Author Topic: CW Republic Gunships (WM, TRU, & Target?)  (Read 35671 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: CW Republic Gunships (WM, TRU, & Target?)
« Reply #75 on: September 21, 2008, 10:09 AM »
It has the same doors as all the other ones.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline commander apoc

• Jedi Initiate
  • Fine by me.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 21, 2008, 07:09 PM »
then the picture is way off :P
There can never be enough clones.....

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #77 on: October 7, 2008, 01:50 AM »
I spotted a few cases of these at my local WM. They hadn't put them out yet, but probably will soon. The cases had the 7/26 release date on them. Weird.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #78 on: October 7, 2008, 01:51 AM »
Probably got delayed either in the U.S. at WM's distribution centers, or overseas.  Overseas images have been out since before 7/26 so the ships have just been mellowing somewhere.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 7, 2008, 12:33 PM »
Hi I'm new.

I personally want some of these Gunship's for custom jobs if the price is right. I own none.... I can't wait for it

I spot the slave girl on the ship, now the TV show will show more variant colors etc., into the vehicles.

Sorry for the bad quality.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #80 on: October 8, 2008, 09:25 AM »
FYI - I just picked up 1 of these this morning, they were located on the top shelf above the figures (Along with the A-wings).
$49.99 is the price, I was a bit taken back as I thought this was going to be $30, a real shocker indeed. I did not get to open it yet to see if it's a worthy repaint. $39.99 should have been the max this price gouging is crazy!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 9, 2008, 08:59 AM »
FYI - I just picked up 1 of these this morning, they were located on the top shelf above the figures (Along with the A-wings).
$49.99 is the price, I was a bit taken back as I thought this was going to be $30, a real shocker indeed. I did not get to open it yet to see if it's a worthy repaint. $39.99 should have been the max this price gouging is crazy!

Yeah, I'm not buying this just for the artwork. It's neat, but not $15-20 more neat.

If the artwork isn't permanent meaning we apply the stickers ourselves, then it has at least some draw for me.

Either way, I think I'll be passing on this at retail and hope to get it for cheap some time down the line. If I never get this version I won't sweat it.

What we really need is AOTC/ROTS accurate gunships. I've got at least 2 if not 3 of these, but want 2-3 more. Inaccurate ones are not really on my immediate radar to buy.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #82 on: October 9, 2008, 09:08 AM »
If the artwork isn't permanent meaning we apply the stickers ourselves, then it has at least some draw for me.

It's permanently applied...

Yakface QnA 7/11/08:
Q3: Dear Hasbro, a boxed image has shown up online of the new Clone Wars Republic Gunship and it has sparked the discussion regarding the label/decal possibilities. Will collectors be able to "personalize" their gunships in regards to the nose art? The box front looks to show at least 2 decos (the "Twi'lek pin-up" and a red circular symbol) are these labels included with the gunship and are there other choices as well? What are they?

A3: The deco of the vehicle includes the nose art tampo. It will not be provided on a sticker sheet.

« Last Edit: October 9, 2008, 09:09 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 9, 2008, 09:48 AM »
Other considerations aside, I've been thinking long and hard about this one. This is the fifth unique Gunship released, I really don't need another one.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #84 on: October 9, 2008, 10:50 AM »
I opened the box to peek at the deco, the other notable change is the canopy, it has tinted black windows. Overall it appears this does not have a lot of battle damage but it looks pretty damn good. This looks to be one of the sharpest gunship decos to date but the price tag really take away from it. For that price it should have came with the Gun Turrets. I have all 5 Gunships, I bought this reluctantly but I think this will actually be one of my favorite ones. The Twi'lek chic deco looks really sharp. If I were to rank the Gunships in order I would have to say:

1. WM Gunship
2. CW Arc Gunship
3. CW 2003 Command Gunship
4. AOTC
5. ROTS

I may have to get rid of one of these as this is Gunship overkill...like the Starfightrers. I am passing on the Wampa Arc as it's really a dumb concept like the Space Whale arc but even that is more interesting than a Wampa head breathing fire, it takes away from the mystique of the Wampa to have them be widely known creatures.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 9, 2008, 12:27 PM »

It's permanently applied...

A3: The deco of the vehicle includes the nose art tampo. It will not be provided on a sticker sheet.

[/quote]

well that smells stink-o-whiff!

Looks like I'll be passing on this then...

dang. I do like the artwork, but again, I'm not paying $15-20 more for this just for that.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 11, 2008, 12:59 PM »
does anyone knows if TRS or Target will have the repack Gunships?

I saw in a Game Store the one for CW ARC, for $75, I have the Arc hunt for Grevous figure's pack .
what is the innacuracy of this ship?  I see all are the same exept the paint job.

I can't explain why doesn't come with the turrets, I know you must buy the clone trooper figure that comes with that, but the turret is not the right size... Other: why they didn't complete the next doors on each side of the ship, or at leas make a figure that comes with that?

Anyway pic here.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 01:01 PM by Theta 288 »

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 11, 2008, 08:43 PM »
Just got one for $50... there seem to be plenty to go around mostly all stocked where you can't see them.   Notes:
- Dark blue canopy hides the figures inside
- There is paint on the bottom of the ship that you can't see
- Ball turrets are now painted, were formerly clear
- No stickers of any kind
- All rockets match the ship except the two large ones, which are red
- Landing platform has paint on it
- The side doors are *extremely* stiff-- I thought they were stuck in place they now move so slowly

There's definitely more paint on this than previous releases (no doubt an attempt to add some sort of visual value for a few extra pennies) and it is quite nice.  The Twi'lek girl on the side seems to be done up in the new animated style, before I thought it was going to be "realistic."   It's pretty slick for anyone who doesn't have a Gunship or is jonesing for new Clone Wars goodies, but if this is your second (or fifth), you probably don't  need it.  Of course, I don't listen to reason, so I had to get one anyway.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline nheimbigner

• Youngling
  • clone 5x
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 12, 2008, 03:35 PM »
Just got one for $50... there seem to be plenty to go around mostly all stocked where you can't see them.   Notes:
- Dark blue canopy hides the figures inside
- There is paint on the bottom of the ship that you can't see
- Ball turrets are now painted, were formerly clear
- No stickers of any kind
- All rockets match the ship except the two large ones, which are red
- Landing platform has paint on it
- The side doors are *extremely* stiff-- I thought they were stuck in place they now move so slowly

There's definitely more paint on this than previous releases (no doubt an attempt to add some sort of visual value for a few extra pennies) and it is quite nice.  The Twi'lek girl on the side seems to be done up in the new animated style, before I thought it was going to be "realistic."   It's pretty slick for anyone who doesn't have a Gunship or is jonesing for new Clone Wars goodies, but if this is your second (or fifth), you probably don't  need it.  Of course, I don't listen to reason, so I had to get one anyway.

should i get it if i only have 200?
dollars?
.o0O0o.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 13, 2008, 10:28 AM »
Definitely? not?