Author Topic: Legacy Collection Comic Packs  (Read 214087 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Collection Comic Packs
« Reply #285 on: March 14, 2009, 11:05 AM »
I'm in the Rob camp for basically the same reasons. I appreciate those who love their EU, but I'm not one of them.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 14, 2009, 12:35 PM »
Coming from a customizing background, we used to always make EU figures. Those were the good old days before everyone went clone crazy. I've always loved the books but have missed most of the comics. When I was customizing I would go through my star wars encyclopedia for new ideas. I think its great that Hasbro is making some obscure eu figures. I just wish they would also make some of the more known ones like Winter or Jaxx. Were is my giant green rabbit Hasbro?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #287 on: March 14, 2009, 04:30 PM »
Those were the good old days before everyone went clone crazy.

I gotta say I agree with this, at this point...  Not to say I'm dumping on the guys making Clones, as they seem to be the modern day astromech and a good way for new people to start the hobby (repaints an'nat), but how many "special forces" could the Republic honestly have had? :)  It kinda takes the "special" out of it if every other trooper is elite in some way.

People need to get back to background characters.  Stephen Hayfords background Tatooine people are still some of my favorites, and relatively simple.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Satria Libra

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 15, 2009, 11:42 PM »
Ha ha ha ha

I like your saying about every trooper is elite trooper.... So many clone guys called elite trooper.

Do you consider hasbro just exagerating the number of unit/division, which actually never exist in starwars universe?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #289 on: March 16, 2009, 02:47 AM »
A little bit, but I was speaking more to the people who customize than Hasbro...

At least when Hasbro makes stuff up, it's usually squeezed into EU somewhere, and they tend to stick to characters/elements of the EU that already exist in some capacity, like the yellow BARC Troopers or ARC Troopers and whatnot.  I'm glad they don't add to EU often by making up stuff themselves (not often at least)...  That's taking the whole EU aspect of the line to a whole new extreme...

Basically, I'd rather get EU figures than EU Hasbro decides to make up themselves because it's an easy repaint or something.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Satria Libra

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 16, 2009, 04:21 AM »
A little bit, but I was speaking more to the people who customize than Hasbro...

At least when Hasbro makes stuff up, it's usually squeezed into EU somewhere, and they tend to stick to characters/elements of the EU that already exist in some capacity, like the yellow BARC Troopers or ARC Troopers and whatnot.  I'm glad they don't add to EU often by making up stuff themselves (not often at least)...  That's taking the whole EU aspect of the line to a whole new extreme...

Basically, I'd rather get EU figures than EU Hasbro decides to make up themselves because it's an easy repaint or something.

Oke..I got it...

I know some clone troopers from EU that already exist, like commander keller / galactic marines.

but I always thought (It's because i haven't read many of the starwars comic) most of the clone variants were merely habro's creation.

How about blue airborne troopers? does they exist in EU?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 16, 2009, 09:10 AM »
I'm kind of with the majority of others on the comic pack/EU issue.  I like the comic packs fine for what they are (even more so when they were a $9.99 "value"), but I'm starting to find myself picking up less and less of them.  A lot of it is budgetary issues, but I'm one of those too that has little to no idea who some of the characters are.  I mean, sure, I know a bit from the forums and things like that, but I'm not really one who has read a ton of EU stuff (although I'm trying to branch out more), so a lot of it is unfamiliar to me.  Plus, I tend to stay away from the stuff that really doesn't look very "Star Warsy" to me.

At this point, I tend to stick to stuff that could conceivably fit into the movies - and more so the OT movies - and I'm starting to pass on the rest.  With the packs at $13ish now, and the articulation/overall figure not really upped any from the older, cheaper packs - its an easier place to make cuts when you're on a tightened budget.  I'm also one who would gladly take about any figure from the movies before an EU character/figure.  Again, like mentioned, the comic packs are great for expanding the EU - and that should be the main place for them I think.  Keep the basic line, at least for the most part, focused on movie figures.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 16, 2009, 10:07 AM »
What kills me most about this line is the too literal interpretation of some of the figures. I mean, sure, I appreciate the fact that these are supposed to hop right off the page, but it ruins some potentially great figures for me like the original Luke/Han stormtroopers, Baron Fel and new Ewoks.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Satria Libra

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 16, 2009, 11:55 PM »
Thank you for your discussion, masters...

Since i collect mainly the clone guys, I actually feel happy about many variations of clone troopers. Even if it doesn't really exist in Starwars universe.

I enjoy blue airborne troopers even though maybe, just maybe, they actually don't belong even to EU.

Heh heh heh, because if it comes to collecting stuffs.... The more the merrier.

They just make a fine addition to my collection...

But i agree with you Brian, to focus more on movie figures clone troopers.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 11:13 PM by Satria Libra »

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 17, 2009, 03:02 PM »
I for one enjoy this line for the most part. Grantted there are repacks that I could do with out (2008 Wal-Mart Comic Packs), but otherwise they have been doing a decent job of getting figures that would not be made otherwise. The opportunities for this line are endless and I want to see them make more.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 17, 2009, 03:13 PM »
I like the comic packs quite a bit.  There's sometimes some stinkers snuck in there that I don't care for, but overall I think it's been a very good format for releasing some obscure characters.

Offline Satria Libra

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 17, 2009, 11:15 PM »
I like the comic packs quite a bit.  There's sometimes some stinkers snuck in there that I don't care for, but overall I think it's been a very good format for releasing some obscure characters.

Always a room for once more, eh Master Chewie?

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 18, 2009, 03:28 AM »
I've been seeing a lot more of the newer/WM exclusive Comic Packs lately but I just can't bring myself to buy them. Not only are they getting up there in price, I just don't care about any of the characters in them. The WM exclusives are very cool but I just can't spend $13 for all three sets.

Also I've been seeing a TON of comic pack switcharoos lately. I've seen several Wedge/Bothan sets replaced with various ROTS figures and today I saw the Amanin/Officer set replaced with an Admiral Piett and the Flashback Chewie from 1998. It's really starting to piss me off.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 18, 2009, 10:12 AM »
I've been seeing a lot more of the newer/WM exclusive Comic Packs lately

These haven't even hit anywhere near Los Angeles yet.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 19, 2009, 06:20 PM »
I've been seeing a lot more of the newer/WM exclusive Comic Packs lately

These haven't even hit anywhere near Los Angeles yet.

First time that has happened.  :o
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!