Author Topic: Disney Jedi Academy 5-Pack  (Read 43427 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Disney Jedi Academy 5-Pack
« Reply #75 on: July 3, 2010, 12:53 AM »
So I finally ended up with this set this week... am I right that it's entirely EU?  or are these kids based on kids from EII or EIII?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #76 on: July 3, 2010, 01:10 AM »
I'd go a step further and say it's entirely just slapped together/made up by Hasbro.  They're good Padawan filler though. 

Other than Vader of course, it's just a little filler set to me, but I liked it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #77 on: July 3, 2010, 01:29 AM »
am I right that it's entirely EU?  or are these kids based on kids from EII or EIII?

I used my imagination to say the 2x little kids were from EpII and the other two Jedi were from EpIII temple massacre...  does that count?
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #78 on: July 3, 2010, 01:32 AM »
That's not canon![/nerdydoofus]
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 3, 2010, 12:18 PM »
am I right that it's entirely EU?  or are these kids based on kids from EII or EIII?

I used my imagination to say the 2x little kids were from EpII and the other two Jedi were from EpIII temple massacre...  does that count?

Nope.

They're going EU.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 6, 2010, 01:20 PM »
It's good they included that Gary Colman tribute figure in the JA 5-pack.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 26, 2010, 01:20 PM »
Picked this set up from Crunchy Nug, definitely a completist purchase.

Oops. Meant this for the boarding party thread.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 01:21 PM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 20, 2010, 10:55 PM »
i picked up the jedi knight figure that is basicly the rots agen kolar body recolored and with a different head on ebay for $9....it;s nothing special but a random generic jedi knight is always cool tohave in my book. i think if they did some random kit bashed jedi fodder figure in new waves, mabey labeled him as a geonosis arena jedi or O66 jedi it'd be a great seller. the new charecter jedi from the geo-arena 2 pks. seem to do well....im not a huge little padawan fan so i didnt ge the rest....anyone else get the whole set and open it?
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #83 on: August 21, 2010, 01:59 AM »
I got one, and I was pleased...  a couple human Padawans are long overdue IMO, especially for O66 slaughtering fun (Now just need Cin Dralig to go with them), and I found the fairly generic Jedi Master to be worthy on the Jedi shelf too...  I may pick up an extra ROTS Sith Eyes Anakin just to have him choking that guy out at some point as he tries to defend the Padawans or something.

To me though, it's a good set, but an attrocious price for all of it...  The fate of Disney stuff though, and sometimes it's too cool to pass up.  I got all the Star Tours Droids too, and while they were pricey, I don't regret getting them either...  well, not all of them anyway.  A couple really blow, especially the latter ones.

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 21, 2010, 02:37 PM »
what was the original disney price for this set? i do remember the disney startours droids being privey also......i would like to pick up the padawans at some point...

jesse james - so do you have a dio set up or one in mind for the temple attack where your going to set up your jedi? :)
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #85 on: August 23, 2010, 01:49 AM »
Just kind of something in mind.  I'm thinking about adding a couple customs if I can at some point as well.  I'd really like some Younglings to surface as an "extra" with future figures.  I'm really hoping for Cin Drallig in the future though, which I'll have Anakin choking him out I think, and then some Younglings around him making a futile stand against him or something.