Author Topic: SDCC'08/SWShop Senate Security Clone Trooper  (Read 7234 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
SDCC'08/SWShop Senate Security Clone Trooper
« on: June 20, 2008, 11:39 PM »
No details yet on just how much he's going to cost or how he'll be sold, but it was confirmed in today's Q&A Session.   :D

I'm assuming it's just a Red repaint of the basic Clone Trooper, similar to the Blue and Yellow repaints that Jesse reported on a couple weeks ago...
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 04:27 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: SDCC'08 StarWarsShop Exclusive Clone Trooper Captain
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 12:00 AM »
Juicy tidbit of info there Jeff.  Nice. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 11:34 AM »
Do we know that the Clone Captain will be a red-striped trooper? The generic Clone Officers seem like figures that would be reserved for the main line for easy kid access... I'm thinking the Clone Captain might be one of the purple/maroon troopers that showed up a week or two ago. Much more obscure design... seems perfect for an exclusive.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 09:56 AM »
Awesome, another exclusive line I don't have to stand in.  :D
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 11:28 AM »
Interesting and thanks for the info.  Since it's an exclusive, maybe it'll come with a nice pack-in such as a stand or something.  Something that distinguishes it from the main line.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 04:25 PM »
And guess what we got in the old in-box today...

Click the thumbnail to check out carded shots of the new SDCC'08 StarWarsShop Exclusive Clone Trooper Senate Security!

A hair different than a regular Captain I guess, but basically the same (more or less).
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 04:25 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: SDCC'08/SWShop Senate Security Clone Trooper
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 04:28 PM »
I like him... but I'm dreading the $20 price point that probably comes with him...  ::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 04:29 PM »
Ha! That's pretty sad. I feel sorry for anyone with an urge to buy this.  ;D
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 04:31 PM »
I'm in the same boat as Jeff.  I like it (especially since its the precursor to the Shocktroopers, which I like), but I'm also dreading the $20 pricepoint that probably comes with it.  It doesn't look too bad though.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008, 04:34 PM »
Yeah I don't think it's bad at all but the price is gonna hurt regardless.  SWS is never cheap, and never as cheap as it at least should be.

I'm wondering if these guys make an appearnce in the movie or series now?  Seems like they probably could...  Giving the shockies a little history is cool.  I wonder if they're all red or no?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2008, 04:43 PM »
I like him... but I'm dreading the $20 price point that probably comes with him...  ::)

My apathy remains my best friend in this. 

So long as I remember to buy this two years down the road, I'll probably get it for $10 or so, possibly less if I can get it loose. 

I just can't deal with exclusive Hasbro stuff anymore.  Is there anything, aside from Toy Fair Vader (is it fare or fair, I never remember) and to a lesser extent, Sacul, that has held it's value in the modern era?  I can't think of anything off the top of my head and I know I spent a ton and imposed on a lot of people for various exclusives over the years.  The angst and annoyance of trying to get a CIII Vader?  Pffft, I've got two sitting here that I'll take a loss on no matter what I try and sell them for.  Anything Target or Walmart exclusive hold any value at all?  Doubt it. 

Nope, I'm apathetic to Hasbro these days.  I still like the stuff.  I'll still buy it (because I'm a. addicted b. a fool c. like it; pick one) probably, but just some time down the road. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline CaptainYoda

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2008, 06:29 PM »
The Toy Fair is the annual convention in New York. Think Fair, like Carnival.  The magazine is Toyfare. Fare like a menu.

Anyways, this is a pretty decent exclusive. I am guessing $15.00. The single carded figures were 15 last year (like the McQuarrie Luke from CIV). Except for R2-KT which was 10, but that was a whole different story.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2008, 07:10 PM »
Why does it feel like 2005 again? Why do I need another version of a figure that I bought three years ago?

Isn't this just this figure with better movement?

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2008, 07:22 PM »
Well, he does have a Republic/Senate (Think of the staff that Valorrum came with) logo on his shoulder, I guess to denote his station.  I find it interesting I guess that the "Shocktrooper" evolved from a special branch of Clones who protected VIP (Very Immense Penises), political, and other important people on Coruscant...  And sorta became Palpatine's personal goons then.

They kind of remind me (and maybe this is why I find them more interesting than they are?) of "soldiers" the Nazis used to protect important people, etc.  It's a strange/interesting parallel I guess.

I'm also having some fun seeing how this EU is evolving.  It's really witnessing some expansion of the movies taking place...  The "Shocktrooper" legion wasn't always who we saw in the armor we saw in E3.  They came from somewhere, and maybe were some of the first Clones to adopt a color like that even? 

I'm not even buying the animated stuff, but I'm really sorta hoping (I know, lame) we see some of these realistic someday.  I'd buy a little group of this guy in a realistic sculpt.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2008, 07:27 PM »
I like the looks of this figure especially the helmet as it's very Fett-looking in terms of deco placement. Also it's a welcome sight to see he includes the rifle versus the blaster that we always seem to get with clones.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 07:22 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird