Author Topic: Legacy Collection Comic Packs  (Read 213591 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Legacy Collection Comic Packs
« Reply #45 on: August 5, 2008, 03:14 PM »
Anakin - [snip] The new head sculpt

So it's definitely a new head sculpt then?  I opened up my comic packs this afternoon and I was pretty sure I hadn't seen that Anakin head before, but there are so many Anakin's that I wasn't sure if it was indeed a new head or a recycled one that I wasn't remembering. :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #46 on: August 5, 2008, 03:43 PM »
Yes, it's a new sculpt. I tore apart every Anakin figure and I am 100% positive. Did you think it looked a bit she-male? What did you think of the packs overall?

My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 5, 2008, 04:08 PM »
She/male Anakin isn't that bad, it's equivelant to his son, Saga 2 Tatooine Luke the one that came with Ben's treasure chest.  Besides the lack of articu. on Durge his legs actually look shorter for some reason, maybe just me.
For the Asajj set they looked really great but watch for the paint apps. around the necks/collar on Tol.

Side note I saw these at TRU and someone blantantly cut/ripped Durge out of the plastic, either that or he escaped, and put it right back on the front peg.  Trip is there is a big ole black "balloon" camera right there.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #48 on: August 5, 2008, 04:11 PM »
She/male Anakin isn't that bad, it's equivelant to his son, Saga 2 Tatooine Luke the one that came with Ben's treasure chest.  Besides the lack of articu. on Durge his legs actually look shorter for some reason, maybe just me.

I did not think it looked bad either. Some made comments about it made me wonder the consensus on it.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 5, 2008, 04:51 PM »

I did not think it looked bad either. Some made comments about it made me wonder the consensus on it.

Remove the paint on the lips add some dark circles around the eyes and it'd make a good darkside Anakin.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #50 on: August 5, 2008, 05:00 PM »
Did you think it looked a bit she-male?

Not really...

What did you think of the packs overall?

I liked them.  Tol, Asajj, Durge are all good figures, but I'd call Anakin just OK.  I would have liked Anakin to have had the hip articulation of the updated Evo sculpt from this year and it would have been great if they could have finally given him balljoint elbows.  Oh well, maybe next time...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2008, 12:41 PM »
I was able to pick up the Asaaj/Skorr and Anakin/Durge packs this weekend, and got a chance to open them yesterday - and I have to say I'm a little disappointed.  I guess the figures I was looking forward to the most were Asaaj and Durge (missed the Clone Wars versions), and neither of them have articulated knees.  The sculpts and everything are good I guess, but I was kind of hoping for "ultimate" versions of these characters, particularly with more focus now coming with the upcoming CW show (well, we don't know about Durge yet I guess).  I always regretted not getting the Deluxe Durge figure (which I hear is great), and now, I still do.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2008, 02:33 PM »
I was disappointed to see that Durge and Assajj both lack knee joints, as Hasbro I believe made mention the price hike was going to help them improve articulation on these sets...  Guess that was blowing smoke up our asses though.  Assajj is a great figure otherwise though.  My only other gripe is maybe she could've used the holsters for her sabers that a past figure had.  I liked those a lot.  The knees were my main gripe though.

I didn't even buy Durge/Anakin though...  I'm considering it but right now I'm thinking I need to cut back things I really just don't care about and that set just didn't interest me much.  I like my Deluxe Durge just fine and made him a cool bolo weapon so he's all armed up.

Tol Skor is pretty nifty though.  That's a nice figure overall and I dig the left hand's sculpt.  top notch.  Plus the shoulder pads move with the shoulders.  That's nice thinking on the designer's part.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2008, 05:41 PM »
Just got a bunch of new ones, haven't opened them all yet.  Here are some first impressions you can ignore.

DURGE & ANAKIN
Seems like Evo Anakin with new deco, maybe new head.  Durge is a mix of the 2003 Deluxe figure with retooled bits.  Overall: Meh.
ASAJJ & TOL SKORR
Asajj seems to be the 2003 carded version with new legs, soft goods, and new deco.  Her saber isn't painted correctly.  Her little droid is nice, though.  Tol Skorr seems like a waste of plastic except for the fact that it's a fine figure with 14 points of articulation and some of the best paint I've seen this year.  Why such a forgettable character gets the deluxe treatment is beyond me.
ANTARES DRACO & GANNER KRIEG
Both share the same super-articulated body.  Great paint, awesome sculpting, wonderful deco.  Soft goods "skirt" and "cape."  Cape is not removable and attached cloth hood hangs on head strangely, just like all Jedi robes.  Antares' head alone is worth buying this set to see.  He reminds me of someone and I can't put my finger on it.  Ganner reminds me of someone from a ren faire trying to be Legolas, but it's still an excellent sculpt and is true to the character.  Get this set.
CADE & DARTH TALON
The packaging for Cade has a slot for a lightsaber in it.  Hasbro has confirmed, months ago, that the figure will not include a lightsaber.  Way to go, Hasbro Packaging Department.   Cade looks more like his mother due to the bubbly hair and eyeliner.  The body of the figure, though, is one of Hasbro's finest with tons of articulation and a great holster.  I love this figure, I just wish the head was a little bit better in terms of deco and it'd be perfect.   Darth Talon has no elbow joints, but is otherwise super articulated.  She looks better than the early prototypes.  Also, her saber hilt is very bend-friendly so be careful.  This is a great set, I'd say get it but consider holding off on it until you see a few Cade's face in person a few times, to see if they're all this way.  (I think they are.)
THRAWN & TALON KARRDE
Thrawn's ankles bother me.  Around the joint is unpainted white plastic which you can see from the front-- it's all very distracting. He also doesn't have a gun, but he does have one of his Ysalamiri buddies.  Super articulated, but the skirt prevents all hip movement.   Karrde is great-- working holster, super articulated, etc.  His arms and jacket are the same color, which is a little off-putting.  But it's a very nice figure.   This set seems like it could do very well with customizers for many different reasons, I really like it.  I wonder if we'll end up getting more of the various grand admirals.

XIZOR & LEIA
VADER & SNIPER LEIA
VADER & TRACHTA
Haven't opened it yet.

MISC
- Super-articulated seems the norm for most new Comic Pack figures
- The figures are, on average, as good as or better than individual figures
- Waist articulation more similar to GI Joe or Clones on a lot of figures-- the belt is not necessarily the waist joint any more.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2008, 05:46 PM »
Cool, thanks for the reviews Adam.

On Ventress though, I believe her legs are the same mold as before.  Which is unfortunate due to the lack of knee articulation.  But her arms are new and very well done.

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2008, 06:54 PM »
Cool, thanks for the reviews Adam.

On Ventress though, I believe her legs are the same mold as before.  Which is unfortunate due to the lack of knee articulation.  But her arms are new and very well done.

They are-- I wrote "legs," I meant "arms." :)  Legs are absolutely the same.
--AP

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2008, 07:01 PM »
- Waist articulation more similar to GI Joe or Clones on a lot of figures-- the belt is not necessarily the waist joint any more.

It had looked like Cade had some articulation around his armor is this what you're refering to?

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2008, 07:07 PM »
i got the Durge/anakin pack and noticed that the figures were packaged on the wrong sides. the durge name and picture has the anakin figure inside it.there is another comic pack like that but i forgot which one...
He's no good to me open

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2008, 07:42 PM »
It had looked like Cade had some articulation around his armor is this what you're refering to?

Yup.  Darth Talon's waist joint is under her top, Tol Skorr's is under his pecs, SOTE Leia's is also under her chest,  so this seems to be more common on these guys.
--AP

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2008, 08:09 PM »
OK, opened up Xizor vs. Leia.  Both are super articulated.

Leia's OK but her little wrap won't stay on.  Short.  Blaster seems to be the one from Antilles/Dodonna.

Xizor's decent.  Lots of detail.  The staff is the same one as 1996 Momaw Nadon.

...and futzing with Durge more, it seems he's basically a new mold.  No jetpack (or hole for said pack), redone arms, etc.  He's definitely new or modified heavily, but is inspired heavily by his 2003 ancestor.  And Thrawn's little lizard buddy seems to have partially discolored little spots on his torso.

These packs are so great that I'd actually be happy to see the line converted to be more comic packs.  Assuming, of course, 9% of them didn't include another Vader.
--AP