Author Topic: Target Exclusive Clone Wars Battle Packs  (Read 15272 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: Target Exclusive Clone Wars Battle Packs
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2008, 05:33 PM »
087-06-2064 - SW Clone Trooper Battlepack ($19.99)

$7.99 for a basic figure or $19.99 for five of 'em.

Doesn't make much sense does it?

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2008, 11:43 AM »
Now that i have the basic release Yoda, i can see that it is the same figure as this yoda. The cane fits into the slot where the action feature goes.  :-\
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 11:44 AM by evenflow »
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline smartsoccerbb

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2008, 05:58 PM »
I wanted to get those two battlepacks instead of the basic figures. Oh well, I'll buy an Obi Wan and Yoda, than buy them again.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2008, 12:18 PM »
I wanted to get those two battlepacks instead of the basic figures. Oh well, I'll buy an Obi Wan and Yoda, than buy them again.

You can always just wait. Patience pays off. Plus, you can enjoy the Anakin figure that much more.  :P

Offline smartsoccerbb

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2008, 12:42 PM »
I know. I thought about that. And I can be very patient(waiting for allowance to buy more figs).
But I don't know if I can wait until November.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2008, 01:06 PM »
I do understand where you're coming from. I was getting toys with allowance only (aside from B-Day/Christmas) just several years ago. In this case, waiting is not too bad. I'm sure you can find some other toys to occupy yourself until November (Which will come soon enough). The Obi-Wan is kinda cool, but the Yoda looks to be terrible. Look at it this way: Buying those two figures now costs nearly the same as one battlepack later. Two for $16 plus tax versus five for $20 plus tax. Waiting seems smarter.

Offline smartsoccerbb

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2008, 04:02 PM »
Yeah. That way I can get more Legacy figures on the 26th. ;)

EDIT: AT Comic Con, it said these would be available 8/22
????
« Last Edit: August 7, 2008, 02:33 PM by smartsoccerbb »

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 7, 2008, 11:33 AM »
ok so are these figures coming out this month or in november? Because like smartsoccer up above mentioned comic con gave an august release date to these BP yet I remember reading somewhere else it comes out in november.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: August 7, 2008, 11:58 AM »
The Comic-Con tags said 8/22, but the release guide said 11/23.

Since both of those sources have been wrong about a few of the dates, there is no way we can know for sure.  I'd say it's a case of "they'll show up when they show up".  :P

If the 8/22 date is correct, I'm sure folks will start finding them (via DPCI trick or lazy Target employee trick) very soon...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: August 7, 2008, 02:03 PM »
I'd say since overseas images of these exist, they're gonna hit sooner than later.  That'd be my guess.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Heart_of_Darkness

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 7, 2008, 08:15 PM »
I hope I don't have to  go on a wild goose chase for these, hopefully Target will have plenty to go around ::)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2008, 06:28 PM »
I'm hoping that they will be easy to get as well. They are a great deal considering that you get four clones AND a Jedi for $20 when four clones by themselves will set you back $32 now that Target has returned to the $8/figure pricing.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2008, 08:46 PM »
I'm hoping that they will be easy to get as well. They are a great deal considering that you get four clones AND a Jedi for $20 when four clones by themselves will set you back $32 now that Target has returned to the $8/figure pricing.

I hadn't thought of that - buying the five figures seperately would cost almost twice as much as the 5 figure BPs.  Who the heck at Hasbro is setting these prices?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2008, 09:07 PM »
I hadn't thought of that - buying the five figures seperately would cost almost twice as much as the 5 figure BPs.  Who the heck at Hasbro is setting these prices?

Oh-- this is fun.  Basically, the cost of packaging materials is so high that it costs a lot to package one figure, but you save a ton when you can get 2 or 3 or 7 figures in a single package.  For example:

1 Figure: $7
1 box of 7 figures in an Internet exclusive pack: $34-$40

1 carded GI Joe figure: $7 or $8
1 Comic 2-pack: $9.99

Basically, packaging costs a lot of money.  I think someone told me once that a G.I. Joe figure in the 1980s cost a couple of cents to make, but the packaging was about $0.50-- why this is, I have no idea, but the packaging is a huge part of the product cost. If fans simply demanded $10 and $20 figure multi-packs, we'd all be getting much better deals.  (Heck, look at Valor vs. Venom/Spy Troops/etc.  It's not just the licensing fee, the cost of cardboard and plastic always gets passed along to the consumer.)  Even Evolutions are a fine example-- it's cheaper for Hasbro and it's cheaper for us.  It's just that most fans prefer/demand the basic individual carded format.  (A lot of Joe collectors actively despised the whole 2-pack angle, and I know it cost them a lot of my dollars as I often just wanted one of the two in the set.)
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2008, 09:15 PM »
I would sign up for all of the above if not for all the discussion about why Hasbro did not include a 5th figure in the Sheild Generator Battle Pack.  If your rationale is correct, it should cost next to nothing for them to include the additional Imperial Officer proposed.  But Hasbro decided that they could charge $20 for four figures or would need to raise the price to $25 for the five figures including the 2nd duplicate officer. 

If the bulk of the cost is wrapped up in packaging, then why the need to charge $5 for an additional figure?  Something doesn't add up there.  I get that packaging per figure costs more, but I'd really be shocked to find that it costs twice the price of bundled figures.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today