Author Topic: Favorite Imperial Officers!  (Read 12800 times)

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Favorite Imperial Officers!
« on: June 25, 2003, 04:35 AM »
My favorite Imperial Officer is Admiral Piett,who in my oppion was the most competent officer in the films.Who is your favorite?

- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Favorite Imperial Officers!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2003, 10:06 AM »
General Maximilian Veers is my favorite Imperial Officer.

I also liked Grand Moff Tarkin a lot too.

dustrho

Offline Lemon-Viper

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mudhole? Slimy? My home this is.
    • View Profile
    • Son of Bob.homestead.com
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2003, 06:07 PM »
I'm a huge Grand Moff Tarkin fan.  He get's to boss around Vader, order planets destoyed, and execute Leia.  Everyone in the Empire wants to be him(except the Emperor).
Stressed out?  Poop.  It'll make you feel better.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2003, 02:05 PM »
Ok, I'm going with once Captain and then Admiral and then born again Captain Piett.  

Offline Sith Bounty Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hunting new figures daily
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 3, 2003, 06:30 PM »
I'm really dont pay attention but I'd say Grand Moff Tarkin.
Dont under estimate the power of a sith lord

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: July 4, 2003, 12:52 AM »
My favorite is Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin...

Tarkin seems, to me anyway, to have a certain level of authority above Darth Vader, and he's cool and calculating...  Something about him echoes that his ONLY flaw was not giving the rebels more credit than they were due.  His assumption the jedi fire was put out was his ultimate downfall...  But honestly, could anyone have expected Luke to be there?  Doesn't seem likely to me either.

Peter Cushing is a personal fav of mine in other movies though as well, so I'm a bit biased in that I just enjoy him as an actor.  I consider his the best performance of Star Wars overall.  

The 2nd Imperial I liked was General Maximillian Veers...  He's the epitomy of a military hard@$$ I think.  He's the General Irwin Rommel of his era and place.  

He's regal, efficient, obedient, confident...  He's also willing to throw on the armor and get in the trenches with his troops.  He's no pansy who makes his subordinates lead an important charge.  He takes the reigns and dictates the battlefield personally.

Some officers work from the BCC, Veers works from the battlefield itself.  

He's also confident around Vader...  No quiver in his voice, no fear...  He knows he's good at his job, and won't be choked...  Or so he thinks anyway.  So did Captain Needa I guess, who did seem confident himself.

Plus, if you follow EU completely (Or just like this part), Veers is one of the few to escape the Death Star to become the prominent officers within the Galactic Empire.

Depending what POV you have, he could still be living beyond Endor, and he could still be the hell on 4 legs (Via the AT-AT, hehe) we saw on Hoth...  Raining death from above on rebel forces for years past the Emperor's demise.

That's how I like to think of him anyway.  ;D
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #6 on: July 7, 2003, 05:24 AM »
Tarkin & Piett  8)

Jango Fettish

« Reply #7 on: July 7, 2003, 09:29 AM »
Admiral Ozzel (Mike Sheard). I met him at a con a couple of months ago, and he had some great stories to tell from both now and then. Stand up guy too.

Unfortunately, he failed Lord Vader for the last time, and Piett took the helm.  :-\

If I hadn't met Mr. Sheard, I'd have to say Tarkin, just because he is the only person in the universe more powerful than Vader.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2003, 09:33 PM »
You guys will have to forgive me, but I just got here so I have to play "catch up" with some of these topics....

My favorite all time Imperial is the "Holding her is Dangerous...." guy from the very beginning.  Sorry I don't know ANY name that wasn't in the Movies, on a Figure or in the X-Wing Rogue Squadron Books.  

He looks to be a Jr. Officer, but he is the only other Imperial, besides Tarking to even attempt to tell Vader what to do.  I just think he obviously has more backbone than most of them who courtsey every time they see the dark lord of the Sith...

Offline roguestormtrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 6, 2003, 10:48 PM »
I like Tarkin,  Veers then Piett.

Offline Valtar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Impressive... Most Impressive.
    • View Profile
    • Valtarz Customz 'n' Artz
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2003, 04:23 PM »
Geezzz!  I can't beleive you guys forgot {Needa} :'(  Heh, I like Tarkin, Needa, and Piett.   :P  

Offline sith lord

• Youngling
  • run,the ewoks are coming
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2003, 09:02 PM »
my favorite officer has to be moff jerjerrod.he may have seemed like a coward but who wouldn't be afraid if they were told the emperor is displeased with there progress and is coming.
a super star destroyer is no match for an a-wing.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2003, 07:39 PM »
Captain Needa.  He actually seems to think that Vader will understand, and goes to personally apologise.  Nothing like being accountable!  ;D
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Ginger girl

• Youngling
  • babushka!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2003, 10:07 PM »
Peter Cushing is a personal fav of mine in other movies though as well, so I'm a bit biased in that I just enjoy him as an actor.  I consider his the best performance of Star Wars overall.  

I totally agree.  Grand Moff Tarkin is soooo hot in episode 4.  Prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrah.  I'm so excited to see my husband in episode 3.  yayayayayayayayayyyy!   ;D  he's the coolest!  Definately my favorite.  

Offline HWR

• Jedi Initiate
  • Finally I have returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 1, 2003, 09:55 AM »
All of the named officers are cool in their own way, my favorites arte.

1. Grand Moff Tarkin
2. Admiral Piett
3. Moff Jerjerrod
4. Captain Needa
5. General Veers

But as already mentioned by another member,  Michael Sheard (Admiral Ozzel) is really a standup guy. After a convention in Copenhagen, I and some other fans (including Kim Zoll and StarwarsDenmark) went to a chinese restauant with him (Michael Sheard), that was quite funny.

-Henrik
Collector of vintage loose Star Wars figures and variations.
Three time sponsor and presenter at the Celebration Europe Collector Track.