Author Topic: Recent Legacy Purchases  (Read 190744 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Recent Legacy Purchases
« Reply #765 on: December 4, 2009, 11:47 AM »
Picked up part of the ESB wave last night. I got Luke, Willrow, and Bacara. I left the Bespin Guard, which was the only other wave 12 figure there.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: December 5, 2009, 03:30 PM »
I was able to pick up Willrow Hood at a local toy show today. WOW. What an awesome figure! They really made him worth the wait! 8)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #767 on: December 5, 2009, 06:11 PM »
Picked up the entire ESB wave at Wally World today (plus repacks and some CW figs I didn't have) all at $6 a pop.  That is what I'm talking about.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: December 6, 2009, 01:06 PM »
I picked up a Scramble on Yavin BP from Target thursday night, and the whole ESB wave plus some repacks yesterday at Wal-Mart.

It felt great to get some new and/or HTF Legacy stuff.
« Last Edit: December 6, 2009, 01:06 PM by Greg »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: December 6, 2009, 01:58 PM »
I had to go over the hill, so to speak, yesterday and after being Scanning trooper challenged in my area, walked away with 8 from the neighboring region. 7 from one WM alone, and that was about the only basic figure on the pegs.

Here's the real frustrating/weird part. The scanning trooper's UPC hasn't been tagged for the $6 sale in my neck of the woods. I had to go to two WM's to get the price of my Scanning Trooper purchased earlier in the week adjusted. At the first one, he wasn't even on file, so I had to go get the UPC from the package and went to another store instead. He was on file, but at $7.49. So when he was the only figure ringing up at full price when I found the jackpot, it hit me that they excluded his UPC. It took some convincing, but they did give them to me for $6 each.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline commandernarra

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: December 6, 2009, 09:03 PM »
Got the loose figures from the upcoming Walmart sets I wanted:
Plour and Dllr (both great) Rom (great head sculpt, looks very much like Tagge, body is awful-a mishmash of Sunbers legs and Ozzels! top painted bottle green with a heavy dark wash, made me sick in my mouth a little) IG-97 (Eh, not a uninteresting figure, same body as Geonosis commander, very stiff joints) And General Weir (glad to have him to lead my evo Storm commandos, but he suffers from bad pin-hotheadedness) . Not a great bunch altogether, but more Rogues is always good.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #771 on: December 7, 2009, 12:48 AM »
I picked up a Scramble on Yavin BP from Target thursday night, and the whole ESB wave plus some repacks yesterday at Wal-Mart.

It felt great to get some new and/or HTF Legacy stuff.

Wow, nice find. Those things are going for $50 now on feebay. I would have like to get a few more, that was one of the best BP's ever. I will have to keep my eyes peeled.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: December 7, 2009, 11:06 AM »
I ordered Slave Leia, Episode 2 Anakin, Jedi Luke and the Episode 2 Obi-Wan online last month.  I found the Episode 2 Padme in Target yesterday.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: December 7, 2009, 11:54 AM »
Plour and Dllr (both great) Rom (great head sculpt, looks very much like Tagge, body is awful-a mishmash of Sunbers legs and Ozzels! top painted bottle green with a heavy dark wash, made me sick in my mouth a little) IG-97 (Eh, not a uninteresting figure, same body as Geonosis commander, very stiff joints) And General Weir (glad to have him to lead my evo Storm commandos, but he suffers from bad pin-hotheadedness) . Not a great bunch altogether, but more Rogues is always good.

Where did you manage to procure all of those? eBay?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: December 7, 2009, 01:31 PM »
Got the Scanning Tech, 2nd Ugnaught and a Blue ARC over the weekend.  Happy that new figures are starting to show up in significant numbers.
I am not the Stig

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #775 on: December 7, 2009, 02:00 PM »
Picked up another Willrow Hood at WM, Krayt CP at Target and a bunch of Legacy figures cheap at a local toy show.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline commandernarra

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: December 7, 2009, 07:45 PM »

Where did you manage to procure all of those? eBay?
Yeah, an ebay seller called Tunghori from Hong Kong.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: December 7, 2009, 07:58 PM »
Checked out the two local WMs on Saturday looking for the ESB wave. No dice, but I did find my first Slave Leia and the grey Ugnaught.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: December 8, 2009, 01:49 AM »
Scored DSII Luke and Chewbacca (co-pilot). MY Target pegs were completely full with LC product - NO TCW Basic Figures, AT ALL!! Wowza!  8) All the pegs were stuffed with the ANH and ROTJ waves.

However, there were no new CPs in sight. Only Xizor and Thrawn sets. Grrr....  >:(
« Last Edit: December 8, 2009, 01:49 AM by Jabba the Slug »
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: December 8, 2009, 09:18 AM »
Another frustrating WM note. One of my Locals hasn't put out any Basic Legacy figures period in the new packaging. I asked a new toy manager who looks and acts like he gives a crap about that fact. He scanned the right peg and said that they have 586 pieces in the stock room and offered to get get me a couple of cases. Even asked if I knew the wave numbers and said it could take a while. 20 minutes later, he came back, couldn't find a single SW figure case.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."