Author Topic: CW Republic Gunships (WM, TRU, & Target?)  (Read 35608 times)

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: CW Republic Gunships (WM, TRU, & Target?)
« Reply #90 on: October 13, 2008, 11:19 PM »
 I just took one today, of course I love it!.... I will like to have the rest 5 or 4 of the previous years...

Also I saw the "Legacy A-Wing" with figure, darnet I had to skip it till this week.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 14, 2008, 01:26 PM »
I guess after 5 releases of this ship, I don't find it to be exciting.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #92 on: October 14, 2008, 04:23 PM »
No doubt...  The noseart's nice, the cartoon rocks, but I think between having umpteen of them in the hands of collectors already, coupled with the $50 pricetag (yeesh), nobody gives a poo on this.  I'll be shocked if I don't see these readily available.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 14, 2008, 04:32 PM »
I kind of think these might be around as well, unless they are big sellers to parents for Christmas presents.  This looks kind of nifty, just like the Clone Wars one did to me as well, but I still only have the original Attack of the Clones version (which was $40 at the time I think).  On one hand I'm getting much more selective on purchases (and have considered dropping PT vehicles, but some of the Clone Wars concepts might change my mind - Y-Wing bomber), and also, these Gunships take up a lot of space to display with that wingspan.  Anyways, like others have said, this one might sit for a bit - especially at $50.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #94 on: October 14, 2008, 07:06 PM »
The kid factor is a big one but I'm thinking $50, unless it's a Christmas gift, is gonna be a hard pill to swallow...  not to mention people just aren't spending like they used to, especially on higher-priced items.  I think smaller priced items like action figures will do better this year than in years past because Christmas sales still need to go on, but the bigger ticket stuff is what'll take the bump.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 16, 2008, 09:20 AM »
I stopped at our local store looking for an A-Wing (didn't have any) yesterday, and they had a ton of these stuck in various places throughout the toy section.  They shared an endcap with SW Lego sets and leftover Droid Factory 2 packs, and there was another 5-6 shoved in the regular section in the action figure aisle.  I was just surprised how many they had for such a big vehicle, but I didn't see a single A-Wing.  Hopefully they'll be put out later on.

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 17, 2008, 12:26 AM »
I stopped at our local store looking for an A-Wing (didn't have any) yesterday, and they had a ton of these stuck in various places throughout the toy section.  They shared an endcap with SW Lego sets and leftover Droid Factory 2 packs, and there was another 5-6 shoved in the regular section in the action figure aisle.  I was just surprised how many they had for such a big vehicle, but I didn't see a single A-Wing.  Hopefully they'll be put out later on.

Just my 24 hr Walmart has it at the moment out, maybe 20 (A-Wing's), for $30 buck. I was tempted, but I was searching for figures instead.

Your Walmart maight has it at the storage, waiting to be out soon. You maight want ask one of the workers there if is there, the least they can tell you is that they can't take it out, till its autorized. very nice ship indeed.

====================================================================

BTW: You guys who post negative feelings to the new Gunship, cus you brag to have more than one( wish is cool btw  ;) ), should not do so...
Cus this turn off newbyies, & new collectors... Also you make look the forum bad & boring. Sorry but that is the animosity you cause lol!

It should be an exitement, for people  or kids who like the new CW series, also the gunship was meant for these CG figures wish is cool & a new thing.

Just imagine you never  had one  ;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #97 on: October 17, 2008, 01:57 AM »
However, 99% of our board is comprised of guys that aren't "newbies" to this hobby... 

And you're gonna find people have something negative to say about anything/everything.  That's what the boards are for really...  Discussing what you like, and likewise what you dislike, about the hobby.  In this case, most of us have been here for the 12+ years of the hobby, or longer if we collected vintage.  I totally see where those guys are gunshipped out.

Myself, I have one Gunship and due to it being out of scale it's the only one I'll be buying ever.

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 17, 2008, 02:46 AM »
However, 99% of our board is comprised of guys that aren't "newbies" to this hobby... 

And you're gonna find people have something negative to say about anything/everything.  That's what the boards are for really...  Discussing what you like, and likewise what you dislike, about the hobby.  In this case, most of us have been here for the 12+ years of the hobby, or longer if we collected vintage.  I totally see where those guys are gunshipped out.

Myself, I have one Gunship and due to it being out of scale it's the only one I'll be buying ever.

Hi

Well I think that I have to live with that, now that you justify your statment.

Well I guess if this was about a new Gunship, perhaps the never done Gunship that can transport a AT-TE, would maked the topic more fun to you all olders he?

I bet nothing negative you have to say about the AT-TE, cus is a new thing right?  ;) yes

Edited:

Well I guess I have to talk only to new collectors & Newbyies, cus I see the diference between the new & old collector...
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 10:09 PM by Theta 288 »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #99 on: October 17, 2008, 01:53 PM »
Well now I think I can identify with you a bit, but I started again last year to collect, cus the previous SW collection after Ep 1, were kinda ugly figures...things got better, with one previous the 30th anny, Saga etc... & now the Legacy, I can send Kenner's vintage to Hell if I had still got the collection today, in comparison with the new Hasbro Collection, I dont regret my vintage loss ...

BLASPHEMY!   :P
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline manglord

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 24, 2008, 10:24 PM »
Picked up my first Gunship ever last night, I love this ship, it rocks! But can't help but notice that it looked like a few things may have been omitted from from the interior. Never owning one before, it's kinda hard to tell. To me, it kinda looks like something is missing just behind the dropping platform and directly in front of the platform. Was there some kind of door to divide the cockpit from the rest of the ship. And it kinda looks like something is supposed to snap into position in the rear, i just doubt a speeder will fit back there. Was there some kind of Rifle rack or Ammo cases? ??? 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 24, 2008, 10:54 PM »
I picked up this new version yesterday.  I'll probably open it up in a few weeks as my collection room finally starts to come together.

And it kinda looks like something is supposed to snap into position in the rear, i just doubt a speeder will fit back there. Was there some kind of Rifle rack or Ammo cases? ??? 

The SAGA & Clone Wars (2003) speeder bike will snap into the rear part of the Gunship's troop bay.  But only those versions work.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 10:56 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline manglord

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 24, 2008, 11:02 PM »
No Way! That's outrageous! I gotta get one now...Thanks Nicklab!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 24, 2008, 11:33 PM »
Those speeder bikes disassemble to fit in there.  And that rear part of the Gunship cargo bay was designed for the speeder bike to fit in there.  You can check out that particular speeder bike HERE.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 6, 2008, 06:23 PM »
One of my local Wal-Marts had dozens of these last month and this morning, it seems-- unless someone moved 'em all-- that they sold through already.  Hunh.  How about your neighborhoods?

The ARC doesn't seem to be moving as quickly but it certainly seems people are hungry for Gunships.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News