Author Topic: Legacy Collection Comic Packs  (Read 213605 times)

Offline Corax

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Collection Comic Packs
« Reply #75 on: September 5, 2008, 06:23 PM »
Grabbed one each of the Draco/Krieg, Cade/Talon, Leia/Dala, Dengar/Shysa sets tonight on my way home from work.

I haven't opened the two Marvel sets yet, but I did open the two Legacy sets - they are fantastic!

There's only one thing that I noticed was different about my Cade/Talon set when compared to Adam's reviews - my Cade came with both a lit and unlit lightsaber. The hilt is almost all silver with some black grip lines at near the bottom of the handle and the lit saber has a green blade. I think this meant to be Sia's lightsaber from Issue #6 that the two Imperial Knights come with.

So what will be the more common version of the set with or without the lightsaber? I'm going to shoot myself if the "with" set is rarer of the two since I just opened one of those.  :o

Actually the lit lightsaber and the hilt that Cade has is from later in the series; like around issue #12 :)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 5, 2008, 08:29 PM »
Actually the lit lightsaber and the hilt that Cade has is from later in the series; like around issue #12 :)

Cool - thanks for the clarification.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 5, 2008, 08:31 PM »
Can you share a picture, by any chance?  I've heard this from one other person and haven't seen it myself.  And I've seen at least 6 of the Cade sets so far.

Thanks to Jeff's quick response - the pictures he posted are exactly what mine looked like before I opened it.

I did notice that for some odd reason on the front of the packaging it's mis-numbered as Comic Pack #2 - the back and bubble insert correctly show Comic Pack #4, but the front of the card back is wrong.

Cade's a great figure - you can tell that Hasbro probably figured that this would be the ONLY chance to deliver on this character so they better make it a good one.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Corax

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 5, 2008, 10:55 PM »
Are you absolutely sure this is the only Cade being released? ;)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 6, 2008, 07:30 PM »
Are you absolutely sure this is the only Cade being released? ;)

No of course not - no one can ever be sure of that. But based on the answers that Hasbro provides in the Q&As, they often will indicate that a figure that a character got will be the ONLY shot at getting that character in plastic.

Besides, personally, I would rather see them hit upon a bunch of other characters from the Legacy series:

• Darth Krayt
  • Darth Nihl
  • Darth Maladi
  • Darth Wyyrlok
  • Darth Stryfe
  • Wolf Sazen
  • Shado Vao
  • Emperor Fel
  • Marasiah Fel
  • Astraal Vao
  • Delilah Blue
  • Jariah Syn
  • K'Kruhk
  • Kol Skywalker
  • Nat Skywalker ("Bantha" Rawk)
  • Nyna Calixte
  • Morrigan Corde
  • Rav
  • Gar Stazi
  • Force Ghost Luke Skywalker

And those are just ones I can think of. I think a box set or battle pack of Krayth's Sith Lords would be a cool set. Another set that would be interesting would be to put Nyna Calixte and Morrigan Corde in the same set considering the revelation about those characters and the fact that Corge is Cade's mom.

Perhaps they could make a "Sith Apprentice" version of Cade, but on the grand scheme of things, unique characters would be far more exciting to see.

Peter

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 8, 2008, 11:03 AM »
Read over at RS but hadn't sen it mentioned here that there is a variation on the Luke/Deanna comic pack, the Deanna has a bun on the back of her noggin, compared to the OG that's a straight Juno head.  I went over to local Walmart, were this pack runeth over, and did confirm it for myself.  It's pretty easy to see thru the packaging if it has it or not.

variation hunters beware
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 8, 2008, 11:14 AM »
That's a pretty neat variation/upgrade in the figure. Wish I had waited to get the new version.

Between this and the Luke/Han Comic Stormtrooper deco changes last year...and the Mara Jade neck fix...I'm starting to get the feeling it's better to wait out the first release of a comic pack I want.

Case in point, I have been drooling over the chance to buy Talon Karrde and Admiral Thrawn since the set was announced. With the recent news that Thrawn's sculpted gloves are painted to match his flesh tone, I was slightly bummed. So do I pass this set up in the hopes that the problem gets fixed in a revision case later on, or grab it when I see it like I know I will be compelled to?

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 8, 2008, 04:22 PM »
ActionFigs.com: Recently, Hasbro stated it was "less likely" that Aurra Sing would be updated with better articulation. Might Hasbro reconsider that position given the fact that she was a major villain in several comic series, and is an action-oriented character which thus merits a better-articulated figure? Aurra could go great in a comic pack with perhaps Sharad Hett, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Reess Kairn, Torgo Tahn, Senator Tikkes, Aayla Secura or even an updated Adi Gallia.

Hasbro: We don't rule out that someday we could update Aurra Sing, but she isn't high on our list right now given some of the other figures we have coming. The version of Aurra that we have right now (last released in 2006) is, we think, still a very solid figure and the need to update her isn't as pressing....at least for now. You'll see, too, why at least two of your choices would not be good ones, as they are both coming out in the same pack in late Spring 2009.

RS has rumor of a Hett/Mundi comic pack so this kinda might be a confirmation of that.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 9, 2008, 09:12 AM »
Wow, interesting variation. I'll have to look for it.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 12, 2008, 09:23 AM »
Wow, interesting variation. I'll have to look for it.

I looked for it and picked it up. It's interesting that the picture on the back always had the "bun."
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 12, 2008, 09:48 AM »
If any of you buy the 'White Vader' comic pack and don't want the Vader, let me know. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #86 on: September 12, 2008, 01:39 PM »
Ruiner, I may have your back on that one.  I am pretty confident I won't want that Vader at all.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #87 on: September 12, 2008, 01:55 PM »
I found the four Wave 2 Comic Packs at Wal-Mart today - Cade/Talon, Legacy Guards, Fenn/Dengar, Leia/Tobbi.  For the record, my Cade has the green lit lightsaber and a saber hilt included.

One theory I read was that the "with Green Lightsaber" Cade/Talon set is in the Wave 2 boxes, while the "without Green Lightsaber" Cade/Talon set has only been found in the Wave 3 boxes that various e-tailers shipped.

The finds reported here so far seem to fit that theory...

with Green Saber:
PeteFett = with Wave 2 at ?
Jeff = with Wave 2 at Wal-Mart

without Green Saber:
Adam P = from EE Wave 3 case
JACKOFTRADZE = from EE Wave 3 case

Can anyone else out there help confirm/deny this theory?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 02:43 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #88 on: September 12, 2008, 02:30 PM »
I found the four Wave 2 Comic Packs at Wal-Mart today - Cade/Talon, Legacy Guards, Fenn/Dengar, Leia/Tobbi.  For the record, my Cade has the green lit lightsaber and a saber hilt included.

One theory I read was that the "with Green Lightsaber" Cade/Talon set is in the Wave 2 boxes, while the "without Green Lightsaber" Cade/Talon set has only been found in the Wave 3 boxes that various e-tailers shipped.

The finds reported here so far seem to fit that theory...

with Green Saber:
PeteFett = with Wave 2 at ?
Jeff = with Wave 2 at Wal-Mart

without Green Saber:
Adam P = from EE Wave 3 case

Can anyone else out there help confirm/deny this theory?

I can confirm the without Green Saber from the EE Wave 3 case, that's what I received too. I will keep my eyes peeled for the store versions.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 12, 2008, 02:57 PM »
It's so weird to me that there is so much interest in variations... oh well.  Part of the hobby I suppose 

Mine was purchased at Wal-Mart, and did have the saber w/ green hilt and an extra hilt showing on the package.  Who knows if I could even identify them now, as I've already taken Cade apart for fodder and his sabers are in a huge weapons box.