Author Topic: Previews Exclusive Pirate TIE Fighter  (Read 23302 times)

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
Previews Exclusive Pirate TIE Fighter
« on: June 16, 2008, 02:37 PM »

A Previews Exclusive! Includes an exclusive Hobbie Klivian figure and Fighter Deco! These TIE Fighters were used by Biggs Darklighter and his mutineers to escape the Rand Ecliptic. Low on fuel, the group returned to the Ecliptic only to find it had been taken over by a Rebel cell led by Hobbie Klivian. The TIEs were then refitted with hyperdrives, astromech sockets, and ejection seats for a mission to steal X-Wings from Incom. Finally, in a bold statement of defiance, these formerly Imperial fighters were emblazoned with the Rebel Alliance symbol! Bigg's pilots then ejected from the TIE Fighters - with the astromech droids piloting the ships on their own - a tactic that drew off Imperial TIE fighters on patrol around the system, allowing Darklighter and his team the proper distraction to gain entry to the Incom facility! 
Product Number: HAS15497
Shipping Weight: 3.50 pounds 
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 02:53 PM by Jeff »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Previews Pirate TIE Fighter
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 02:52 PM »
Ugh... I have no desire to drop $55 on another TIE, but I'll probably have to track down Hobbie to go with the Evo TIE Pilot Biggs.   :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Previews Pirate TIE Fighter
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 02:59 PM »
Ugh... I have no desire to drop $55 on another TIE, but I'll probably have to track down Hobbie to go with the Evo TIE Pilot Biggs.   :-\

Ditto...
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Previews Exclusive Pirate TIE Fighter
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 03:06 PM »
I'm still on the fence about the current white one at TRU, but now this  ???

Hasbro is really going to town with this mold.  They must have gotten tired of repainting the Jedi Starfighter to death.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 03:42 PM »
I like this version more than the White one. I did not open the white TRU one yet and think I will return it one because I would rather buy this instead. At least there is some real newness in there. All these new EU paint schemes are starting turning me off. I wish they would redeco the X-Wing with Red Leader, Grizz Frix or something along those lines to make it a more valuable addition to the collection.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 03:51 PM »
Why does the large wing TIE fighter keep increasing in price? According to the description, the rebels retrofitted an astromech into the ship. Where is this astromech? Did they sculpt one in or is this just a lame repaint with no new detail?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 03:53 PM »
Why does the large wing TIE fighter keep increasing in price?

Previews needs to make their margins which are higher than TRU, WM and Target. They are adding their cut. They probably have a 60% margin.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 03:59 PM »
I agree.  I really would like to get another TIE fighter with the long wings.  But Target's was $40, Toys R Us is $45 I believe, and now this son of a #$%^& is $55?  Why are the TIE's so high?  Anyway, I would just want the figure.  Maybe they will repack him someday? 

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 04:01 PM »
Lame! Why would the Rebels paint their insignia on a stolen TIE? Way to be incognito there guys.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2008, 04:12 PM »
I believe they were basically decoys meant to anger the Imperials, but I digress...

Big pass for me. I still haven't picked up a big-wing TIE, but at 55 bucks I don't think this is in my price range at all for what it is. Hobbie is interesting and a great use of existing parts to get a good exclusive figure out there, but I only plan on having one TIE and this one obviously ain't gonna be it.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2008, 04:27 PM »
Why does the large wing TIE fighter keep increasing in price? According to the description, the rebels retrofitted an astromech into the ship. Where is this astromech? Did they sculpt one in or is this just a lame repaint with no new detail?

I agree, with all the script about modifying it for hyperspace and astromechs, it looks like a red splotch to me. Which I am pretty sure doesn't show up real well on long range scanning devices anyhow...

$55?  Huh? This is going to be the cost of more than THREE basic ships at retail by the time you get done with shipping?

Yes it is unique. So was the straight latch R5-D4 back in 1996.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2008, 05:16 PM »
Okay, everyone, time to write in Hobbie's name for the Fan's choice Legends repack!!!

I passed on the white TIE, no way I'm paying that much for this TIE. Like the rest of you, I just want the figure.

had the large winged TIE originally been $30, I'd have bought at least 5. To date, it's only 1 gray and 1 blue. Hasbro (and their retail partners) priced themselves out of this one.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2008, 07:16 PM »
As always i just want the figure.  ::)
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2008, 07:52 PM »
I actually want the TIE...  But at $55, I'm maybe just gonna pass.  Disappointed, but pass nonetheless.

I want 2 AT-TE's...  If they'd offer it for $30 or so, I'd be down for one and maybe even two so Biggs got one too.  AT-TE's are more important to me in '08 though.

You guys with a Falcon boner are experiencing the same thing I am over the AT-TE.  Every time I see it, I drool a little more.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2008, 11:37 PM »
I actually want the TIE...  But at $55, I'm maybe just gonna pass.  Disappointed, but pass nonetheless.

I want 2 AT-TE's...  If they'd offer it for $30 or so, I'd be down for one and maybe even two so Biggs got one too.  AT-TE's are more important to me in '08 though.

You guys with a Falcon boner are experiencing the same thing I am over the AT-TE.  Every time I see it, I drool a little more.

If you (or anyone) seriously just wants the TIE, let me know.  I (like just about everyone here) would like to get Hobbie, but no interest in a $55 TIE.  Cripes, I wouldn't have room for it even if I did blow $55 + shipping.   ::)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today