at the present time) The downside of my vacation is I have no freaking clue how I'm going to get my loot back to Raleigh.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 27, 2008, 10:12 AM »
With being out of the loop the last few months, I didn't know about any of the new stuff so imagine my surprise when we stopped off at a Walmart coming home and I found the Evolutions Padme pack!!  :o

Then, I found a picture of another Padme on the back of Saesee Tiin but I couldn't find her on any of the pegs.  I did pick up a battle damaged Darth Vader and a Captain Rex (though I don't know what the blue first day of issue sticker is all about).  Vader and Saesee came with parts of a droid so I am going to have to write down what I got and see if I can build one with the few other figures I might want.  Looks like this Walmart had all the figures on the back of the packages ('cept Pamde) as well as biker scout vehicle two packs and some other two packs as well as Han and Chewie and C3PO packages, a spider droid package with some figures (can't remember who) and all sorts of other ships and stuff.   All in all, it was a lot of fun to dig through the pegs like the old days.  I now have the family on the hunt for Padme  ;).
Beth

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 27, 2008, 10:15 AM »
Well said on the price differences, JJ.  It was a blessing in disguise that Target was the first store I visited and they didn't have a single wave 1 figure (but tons of wave 2 and Clone Wars, none of which I'm buying).  I went to WM soon after and was pleased to see the figures for a dollar less (and tons of the wave 1!).  I couldn't find Evolution at all at WM though, and there weren't any Rebel pilots #2 at Target.  Oh, I forgot that I didn't see the Hoth heroes BP anywhere either.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 27, 2008, 11:47 AM »
picked up some figures from a friend who was looking out for me yesterday.

As well I scored two of the Hoth Biker sets.

So all I need is the Rebel II evo set.

Anyone needing the Reb I set? I can find those fairly easy. If so, then let's trade. You get the Reb II for me and I'll get the Reb I for you.

with this last purchase for the weekend, my total reached $855.93. So I just made it within budget.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010